Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: IT WAS THE BEST OF DAYS, IT WAS THE WORST OF DAYS, IT WAS THE OKAYIST OF DAYS  (Read 44752 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: IT WAS THE BEST OF DAYS, IT WAS THE WORST OF DAYS, IT WAS THE OKAYIST OF DAYS
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2012, 07:40:19 AM »

Otherwise...

It's a very slow and quiet morning here at ATL. I guess it a combination of a Tuesday and the anniversary of 9/11. I made from check-in, through TSA to my gate in under 10 minutes.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
Re: IT WAS THE BEST OF DAYS, IT WAS THE WORST OF DAYS, IT WAS THE OKAYIST OF DAYS
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2012, 07:40:48 AM »

PAGE TWO!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2012, 07:54:13 AM »

And... Boarding will be starting soon

Laters....
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2012, 07:57:11 AM »

That sounds familiar, Arnold M. Brockman. I remember seeing it as a kid because that was how I learned about that legal concept. Hopefully someone has the answer. I'd like to know, too.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2012, 07:57:43 AM »

Rebecca  Luker singing "All the Things You Are." A great mid-morning treat.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2012, 08:09:26 AM »

FJL, I think have you thank/blame for getting me to download "The Sex Is in the Heel" from "Kinky Boots." What an addiction. Hard to sit still at work while it's playing. I can see why it's a dance hit. Very 1990s, "Vogue"-esque. Yet I can see it working in a theater.
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2012, 08:14:38 AM »

Yes, the movie sounds familiar.....but no title from me.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Laura

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2012, 08:24:11 AM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0150377/

This sounds like it. Could this be a remake of the original?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2012, 08:29:39 AM »

I didn't look at all of them, but here's a list of "wrongly accused" movies:

http://whatculture.com/film/top-10-films-wrongly-accused.php
"That's a lotta hamsters."

FJL

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2012, 09:20:06 AM »

FJL, I think have you thank/blame for getting me to download "The Sex Is in the Heel" from "Kinky Boots." What an addiction. Hard to sit still at work while it's playing. I can see why it's a dance hit. Very 1990s, "Vogue"-esque. Yet I can see it working in a theater.

I'd written about that song charting in the Times comment box under this article

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/15/kinky-boots-sets-april-4-broadway-opening/

Was that where you heard about it?  (I may have mentioned it on ATC also.)

(The recent incidents that tease at a bridging of the gap between show music and the Billboard charts have been fascinating to me, though I know we'll likely never get back to the old days.  it's more like spotting when it happens than anything.  And this seemed like the first time in 30 years, so it felt wworth noting at least.)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2012, 09:29:30 AM »

From DR Jose:
Oh...

I read that first sentence as...

"I just baked brownies for my book discussion group pot lunch tomorrow."

I saw this & quickly double checked I had typed pot-luck lunch.  ;D

Jane

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2012, 09:32:43 AM »

DR Jose every month we have a different hostess, who also picks the book & leads the discussion.  I have been the coordinator of the group.  This means I keep all the info up to date, contact everyone if there are problems, send reminders, find substitute hostesses, get flowers for those who have life altering events, etc.  This year was an unusually complicated year.  Hopefully this upcoming year will be free of incidents.

Jane

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2012, 09:33:38 AM »

Eleven years ago the pot-luck lunch was at my house.  You can bet I was not about to volunteer to host September's meeting this year.

Jane

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2012, 09:34:10 AM »

DR Jose have a safe and easy flight!

Jane

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2012, 09:35:28 AM »

Good morning all!

Well, I head from Angie at Angie's list.  She said they are having a problem finding folks to donate to my cause.  I asked a about Lowes and she said that they declined to help.  Boo on Lowes.  Maybe if someone needs to post something on their Facebook page they might change their mind.

:(  Didn't they say they would help you?

Jane

« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2012, 09:38:12 AM »

Film Noir

I Ask My Fellow Friends On This Here Site To Help Me Name The Movie That Had The Following Plot. Two Men Fight. One Is Supposedly Killed. The Other man Is Tried For The Crime And Found Guilty. He Serves Time And Is Finally Released. He Finds Out That The Man He Supposedly Killed Is Still Alive. So He Pursues Him And Kills Him. He Can Not be Tried Again For The Same Crime,

Any Ideas?

I believe I have seen this plot more than once.  This must be the original movie, which I can't remember the name of.

John G.

« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2012, 09:55:08 AM »

I'd written about that song charting in the Times comment box under this article

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/15/kinky-boots-sets-april-4-broadway-opening/

Was that where you heard about it?  (I may have mentioned it on ATC also.)

(The recent incidents that tease at a bridging of the gap between show music and the Billboard charts have been fascinating to me, though I know we'll likely never get back to the old days.  it's more like spotting when it happens than anything.  And this seemed like the first time in 30 years, so it felt wworth noting at least.)
I don't go to ATC. I have yet to hear good things about it, and that was even before your recent spate of ill will.

I think it's the Castrecl, if it weren't here.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2012, 09:55:46 AM »

From DR Jose:
Oh...

Pot lunch will really give you the munchies.  ;)
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2012, 09:56:07 AM »

Any word from CillaLiz or Vixmom lately?
― Voltaire

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2012, 09:59:48 AM »

Totally scattered today. 

That's all I have

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2012, 10:01:10 AM »

I'm up after a pretty good night's sleep.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2012, 10:16:23 AM »

Travel vibes for DR JOSE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2012, 10:27:09 AM »

From DR Jose:
Oh...

Pot lunch will really give you the munchies.  ;)

I wouldn't know having never sampled it.

Jane

« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2012, 10:28:53 AM »

I'm off to my book group and remembering had I not been hosting I would have been more adamant about accompanying Keith on a business trip back east, returning on the 11th.  Instead Keith returned home, via the PA flight, on the 9th.

Matthew

« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2012, 11:17:01 AM »

Wasn't there a DVD release of the video of the Company recording session?

ChasSmith

« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2012, 11:21:18 AM »

Yes, but apparently it's out of print.  The prices on Amazon Marketplace are starting at $50.

Matthew

« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2012, 11:38:31 AM »

Yes, but apparently it's out of print.  The prices on Amazon Marketplace are starting at $50.

That's just silly, on both accounts.   I may just transfer my VHS tape

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2012, 11:38:44 AM »

It's about time to head uptown. No word from the repairmen.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matthew

« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2012, 11:39:39 AM »

I'm close to breaking one of my personal rules... don't quit your job unless you have another to go to.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2012, 11:39:50 AM »

Good morning all!

Well, I head from Angie at Angie's list.  She said they are having a problem finding folks to donate to my cause.  I asked a about Lowes and she said that they declined to help.  Boo on Lowes.  Maybe if someone needs to post something on their Facebook page they might change their mind.

No much else going on.  Had another laugh at work yesterday if I told you about you would shake your head in wonder.

Vibes to all who need them.   Lest we forget, today is 9-11.  My thoughts and prayers go out to all who lost someone on this date, be it 2 legged or 4.

Have a wonder filled day.

What is wrong with people?.  Or rather what is wrong with big companies, not being willing to help?  I don't understand.  But Danise, I still think you need to contact A C.  He felt your story was worth putting on his program.  I would think he would want to follow up.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up