Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: IT WAS THE BEST OF DAYS, IT WAS THE WORST OF DAYS, IT WAS THE OKAYIST OF DAYS  (Read 44561 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were the best, worst, and okayist, and now it is time for you to post until the best, worst, and okayist of cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?

And the word of the day is: STRAVAGE!

Ben

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

We watched Gilda on Saturday. Having never seen it, I must say I was impressed. Miss Hayworth was great and both her numbers were dynamite. I didn't expect the ending.

Spoiler Alert.

I thought one of them (Glen or Rita) would end up sleeping with the fishes (metaphorically).

Ben

Last night we watched an AWFUL (IMHO) Doris Day movie I had never heard of called Caprice. The leading man was Richard Harris.

It was a spy spoof done in 1967. Her rat bastard husband, Marty Melcher was one of the producers. He must have owed somebody a favor. Boy, was it bad. It wasn't even funny bad or campy bad, it was just bad. I'm not surprised I never heard of it.

Drew Casper was in one of the talking heads section calling it an under appreciated movie. What a pile of bull. It's a bad movie.

Ben

The weather yesterday was gorgeous and it's supposed to be the same today.

Oatmeal, walnuts, a plum and cinnamon. And a cuppa coffee.

Bye for now.

Danise

Good morning all!

Well, I head from Angie at Angie's list.  She said they are having a problem finding folks to donate to my cause.  I asked a about Lowes and she said that they declined to help.  Boo on Lowes.  Maybe if someone needs to post something on their Facebook page they might change their mind.

No much else going on.  Had another laugh at work yesterday if I told you about you would shake your head in wonder.

Vibes to all who need them.   Lest we forget, today is 9-11.  My thoughts and prayers go out to all who lost someone on this date, be it 2 legged or 4.

Have a wonder filled day.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

ChasSmith

Good morning, all.

Up too early, and it goes without saying:  coffee!

May it be a GOOD day for all.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

Good morning, all! Eleven years ago today, I was sitting in London's Henry Wood Hall, working on a recording of Victor Herbert's LADY OF THE SLIPPER with a great cast and chorus, the London Sinfonietta, and an insane conductor. When Maestro McGlinn got too irritable, to egocentric, George Dvorsky and Hugh Panaro, our leading men, went up to the manager's office to kill the time peacefully watching television. They shortly came down to report that a plane had hit the World Trade Center. Since McGlinn was raging at everyone, I decided to follow them back upstairs and watch the events.  For all I knoew, some small aircraft had lost control and hit the building. I had no idea it was the end of an era.

I wasn't in Manhattan, but I imagine the day was a beautiful one, similar to today. I will shortly head down to Toyland. I hope I hear today about this crew showing up. I'm out Thursday, and I would like it it finished by Monday.

Also, no word on my apartment AC either. Frustration!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

I am feeling under the weather, and perhaps it's thechange in the weather? When I went to bed, I thought I was getting sick and I slept poorly. I feel better now but I'm treading cautiously.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: IT WAS THE BEST OF DAYS, IT WAS THE WORST OF DAYS, IT WAS THE OKAYIST OF DAY
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 05:58:21 AM »

As I'm preparing to head out for Toyland, the roster of Trade Center victims began. They just mentioned my friend Myra Aronson, who lived in Boston, not Manhattan. She was a passenger on the first plane that hit the Trade Center. Myra was a Miami University student who lived for years with my college friend Matthew. When they broke up, Matthew moved to Brooklyn and I don't see him often enough. He was the principal heir in Myra's will. She was a good lady.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: IT WAS THE BEST OF DAYS, IT WAS THE WORST OF DAYS, IT WAS THE OKAYIST OF DAYS
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 06:10:20 AM »

Feel better vibes for DR ELMORE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
Re: IT WAS THE BEST OF DAYS, IT WAS THE WORST OF DAYS, IT WAS THE OKAYIST OF DAYS
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 06:10:52 AM »

TOD:

Out of the Past
Johnny Eager
Laura

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 06:42:06 AM »

Good morning, all.

Feel better vibes for Elmore and all.

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 06:42:15 AM »

And the word of the day is: STRAVAGE!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  WAND'RIN' STAR

Kerry

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 06:44:52 AM »

Hiya Folks!
I like boat races.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2012, 06:45:10 AM »

TOD:

Road House (the one with Ida Lupino)
DOA
Out of the Past
Gun Happy
The Big Sleep
The Killers
Kiss Me Deadly
Just about anything with Richard Widmark, Bogart, Ida Lupino, William O'Brien, a crazed Raymond Burr, all of 'em.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 06:56:59 AM »

TOD:

OUT OF THE PAST
THE KILLERS
CROSSFIRE
THE ASPHALT JUNGLE
ACT OF VIOLENCE
THE NARROW MARGIN
You can dream…or you can do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 06:58:53 AM »

DR BEN I am running the SPYBOT from the link you gave me a couple of weeks ago to get rid of Text Enhance!  My fingers are crossed that it will work.  Thanks.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2012, 07:05:50 AM »

Always Remember. Never Forget.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 07:06:38 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I really should have slept in another hour or so before heading to the airport. But I'm here.
Make Your Own Luck.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2012, 07:11:40 AM »

Film Noir

I Ask My Fellow Friends On This Here Site To Help Me Name The Movie That Had The Following Plot. Two Men Fight. One Is Supposedly Killed. The Other man Is Tried For The Crime And Found Guilty. He Serves Time And Is Finally Released. He Finds Out That The Man He Supposedly Killed Is Still Alive. So He Pursues Him And Kills Him. He Can Not be Tried Again For The Same Crime,

Any Ideas?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2012, 07:11:54 AM »

Because Fall SETC is scheduled for the week after Labor Day, I usually end up flying around the anniversary of 9/11, or, like today, right on it. In fact, I was in the air from DCA to MCO on the One Year Anniversary.

It still feels a little strange to be flying on a day like this. However, there's also a sense of resiliency and maybe even courage knowing that life has continued to go on, and that in some respects, it's business as usual at the airports.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2012, 07:17:54 AM »

In other news...

I will never order the HOT Chicken again from Holeman & Finch.

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2012, 07:18:40 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  As I was 11 years ago today, I'll be in Dayton most of today.  Noontime meeting with the grantwriters, then coffee with one of my favorite former co-workers.  Sue and I were together in telephone reference when news of the first plane came across the wires, so it seems fitting to spend some time together today.  She retired earlier this summer.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2012, 07:19:07 AM »

Travel vibes to DR Jose...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2012, 07:19:21 AM »

DR Danise - I really hope everything works out for you.
Make Your Own Luck.

ChasSmith

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2012, 07:26:29 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  As I was 11 years ago today,

I'm a little groggy from grabbing an extra bit of sleep, and read that as "I was 11 years old today..."

Laura

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2012, 07:35:29 AM »

I was riding a bus to the county courthouse when I noticed that the flags were flying half-staff at the Army reserve. I watched the events the rest of the morning on the jury assembly room television.

Laura

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2012, 07:36:07 AM »

I don't know about the movie, Arnold Brockman. But you've come to the right place! I'm sure someone here will know the answer.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up