Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: IT WAS THE BEST OF DAYS, IT WAS THE WORST OF DAYS, IT WAS THE OKAYIST OF DAYS  (Read 44555 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: IT WAS THE BEST OF DAYS, IT WAS THE WORST OF DAYS, IT WAS THE OKAYIST OF DAYS
« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2012, 01:26:11 PM »

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
Re: IT WAS THE BEST OF DAYS, IT WAS THE WORST OF DAYS, IT WAS THE OKAYIST OF DAYS
« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2012, 01:26:23 PM »

Page Four Surprised Dance.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2012, 01:31:14 PM »

Off to Family Night for SEE HOW THEY RUN.

Here is the photo album from the local paper for the show.....many duplicate photos.

http://www.bannergraphic.com/gallery/12949

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2012, 01:40:23 PM »

Yes, two versions of The Glamorous Life - the show version and the film version - completely different.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2012, 01:41:07 PM »

Back from an omelet and a bagel.  Packages haven't arrived yet.  Also went to Staples and got more paper and ink - good coupons this week, plus my Rewards coupons - I saved sixty bucks.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2012, 01:51:02 PM »

And speaking of that Company documentary...

I've posted this before, but...

I still remember watching this when it originally aired, and how none of my brothers understood it, nor exactly what I was laughing at...

The Making of the Cast album for "Housewives"

That is hysterically funny. I love how one of the women is wearing a "Company" shirt.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Doug R

« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2012, 02:05:18 PM »

TOD:

THE ASPHALT JUNGLE
DOUBLE INDEMNITY
THE BIG SLEEP

Ginny

« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2012, 02:16:03 PM »

Back from the grantwriters' lunch and coffee with Sue at Starbucks.  She's been to London twice since I retired, so we had a lot to talk about.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Doug R

« Reply #100 on: September 11, 2012, 02:37:46 PM »

Back from the regular Tuesday night drinks and meal. This time I had roast beef with roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, green beans, carrots and Yorkshire pudding - which was rather filling.

MBarnum

« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2012, 02:41:43 PM »

DR Danise I agree with DR TCB. Contact the AC show.

DR Danise - I went ahead and Twitter'd @Anderson and @AndersonCooper as well as cc:'d @AngiesList. You never know who just might be checking their social media accounts.

I wish I could read what you Twittered.

BAD WORD ALERT!!

One of the TV newscasters here thought the past tense of that action was "twat."

Oh my...oh, my, my, my! LOL!

MBarnum

« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2012, 02:51:01 PM »

TOD:

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #103 on: September 11, 2012, 02:52:26 PM »

DR Danise I agree with DR TCB. Contact the AC show.

DR Danise - I went ahead and Twitter'd @Anderson and @AndersonCooper as well as cc:'d @AngiesList. You never know who just might be checking their social media accounts.

I wish I could read what you Twittered.

BAD WORD ALERT!!

One of the TV newscasters here thought the past tense of that action was "twat."

Kathy Griffin frequently uses the term "twatted." ::)

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

« Reply #104 on: September 11, 2012, 02:53:40 PM »

Gotta love those posters, MBarnum. Thanks.
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2012, 02:53:57 PM »

And also on the topic of film noir, I was at Value Village Thrift store last weekend and found this DVD double feature for a couple of dollars.

I had not seen either of these films before, but I sure did enjoy them!

Ricardo Montalban was so dreamy!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: September 11, 2012, 02:57:00 PM »

TOD:

Bill Elliott?
Keith Larsen? 
Helene Stanley?

My gosh, this cast list reads like a Who's Who of community theater!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

John G.

« Reply #108 on: September 11, 2012, 02:57:13 PM »

Thrill crazy! Kill crazy!
― Voltaire

MBarnum

« Reply #109 on: September 11, 2012, 03:02:27 PM »

I have yet to see GUN CRAZY (although some of my brothers could fit that description). Barry Kroeger always gives me the willies.

ChasSmith

« Reply #110 on: September 11, 2012, 03:06:16 PM »

Those are fantastic, DR MBarnum.

TOD:  Every title everyone else posts, and then some.  Sorry, lazy today.  But this is one question that never fails to paralyze my mind.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #111 on: September 11, 2012, 03:16:24 PM »

And...

I got my two boxes packed up, taped up, labeled and shipped via UPS down to my brother's place in Fairfax, VA. I had originally planned to take care of that stuff in the morning, but when I checked the UPS for shipping estimates, I noticed that's it's no longer automatically one day shipping via ground from NYC to Fairfax. -It just goes from one hub to another (NYC to Dulles). So, I bought two boxes and get them prepped, packed and shipped.

Which means that I can take it easy tomorrow morning before I head to JFK to fly down to IAD. I'll most likely end up at City Bakery for breakfast - especially since I brought back some Made In Atlanta Chocolates for the owner, Maury Rubin. It's become sort of a tradition: I bring him back chocolates from the cities I visit. In turn, he gives a wonderful pat on my hands and free food. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #112 on: September 11, 2012, 03:17:52 PM »

And...

I got my two boxes packed up, taped up, labeled and shipped via UPS down to my brother's place in Fairfax, VA. I had originally planned to take care of that stuff in the morning, but when I checked the UPS for shipping estimates, I noticed that's it's no longer automatically one day shipping via ground from NYC to Fairfax. -It just goes from one hub to another (NYC to Dulles). So, I bought two boxes and get them prepped, packed and shipped.

Which means that I can take it easy tomorrow morning before I head to JFK to fly down to IAD. I'll most likely end up at City Bakery for breakfast - especially since I brought back some Made In Atlanta Chocolates for the owner, Maury Rubin. It's become sort of a tradition: I bring him back chocolates from the cities I visit. In turn, he gives a wonderful pat on my hands and free food. :)

Pat on your hands???

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #113 on: September 11, 2012, 03:19:41 PM »

I was hoping to see my friend, Brendan, tonight or tomorrow before I left. Alas, he's stuck out in Vegas taking care of some stuff for his new job. He just got hired by Hawaiian Airlines, and he starts training out in Honolulu in two weeks. He thought that if he did get hired, he wouldn't be starting until sometime in January based on their past hiring cycles, but... Surprise! I'm very happy for him especially since his current airline, Colgan - which was a regional carrier for United/Continental - officially closed up shop last Monday. I was hoping to see him to give him a great big hug before he heads west. I'm gonna miss him. He's been a great friend.

*At least now I can get buddy passes to Honolulu. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #114 on: September 11, 2012, 03:20:27 PM »

And...

Pat on your hands???

Instead of shaking hands, he pats your hands with his. He said it was some sort of Jewish thing. -And who am I to question a baker who gives me free food and such? ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #115 on: September 11, 2012, 03:22:36 PM »

And speaking of that Company documentary...

I've posted this before, but...

I still remember watching this when it originally aired, and how none of my brothers understood it, nor exactly what I was laughing at...

The Making of the Cast album for "Housewives"

That is hysterically funny. I love how one of the women is wearing a "Company" shirt.

I'm glad you liked it, DR John G.

I still remember thinking when it originally aired, "Who the hell is gonna get the true "in" joke in this short film?" And it's obvious that Chris Elliott has a fondness for the original source material. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #116 on: September 11, 2012, 03:23:12 PM »

And speaking of Elaine Stritch and David Letterman...

There's THIS.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2012, 03:24:51 PM »

And now I need to get ready to head down to 54 Below for tonight's concert by Jason Robert Brown.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: September 11, 2012, 03:43:56 PM »

I was hoping to see my friend, Brendan, tonight or tomorrow before I left. Alas, he's stuck out in Vegas taking care of some stuff for his new job. He just got hired by Hawaiian Airlines, and he starts training out in Honolulu in two weeks. He thought that if he did get hired, he wouldn't be starting until sometime in January based on their past hiring cycles, but... Surprise! I'm very happy for him especially since his current airline, Colgan - which was a regional carrier for United/Continental - officially closed up shop last Monday. I was hoping to see him to give him a great big hug before he heads west. I'm gonna miss him. He's been a great friend.

Is that the airline that used the slogan, "Colgan take me away!"  That could be why they went out of business.  LOL!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #119 on: September 11, 2012, 04:03:57 PM »

I'm close to breaking one of my personal rules... don't quit your job unless you have another to go to.

Hang in there DR Matthew!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up