!!!!!PAGE FIVE!!!!!

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: TGIS
« Reply #121 on: September 15, 2012, 07:41:45 PM »

I'm back from dinner and a loverly visit with my actor friend Alex

And I just learned that my friend Rob Berman just won an Emmy!

Yeah! Congrats to Rob!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2012, 07:44:17 PM »

Jose, you should have very nice weather in Seattle next week.  It is supposed to be between 70 and 80 degrees all week, with no rain expected.

:)

In fact, it even looks like the weather will be nice when I'm in Portland... And San Francisco... And Chicago. -At least if the long range forecasts stay as forecast. Or something like that. ???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #123 on: September 15, 2012, 07:46:08 PM »

I also called my Auntie Ronnie who lives here in Boston - well, in Brookline...

My mom had called her a couple of weeks ago to tell her that I was coming up to Boston for a weekend. I know I probably should have called her before I came up, but, well... ??? So...

When I called her earlier, I asked if "Ronnie" was there. Well... Apparently, I should have asked if "Auntie Ronnie" was there.  Hmmm... In any case...

She called me back a few minutes later after checking with her husband, Uncle Bruce, and we're going to meet for brunch tomorrow before they head to their house on Gloucester for a few days.

Now I'm just trying to figure out if I should pick a place to eat - she said we could eat wherever - or leave it up to her and Uncle Bruce.

Spoo.

I'd have a place picked out but give them a chance to pick first.  If your aunt says again that it doesn't matter you'll have a suggestion ready to go and not have to worry that you stepped on any toes.

My friend I had dinner with tonight helped me come up with a list of places. I should be prepared now.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #124 on: September 15, 2012, 08:20:33 PM »

I don't think I ever mentioned a little item I got on eBay cheap - a 35mm black-and-white MOS screen test for the Paramount version of Harlow - with Leslie Parrish testing.  there's another actress' test on there, too, but I have to have these transferred to see who it is.

Congrats, BK! 

So...what's an MOS?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #125 on: September 15, 2012, 08:20:42 PM »

I'm back from dinner and a loverly visit with my actor friend Alex

And I just learned that my friend Rob Berman just won an Emmy!

Congrats to Rob Berman!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #126 on: September 15, 2012, 08:26:25 PM »

I wanted to post this plateau of BK's yesterday when I was at work (when it happened), but for some reason, Photobucket wouldn't upload it at all.  I kept getting an error message with no explanation. 

Anyway, what's pretty cool is that this is his 66666th post and if he has posted only one second earlier, it would've been posted at 05:55:55!  Finally, I was able to upload it today and here it is:

:D

Laura

« Reply #127 on: September 15, 2012, 09:01:41 PM »

I had a very busy day. First I got up early and went to the arboretum for the annual butterfly count. Then we all went to the nearby very small town and had lunch at a Mexican restaurant. They were having a sidewalk festival of some kind and the place was really slammed, so it took a really long time. I made the 1.5 hour drive home and started making stuffed shells for my son's birthday dinner. Afterwards he and I went to IKEA and he got a stand for his big screen tv and I made a complicated exchange.

Laura

« Reply #128 on: September 15, 2012, 09:03:24 PM »

I still haven't looked to see if any of my photos turned out.

MBarnum

« Reply #129 on: September 15, 2012, 10:02:27 PM »

I don't think I ever mentioned a little item I got on eBay cheap - a 35mm black-and-white MOS screen test for the Paramount version of Harlow - with Leslie Parrish testing.  there's another actress' test on there, too, but I have to have these transferred to see who it is.

How did Leslie do in her screen test. I think she might have made a rather good Harlow.

MBarnum

« Reply #130 on: September 15, 2012, 10:03:30 PM »

MBarnum is busy carrying on conversations with himself on Facebook. 

And why didn't you join in?

MBarnum

« Reply #131 on: September 15, 2012, 10:18:18 PM »

I finished a very enjoyable, if campy, Bollywood Tarzan film titled JUNGLE LOVE (1990) starring Rocky, Kirti Singh and Disco Shanti.

Poor Disco gets eaten by a giant spider.

Quite an enjoyable film, and Tarzan learned to speak Hindi in an amazingly quick rate of time which of course helped the plot move along just that much easier.

I have about a dozen more Hindi Tarzan films to get through...and they look like great fun! Perhaps you'd like to join me.

Here are a few samples:

MBarnum

« Reply #132 on: September 15, 2012, 10:31:08 PM »

Just to get the post totals up, here is my favorite studio potrait of my friend and interviewee actor jeffrey Stone who passed away last month. He had a wonderful lot of stories to tell, but I suspect he had a slight problem with sex addiction...though I don't think he felt it was a bad thing  ;)

His novel and his autobiography can both be found on Amazon.com if you are interested.

George

« Reply #133 on: September 16, 2012, 01:52:34 AM »

A lull.

;)

George

« Reply #134 on: September 16, 2012, 02:01:05 AM »

I haven't left my house at all today.  I've been burning DVDs to clear off my DVRs and DVD burners.  When I got to bed, I'll set my upstairs DVD burner to record the first chunk of last Thursday's tribute to Mack Sennett (it's the second of four nights) to my DVD burner.  I could only record about two hours at a time, but I was able to get the whole evening. :)

George

« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2012, 02:05:53 AM »

On my downstairs DVD burner, I'm finally burning a couple of DVDs of all the "America's Got Talent" clips that I've recorded...the earliest is from 2008!  I don't have everything, just guest performers and contestants that I liked.  It all only adds up to about two-and-a-half hours.

George

« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2012, 02:16:06 AM »

And now, I'm going to bed.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2012, 02:40:38 AM »

Wow, that's quite a milestone or a millstone.  Back from The Faculty about which more later.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up