Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: TICKLING MY FANCY  (Read 27239 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:TICKLING MY FANCY
« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2004, 08:44:04 PM »

Good Evening!

Whew!

I'm just taking a breather from my packing.  I actually have all my clothes laid out, so that's good.  But there is a load of two of laundry I want to get done before heading up north.  And then I still have to make sure I have all my necessaries with me - bills, credit cards, mail, good luck charms, stuffed animals, sheet music, etc.  So... I'm thinking I will just keep going here until about 1:30-2:00, then take a nap.  And then I'll head up to Fairfax around 5:00-5:30, take another nap when I get to my parents' house.  Then head to Dulles at 9:30 for my 11:30 flight out to Los Angeles!  Well, Long Beach, but you get the point.

So...  Thanks for all of your Good Wished and Good Vibes!  I couldn't have done it without you.  Truly.  Well, the phone call from BK also helped too. ;)

Back to packing...

*I just saw on the news that there were up to 65,000 people without power in Richmond as a result of this afternoon's storms, and that there are still 24,000 still without power at this hour.  I'm considering myself very lucky/fortunate right now.  I can't imagine having to get ready and pack in the dark - there are people just a half mile from me who lost their power for about six hours.  Whew!

Laters....

*Oh, DR MBarnum and Matt H. - You have mail/private message from me.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2004, 08:49:07 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]PAGE FIVE DANCE!!![/move][move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]!!!PAGE FIVE DANCE[/move]
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2004, 08:52:04 PM »

...I was only in London once...and would love to go back!  We saw LETTICE & LOVAGE...
Interesting!  Der B and I saw Lettice and Lovage during previews, the same trip that we saw Sir Alec in A Walk in the Woods and Sir Ian in Henceforward.  Which puts us both in London at about the same time!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2004, 08:57:09 PM »

I'm watching Show Biz Mom and Dad's...this show is kinda scary.  $500 on a dress for a 4 year old??  I wouldn't spent that much on a wedding dress for me (yes, I know, I'm cheap)  

Not much else to say...soon I will go to the gym and pay my dues.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #124 on: July 07, 2004, 08:59:48 PM »

Oh yes - Congrats to DR Jose on the gig in LA!  I hope you have a pleasant and safe journey over here to the west coast.  

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #125 on: July 07, 2004, 09:00:03 PM »

Yes, DRs, by this time tomorrow I will be in the City of Angels.  Thank You, BK!!!  Needless to say, I'm excited, and I'm sure once BK is able to share all the details about the project all you DRs will be (even more) excited!
VERY excited for you and BK, Jose!  I love how this project is involving our family!

If you get a chance to get down to the Crest in Long Beach, say "Hi" to Tedbear from der Brucer and myself!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #126 on: July 07, 2004, 09:03:40 PM »

The land of the great unwashed - Our hot water tank decided to end its days late yesterday with floods of hot water to wash the floor. Just what we don't need now (I know who does?) is more expense as we prepare for out next trip to Europe. Our clothes drier also has turned up its toes and there is not enough sunshine at this time for "natural" drying here. Time to remind ourselves that there are far worse problems.
Thought I should post something - other than the fact that I am listening to Aretha Franklin telling me that I'm all she needs to get by.
Oh, how my heart goes out to you!  The only thing worse (well, comparatively, considering) would be to return home to find the hot water heater had burst while you were gone!  (My family had that happen once while I was growing up.  My mother was so steamed we hardly noticed the lack of hot water.)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #127 on: July 07, 2004, 09:06:52 PM »

So yeah, here's a question for all the DR's...has anyone ever had a really vivid dream that ended up coming true??
No, most of my dreams are firmly rooted in the past.  They're vivid, and highly topsy-turvey, but past-bound.  (I have yet to have a dream that takes place here in Rehoboth, for instance.  I'm actually looking forward to that happening, since that will mean I really believe that this is my home.   :D)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #128 on: July 07, 2004, 09:09:00 PM »

So what are everybody's favorite ice cream flavors?
I'm not that big of an ice cream fan.  I made an apple sorbet once, which was tasty.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #129 on: July 07, 2004, 09:11:27 PM »

Okay, my friends.

Here is a lovely photo....may we have some captions, please?  ::)

"Have you ever tried Clearasol?"

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #130 on: July 07, 2004, 09:16:45 PM »

...Then head to Dulles at 9:30 for my 11:30 flight out to Los Angeles!  Well, Long Beach, but you get the point.
Long Beach Airport is SO much better to handle than LAX.  The lines are shorter, the hassles are less hassley, the people are nicer.  Give me a smaller airport any day over one of the majors.  But by the time you read this, you'll have already landed and know all of this.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #131 on: July 07, 2004, 09:20:54 PM »

Crest    

5935 Cherry Ave
Long Beach, CA 90805-4443
Phone: (562) 423-6650  

South of the 91 freeway, just north of South Street on Cherry.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #132 on: July 07, 2004, 09:21:44 PM »

All right, I've done my frenzy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #133 on: July 07, 2004, 09:22:19 PM »

Are we there yet?

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #134 on: July 07, 2004, 09:22:29 PM »

Jose - Once in Toronto, I was getting ready for some big trip or other. Left packing to the last minute... You guessed it - the power went. It's much harder to pack in the dark than one would think!

Panni

« Reply #135 on: July 07, 2004, 09:26:46 PM »

My fave is Burbank airport - used in Casablanca. Not only is it close to my home environment, but it's about as pleasant and easy as an airport in a major city can be.

Panni

« Reply #136 on: July 07, 2004, 09:30:04 PM »

That picture creeps me out! No more! PLEEZE!

Tomovoz

« Reply #137 on: July 07, 2004, 09:35:03 PM »

Thank you your frenzy SWoody. We can now relax.
Thanks also for your "sympathy". New tank just delivered. Delivery man did not have a big enough trolley for the tank! We did. You do wonder sometimes. Plumber is now here as well. Hope to be clean again by the weekend. Sorry if the next day's posts are smutty.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jennifer

« Reply #138 on: July 07, 2004, 09:41:03 PM »

I am sleepy!

Wow, DR Ann what a great dream.  DR Jane are you going to analyze it for her?

Jennifer

« Reply #139 on: July 07, 2004, 09:42:09 PM »

Good travelling vibes for DR Jose ~~~~~~~.

So where will you be staying?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #140 on: July 07, 2004, 09:51:42 PM »

Sorry to creep you out DRPANNI!   :P

I am watching MERRY ANDREW and I like it.   Interesting that Sylvia Fine didn't write or at least receive screen credit for any of the songs.  The dances by Kidd are of course outstanding, and it's always fun to see Tommy Rall!

I haven't seen THE DOLLY SISTERS in a long time....

So much excitement at HHW!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #141 on: July 07, 2004, 09:52:46 PM »

Did anyone else watched Lobster Day on the food channel last week?

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM........

DRJENNIFER did you try grilling your tomatoes?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #142 on: July 07, 2004, 09:55:18 PM »

Oh tonight on the Game Show Network, should be the November 14, 1965, broadcast - the first What's My Line after the death of Dorothy Kilgallen.  I remember it as a very solemn affair....the panel didn't march in, but were seated at the beginning of the show, and at the end, each panelist said a few words about Dorothy.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: July 07, 2004, 10:05:55 PM »

I don't know if anyone will be excited, but I hope this comes together and ends up being something fun and interesting.  We shall see.  We'll be flying by the seat of our pants, that is for certain.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #144 on: July 07, 2004, 10:08:27 PM »

Almost done packing... just one more load of laundry in the dryer!

Whew!

Now, as long as I just don't get too picky about my paperwork and stuff...

Thanks for the Good Travel Vibes!
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #145 on: July 07, 2004, 10:10:11 PM »

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/death4.htm

Next a guessing game for those of us of a certain age....

Tomovoz

« Reply #146 on: July 07, 2004, 10:10:15 PM »

Already I feel positive about the new project BK - I suspect it was meant to happen. The best of positive vibes are on their way from Oz.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #147 on: July 07, 2004, 10:12:21 PM »

I don't know if anyone will be excited, but I hope this comes together and ends up being something fun and interesting.  We shall see.  We'll be flying by the seat of our pants, that is for certain.

Again, to quote Little Red from Into the Woods: Excited and scared.

I'm sure it will be fun.

It will most definitely be interesting.

As for flying by the seat of our pants...  Well, I've packed five pairs of pants/jeans and plenty of underwear, so...

*I also realized that if there is something major I've forgotten, I should have the time to fly back and forth once the show opens, so...

Breathe, Jojo.  Breathe.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #148 on: July 07, 2004, 10:16:24 PM »

Dorothy Kilgallen died sometime in the early hours of November 8, 1965.

A time-stamped telegram (3:36 a.m.) arrived on producer Mark Goodson's desk on Tuesday.  It read:

"I know how distressed you are at Dorothy Kilgallen's passing and all in show business share your sorrow.  She is irreplaceable but perhaps I could bring to the 'What's My Line' panel promotional and entertainment values that would be almost as effective. Could we chat about it?  May I telephone for an appointment?"  Goodson gave the telegram to Gil Fates and told him:  "When she calls, tell her it's a bit early to be discussing this."

WHO SENT THE TELEGRAM?  I was surprised and shocked to learn the identity of it's writer.  :P

Panni

« Reply #149 on: July 07, 2004, 10:29:58 PM »

WHO???
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up