Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: TEAL AND ORANGE  (Read 41589 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: TEAL AND ORANGE
« Reply #150 on: September 19, 2012, 05:41:33 PM »

DR Elmore's birthday treat was calling me on the telephone today. I haven't chatted with Elmore in forever, and it was wonderful to here his cantankerous voice again. I let him abuse and insult me for almost 30 minutes, and now he feels much better about being older than dirt.

Love you Larry!  ;D

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Pig.

And that's why we love you. :D

:-*
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #151 on: September 19, 2012, 05:47:43 PM »

Well, I  must be off.  I'm going to the usher training at the Washington Center for the Performing Arts.  We're supposed to get refreshed every couple of years.  In the 15+ years that I've been ushering there, I've gone just once...and that was only about seven or eight years ago.  I learned "on the job."  But now, they want things a little more official, so I'll officially go through the training again.

Be back later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #152 on: September 19, 2012, 06:03:18 PM »

All the political calls I get are recorded. Easy to hang up on those.

Now, surveys are another matter...I am more than happy to take the time to take a survey.
I wish I knew you when I worked for the survey research center in Kentucky. We had to make sure so many people filled out the survey and sometimes the survey took 45 minutes on such scintillating topics as acid rain.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #153 on: September 19, 2012, 06:04:09 PM »

Well, I  must be off.  I'm going to the usher training at the Washington Center for the Performing Arts.  We're supposed to get refreshed every couple of years.  In the 15+ years that I've been ushering there, I've gone just once...and that was only about seven or eight years ago.  I learned "on the job."  But now, they want things a little more official, so I'll officially go through the training again.

Be back later!
You have to learn how to ration programs, treat customers rudely and show them to the wrong seats? Oh, those are the ushers here in San Antonio.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #154 on: September 19, 2012, 06:04:48 PM »

Half the time when I take a survey they ask a question I refuse to answer, or even worse, they suddenly discover I don't fit the category & don't need my responses anymore. 

John G.

« Reply #155 on: September 19, 2012, 06:06:00 PM »

DR Elmore's birthday treat was calling me on the telephone today. I haven't chatted with Elmore in forever, and it was wonderful to here his cantankerous voice again. I let him abuse and insult me for almost 30 minutes, and now he feels much better about being older than dirt.

Love you Larry!  ;D

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Pig.
Wonderful. Both of you.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #156 on: September 19, 2012, 06:06:18 PM »

DakotaCelt, that was a beautiful piece.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #157 on: September 19, 2012, 06:11:22 PM »

Half the time when I take a survey they ask a question I refuse to answer, or even worse, they suddenly discover I don't fit the category & don't need my responses anymore. 
I think surveys have changed so much now that people can fill them out online.

We would also travel the state and do surveys on a grand scale. One was to interview every single child who was a ward of the state. Some were hardened criminals, others were mentally disabled and could barely hold their head up, much less answer a survey on the conditions they were living in. One of the juvenile delinquents wanted to rape one of the women on my team. It was quite the eye-opener.
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #158 on: September 19, 2012, 06:29:05 PM »

For lack of anything better to do, I have been wandering thru YouTube.com.  I came across the Finale from the film version of A CHORUS LINE.  That was probably, almost, the single saving grace of that film.  As i watched them perform, ONE, I started feeling really sorry for the cast of the film.  They probably thought that they truly made it in show business having been cast in the film verrsion of THE #1 MUSICAL.

How could they know at the time, that the film would turn out to be on of the biggest disasters since the sinking of the Andrea Doria?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Michael

« Reply #159 on: September 19, 2012, 06:34:58 PM »

Today I'm going to see THE BIRDS on the big screen, one of the TCM/Fathom satellite-delivered "events".  It will be my first of these (and, if things go poorly, my last).  But ya gotta experience one sometime.  And I wanted to take the opportunity to see the movie projected large and get a look at this 100th-anniversary "restoration".  Not at all sure how good my judgement will be on it, but I shall look and try to learn.

Is this the silent version of THE BIRDS?

It nearly started off that way!

Boy, I truly don't know what to think.  Haven't watched the film in a few years, so it was really fantastic seeing it on a big screen.  But the image quality was just weird.  I need to spot check some places on the latest DVD while it's fresh in my mind.

The movie is fill of opticals (rear projections, matte work, and multiple overlays (not sure of the technical term but adding a lot more birds than there realy were) and I am not sure how good it can look even with a "restoration"

The movie I really would like to see is Lawrence of Arabia, but they will not project it in 70mm as there are hardly any theaters left that have a screen that big.
Never stop dreaming.

Danise

« Reply #160 on: September 19, 2012, 06:38:21 PM »

A very, very, very happy birthday to DR Elmore!  May it be the best on yet but not the best one every, let that be yet to come!!!!!!

Hugs!!!!!!!!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Laura

« Reply #161 on: September 19, 2012, 06:39:40 PM »

I found several monarch caterpillars today. They are very tiny.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Danise

« Reply #162 on: September 19, 2012, 06:40:31 PM »

Good Day...

I did have a piece of fiber art that was installed, taken down, and reinstalled last week. It was part of the Knit Broadway project where people made sleeves for the light posts in downtown Fargo. Sadly, some miscreants marred this project by stealing or vandalizing some of the sleeves. It was sad to see this done to a someone's hard work.

Here is a closeup of the one i did:

My thesis is now up on Proquest in its disquisition database...

You did this, Dakota?  I am most impressed.

Yes, I did... Thank you!
Most impressive!!!!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #163 on: September 19, 2012, 06:49:19 PM »

Danise!   You have been missed!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #164 on: September 19, 2012, 06:49:40 PM »

I'm cooking rice.  Why do I hate cooking rice?

Jane

« Reply #165 on: September 19, 2012, 06:53:23 PM »

I think surveys have changed so much now that people can fill them out online.

We would also travel the state and do surveys on a grand scale. One was to interview every single child who was a ward of the state. Some were hardened criminals, others were mentally disabled and could barely hold their head up, much less answer a survey on the conditions they were living in. One of the juvenile delinquents wanted to rape one of the women on my team. It was quite the eye-opener.

:(

KevinH

« Reply #166 on: September 19, 2012, 06:53:55 PM »

Last night I went to see the wonderful Ramin Karimloo at the "Birchmere" (I imagine DR Jose is familiar with it) in Alexandria (Va.).   He did a very eclectic mix of songs --everything from bluegrass to gospel to country to rock to Broadway. He also played the electric banjo and guitar.  I had read that he hasn't been performing the song I first heard him sing, "Till I Hear You Sing," from Love Never Dies, so I knew not to expect it.   I do prefer his singing of Broadway songs to other types, and he was great on "Bring Him Home" and "Music of the Night."  He also sang a song from Ragtime, which I didn't really know, but enjoyed.   

Here's what he didn't sing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHKT6xU1Mrc

I prefer this version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi0OS3nbe98&feature=related

I like both!

Jane

« Reply #167 on: September 19, 2012, 06:53:56 PM »

'night

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: September 19, 2012, 07:00:45 PM »

Good work session with Juliana.  Now on my way to comp some teal and orange vocals.

Ginny

« Reply #169 on: September 19, 2012, 07:21:28 PM »

After a good meeting with the volunteer administrators, I took myself to lunch at Chipotle and then did errands at Barnes & Noble, the Miami Township Branch of Dayton Metro Library, Starbucks, and Dorothy Lane Market.  Our wireless was acting up, so Richard had us offline for a while and now it seems to be fine.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #170 on: September 19, 2012, 07:22:30 PM »

Danise!   You have been missed!
Yes, you have.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #171 on: September 19, 2012, 07:24:31 PM »

I'm cooking rice.  Why do I hate cooking rice?
It's too late in the evening for existential questions. Ask in the morning. Maybe there will answer available then. 
― Voltaire

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #172 on: September 19, 2012, 07:31:04 PM »

Would love to see the soundtrack of Centennial released someday...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ginny

« Reply #173 on: September 19, 2012, 07:35:27 PM »

DR DakotaCelt, your artwork is fantastic!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #174 on: September 19, 2012, 07:48:12 PM »

DakotaCelt, that was a beautiful piece.

Thank you!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #175 on: September 19, 2012, 07:50:02 PM »

DR DakotaCelt, your artwork is fantastic!

Thank you!

John G.

« Reply #176 on: September 19, 2012, 07:54:29 PM »

Watching "Brief Encounter." It's been years since I've seen it. Love it.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #177 on: September 19, 2012, 08:14:33 PM »

I think I've had for the evening.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #178 on: September 19, 2012, 08:14:49 PM »

But not before pushing up to another page.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #179 on: September 19, 2012, 08:14:59 PM »

One  more.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up