Archives > Archive 23

WHAT CARE I FOR TINSEL AND GLAMOR?

(1/44) > >>

bk:
Well, you've read the notes, the notes had tinsel and glamor, even though I didn't care, and now it is time for you to post until the tinsel and glamor cows come home.

bk:
And the word of the day is: HUSTINGS!

George:
I've been home for a while, but last night, I ushered for a concert by The Manhattan Transfer at the Washington Center for the Performing Arts, here in Olympia!  They were fantastic (as usual)!  They performed some songs that they haven't done in a while, a few of their regulars and a couple of their newer songs.  It was obvious that the audience loved them. :D

George:
After the show was the gala.  We ushers got to stay (if we wanted...and I wanted!) and I actually got to meet the members of The Manhattan Transfer!!  I'd met Cheryl (the soprano) a few years ago in a solo show that she did in Seattle, but I'd never met any of the others in person before.  I got to chat with Tim (the bass) and Cheryl, but not with Janis (the alto) and Paul (the tenor).

George:
I also got pictures!!  I got a picture taken of me with Janis and I got pictures of Cheryl (by herself) and another of Tim and Alan (who was also the original Teen Angel in Grease! on Broadway) with a woman named Gretchen, who was in The Fleetwoods.  I think that she lives in the area.  I also saw a couple of friends that I haven't seen in quite a while! 

However, I left my memory card reader at work, so I can't post the pictures, yet. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version