Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT CARE I FOR TINSEL AND GLAMOR?  (Read 46531 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: WHAT CARE I FOR TINSEL AND GLAMOR?
« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2012, 02:14:58 PM »

From DR Jose:
DR Jane - I am staying HERE.

Thanks. I don't think I've stayed there before. It looks like a good location.

I'm enjoying all the photos from yesterday.

Jane

« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2012, 02:15:31 PM »

Overall, I had a great time and it was a wonderful evening! ;D

:)

Jane

« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2012, 02:17:52 PM »

DR Jose seems not to have lost his mind schlepping around with DR MBarnum, who like the Indians selling the Island of Manhattan, can be diverted by shiney trinkets. I noticed the body builder on the magazine in the photo, Mikey!  Some things you can set your watch to.

I think it is great fun schlepping around Portland with DR MBarmun.  I know you just wish you were with them ;)
I admit, I could skip the body builder magazines-lol

Jane

« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2012, 02:23:10 PM »

DR Jose, the proud uncle of Grace....

Jane

« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2012, 02:23:59 PM »

Indeed, yesterday with Jose was lots of fun. And lots of food! Ate some dang good stuff in Portland....and Queen of Sheba Ethiopian restaurant is now among my all time favorite places!

Portland has many excellent places to eat :)

Jane

« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2012, 02:25:20 PM »

DR Doug thank you for the photos of Vienna.  I enjoyed them very much.

Jane

« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2012, 02:26:46 PM »

For DR Ginny!

This was the guacamole that the kitchen served up yesterday during the book signing, which went fairly well. I guess. I've never done one from behind the table. We sold more than 20 copies. And the guacamole was pretty terrific.

Looks good.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2012, 02:29:55 PM »

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2012, 02:32:18 PM »

Our church is a having an Oktoberfest next Saturday -  there will be a German dessert contest -  can any one suggest a German dessert I can make (other than Black forest cake?  There are already about 12  black forest cake entries)

Thanks!

What about a white forest cake?
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2012, 02:35:12 PM »

I got laden with swag yesterday. It was almost embarrassing. The first event, which I did not have to judge, came with a basket that featured an enamel cast-iron Dutch oven that must weigh more than 20 pounds. Wrapped up in it were a large bottle of Italian EVOO, Hatch green chile salsa, a bottle of wine, snickerdoodles and a jar of bacon jam.

The evening basket was from the margarita pour off. After eliminating four of the six finalists because they all tasted like bad margarita mix, they gave us each a bottle of margarita mix. Go figure. But the plastic bowl (not a Dutch oven) had caps, a T-shirt, a beer koozie, a pen, some Bud Light memorabilia, etc.

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2012, 02:37:20 PM »

Our church is a having an Oktoberfest next Saturday -  there will be a German dessert contest -  can any one suggest a German dessert I can make (other than Black forest cake?  There are already about 12  black forest cake entries)

Thanks!

What about a white forest cake?

That was kind of the version my mom makes. Hers is a three-layer white cake. You cut the layers in half and alternate fillings of whipped cream frosting and chopped brandy-soaked cherries. The whole cake is frosted on the outside with whipped cream frosting and a crown of whole brandy-soaked cherries on top. Chocolate shavings are then around the outside of the cake.

It has long been a favorite of mine and one I would request frequently for my birthday. 
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2012, 02:37:24 PM »

As for my VD selections:

Clockwise starting at 1:00:

Gay Bar (filled with Bavarian Cream) - Voodoo Doll (filled with Raspberry Jelly "blood") - Triple Chocolate Penetration (Chocolate Cake, Chocolate Frosting & Cocoa Puffs) - Mango Tango (filled with Mango Jelly, topped with Vanilla Frosting and Tang(!))

*For the record: two down, two to go.

The Gay Bar also has fruit loops on top!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2012, 02:42:48 PM »

...And I can't stop crying.

:)

Congratulations, Uncle Jojo!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2012, 02:44:11 PM »

I think it was me

Well... You could have always blamed me, DR Ginny.

Hey, leave me out of this - I don't like guacamole!

Ginny, I can't  believe you drove all the way to New York State for half a Subway sandwich!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2012, 02:45:01 PM »

Thanks to all for the comments....

DR TCB - I shall see about getting you a secret copy for the vaults.

;D
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2012, 02:47:15 PM »

For DR Ginny!

This was the guacamole that the kitchen served up yesterday during the book signing, which went fairly well. I guess. I've never done one from behind the table. We sold more than 20 copies. And the guacamole was pretty terrific.

Oh yum!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2012, 02:54:49 PM »

Well, today is Day Three of Kiimchigate.  After they snaked my kitchen drain on Friday, the manager found that instead of my sink filling up, it was now leaking into his bedroom ceiling.  He spent yesterday laboring down in his own apartment.  This morning he was back and tearing out my dishwasher.  And now, if he can't locate the leaking pipe, he will have to tear out all of my kitchen cabinets.

And I can't take a shower or run any water in the apartment.
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2012, 03:08:36 PM »

Y tu tambien DR ELMORE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

John G.

« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2012, 03:18:23 PM »

Well, today is Day Three of Kiimchigate.  After they snaked my kitchen drain on Friday, the manager found that instead of my sink filling up, it was now leaking into his bedroom ceiling.  He spent yesterday laboring down in his own apartment.  This morning he was back and tearing out my dishwasher.  And now, if he can't locate the leaking pipe, he will have to tear out all of my kitchen cabinets.

Yuck. I hope it gets fixed quickly.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #109 on: September 23, 2012, 03:22:57 PM »

Thanks!

Do you really have time for baking?

I would suggest a cake with an almond paste topping.  Unfortunately I don't have a recipe for one.  I do have a German friend I could ask for some kind of cake recipe if you like.

Jane

« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2012, 03:26:39 PM »

VIBES THIS IS SOON FIXED!! 

Jane

« Reply #111 on: September 23, 2012, 03:27:19 PM »

I got laden with swag yesterday. It was almost embarrassing. The first event, which I did not have to judge, came with a basket that featured an enamel cast-iron Dutch oven that must weigh more than 20 pounds. Wrapped up in it were a large bottle of Italian EVOO, Hatch green chile salsa, a bottle of wine, snickerdoodles and a jar of bacon jam.

The evening basket was from the margarita pour off. After eliminating four of the six finalists because they all tasted like bad margarita mix, they gave us each a bottle of margarita mix. Go figure. But the plastic bowl (not a Dutch oven) had caps, a T-shirt, a beer koozie, a pen, some Bud Light memorabilia, etc.

Very nice, and funny about the margarita mix.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #112 on: September 23, 2012, 03:29:00 PM »

~~~VIBES OF ALL KINDS FOR DR TCB!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #113 on: September 23, 2012, 03:30:24 PM »

Oh!!

So...

It looks like my cousin Kristine's baby, Ariston, will have a birthday of September 22,

And...

Both my niece, Alyssa, and my soon-to-be-arriving niece, Grace, will have the same birthday, September 23!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALYSSA!!

Congrats!  My sister's birthday is September 27...you know what they say about late September/early October birthdays, don't you?? 

They're New Year's Eve babies.

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #114 on: September 23, 2012, 03:32:31 PM »

Tonight are the Emmys. Anybody here gonna watch?

I am gonna start at 6pm with the E! Red Carpet. I love watching the Red Carpet.

I have to record it...and I won't be here this afternoon.  My cousin and his wife from Oregon are coming today up for a couple of days and I'm going to visit them at my sister's house.  I'm sure that we'll play Qwirkle or Phase 10.  We may watch the Emmys there, but I won't be able to be on-line here.

Jane

« Reply #115 on: September 23, 2012, 03:33:10 PM »

Oh!!

So...

It looks like my cousin Kristine's baby, Ariston, will have a birthday of September 22,

And...

Both my niece, Alyssa, and my soon-to-be-arriving niece, Grace, will have the same birthday, September 23!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALYSSA!!

Congrats!  My sister's birthday is September 27...you know what they say about late September/early October birthdays, don't you?? 

They're New Year's Eve babies.

;)

Today is my niece Lara's birthday and the 27th is Craig's.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: September 23, 2012, 03:34:54 PM »

Less than a half hour until Red Carpet Time
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #117 on: September 23, 2012, 03:34:57 PM »

Thanks!

Dampfnudeln with vanilla sauce.

My mom makes it (she's from Germany) and it's delicious!!  I would make a batch as a practice run before serving it to others, just so that you know what it's supposed to end up like.  The recipe that I linked to says to serve with a tart fruit compote, but we've never done that.  I don't think that I would want that...just the vanilla sauce, thanks. :D

George

« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2012, 03:37:00 PM »

I also got pictures!!  I got a picture taken of me with Janis and I got pictures of Cheryl (by herself) and another of Tim and Alan (who was also the original Teen Angel in Grease! on Broadway) with a woman named Gretchen, who was in The Fleetwoods.  I think that she lives in the area.  I also saw a couple of friends that I haven't seen in quite a while! 

However, I left my memory card reader at work, so I can't post the pictures, yet. :(

That's wonderful you got to meet them.  Looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Ditto!

The Manhattan Transfer is one group that I've always wanted to see live and in person, but somehow, I'm either busy when they're in town or something else comes up. However, I have seen almost all of them on solo outings, including original member, Laurel Massé - as DR George knows. ;)

Yes!  I still have her autograph that you got for me on your origami paper! :-*

George

« Reply #119 on: September 23, 2012, 03:37:13 PM »

Well, since we're so close...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up