Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: VISUAL STYLE  (Read 20356 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: VISUAL STYLE
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2012, 02:28:01 PM »

Three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2012, 02:39:26 PM »

Good morning from Montreal. I haven't seen leaves changing in a long time. I forgot how beautiful it was.

One day I would like to see Montreal in Autumn, or anytime of the year.

Jane

« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2012, 02:40:56 PM »

George is ushering "Something"

It was a benefit...and there were about 650 people in the audience.  They loved the show.  I listened to it in the lobby as I read my Kindle.  I'm reading the Complete Wizard of Oz Collection.  I'd never read any of them before, so it's very enlightening.  The movie is obviously based on the first one, "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz," but is very different...actually, the movie is very different than the original book.  The Wicked Witch of the West is referred to but doesn't actually appear until more than half way through.  But it's a quick read.  So far just last night, I'd read 14 of the 24 chapters.

Loved that series when I was a kid, especially the first book. And I was kinda bummed at the ending of the movie, because it wasn't just a dream. Even at 8 or 9, I knew that was a cop out.

Not a dream????   I never believed Dorothy really thought it was a dream.

I never read the book.

Jane

« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2012, 02:46:36 PM »

Good morning, all! I am sleeping poorly these days: my right shoulder joint is givng me a lot of pain and sleeping is difficilt because I am uncomfortable. I have no plans for today, so I slept in. If this discomfort continues, I'll call my doctor about going back to physical therapy.

If I can locate my heating pad, I'll apply it to my shoulder and see if that helps.

I hope the heat helps.  Have you done any of your stretches & exercises from PT at home?  I still do most of mine everyday.

My biggest problem with my shoulder at night, aside from the pain, is rolling over.  By the time I am able to safely sift into a more comfortable position I'm wide awake. 

Jane

« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2012, 02:51:51 PM »

DR KevinH I wish I could have been at the concert with you.

Jane

« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2012, 02:53:35 PM »

Found a couple of eggplants growing on my plant this afternoon.

LOL, I was trying very hard to figure out what I was looking at.   I thought it might be a, very blurry, black puppy with a purple collar on.

Jane

« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2012, 02:53:57 PM »

And a few photos of the white roses.

Lovely.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2012, 03:00:03 PM »

And the word of the day is: ASSOIL!

Umm...that's a real word??

;)

No, it's a lubricant.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2012, 03:02:23 PM »

It was a benefit...and there were about 650 people in the audience.  They loved the show.  I listened to it in the lobby as I read my Kindle.  I'm reading the Complete Wizard of Oz Collection.  I'd never read any of them before, so it's very enlightening.  The movie is obviously based on the first one, "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz," but is very different...actually, the movie is very different than the original book.  The Wicked Witch of the West is referred to but doesn't actually appear until more than half way through.  But it's a quick read.  So far just last night, I'd read 14 of the 24 chapters.

*****SPOILER ALERT*****

She melts.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2012, 03:04:50 PM »

So, DR TCB, would you have paid $55 to tour the Lucas Oil Stadium and eat hot dogs and nachos?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2012, 03:17:30 PM »

I'm here-- briefly.

HAD THE DONUTS!!!

And drove a lot.  Saw Westwood, and have much to post.  Much.  And I promise it will all happen when I'm ona real keyboard!  Much to report.  Much to discuss.

I need to get out here now and then.

Oh-- frickin street fair on Ventura, west of Van Nuys.  Rjght where a simple detour becomes a long detour.

More later!

Jane

« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2012, 03:18:08 PM »

To give HHW fair time with FB ;)

I posted this to my friend that makes cupcakes.  She needs joy in her life since her husband passed away at the age of 54. :(

« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 03:20:38 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2012, 03:21:28 PM »

I'm here-- briefly.

HAD THE DONUTS!!!

And drove a lot.  Saw Westwood, and have much to post.  Much.  And I promise it will all happen when I'm ona real keyboard!  Much to report.  Much to discuss.

Oh-- frickin street fair on Ventura, west of Van Nuys.  Rjght where a simple detour becomes a long detour.

It is hard to imagine that they were still worth the drive once you finally had your donuts.  I hope I'm wrong.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2012, 03:27:00 PM »

Planted some of the herbs I picked up yesterday, including lemon verbena and catnip as well as bok choy, lettuce and kale.

Aren't those "herbs" still illegal in Texas?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2012, 03:30:50 PM »

Good morning from Montreal. I haven't seen leaves changing in a long time. I forgot how beautiful it was.

One day I would like to see Montreal in Autumn, or anytime of the year.

Perhaps we should hold our first International Haines His Way Conference there next summer?

Depending on who wins the election, I may be living up there by then, anyway.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2012, 03:32:49 PM »

Any donut with whipped cream is worth a detour or three.  I have to be very careful not to go over there this week.  Today, so far, I've had seven hundred calories.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2012, 03:37:01 PM »

Loved that series when I was a kid, especially the first book. And I was kinda bummed at the ending of the movie, because it wasn't just a dream. Even at 8 or 9, I knew that was a cop out.

Not a dream????   I never believed Dorothy really thought it was a dream.

I never read the book.

Did it ever bother anyone else, that every damn person in the entire state of Kansas ended up in Oz, except for poor Uncle Henry?  Granted, Auntie Em only showed up in the crystal ball, but Henry didn't even get that cameo appearance.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2012, 03:39:39 PM »

Good morning, all! I am sleeping poorly these days: my right shoulder joint is givng me a lot of pain and sleeping is difficilt because I am uncomfortable. I have no plans for today, so I slept in. If this discomfort continues, I'll call my doctor about going back to physical therapy.

If I can locate my heating pad, I'll apply it to my shoulder and see if that helps.

I hope the heat helps.  Have you done any of your stretches & exercises from PT at home?  I still do most of mine everyday.

My biggest problem with my shoulder at night, aside from the pain, is rolling over.  By the time I am able to safely sift into a more comfortable position I'm wide awake. 

I can relate to that, Jane, but it is getting easier.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2012, 03:42:31 PM »

So, DR TCB, would you have paid $55 to tour the Lucas Oil Stadium and eat hot dogs and nachos?

It would be tempting, but now that I am on a fixed income, probably not.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2012, 03:43:30 PM »

DR TCB I'm very glad it is getting easier for you.  Another reason you won't want flannel sheets.  I'm a bit concerned tonight that with my new sheets it will be more difficult to roll over.  It was with the old ones.  The sheets do feel very soft and warm.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2012, 03:45:59 PM »

I posted this to my friend that makes cupcakes.  She needs joy in her life since her husband passed away at the age of 54. :(

My deepest sympathies to your friend, Jane.  I hope she finds the picture as delightful as I did.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2012, 03:47:21 PM »

I'm here-- briefly.

HAD THE DONUTS!!!

It is hard to imagine that they were still worth the drive once you finally had your donuts.  I hope I'm wrong.

I am guessing from your comments, that you are not a fan of donuts filled with whipped cream.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2012, 03:49:17 PM »

]

My deepest sympathies to your friend, Jane.  I hope she finds the picture as delightful as I did.

She did thank you.

Jane

« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2012, 03:50:13 PM »

I'm here-- briefly.

HAD THE DONUTS!!!

I am guessing from your comments, that you are not a fan of donuts filled with whipped cream.

LOL-I'm not.  Even if I were that seemed like a bit of a hassle for something one has never tasted.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2012, 03:51:05 PM »

Any donut with whipped cream is worth a detour or three.  I have to be very careful not to go over there this week.  Today, so far, I've had seven hundred calories.

Do you have a hot date coming up in the next few weeks, BK?  Or are you, perhaps, making an appearance in an OUTSIDE THE BOX episode?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 03:55:49 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2012, 03:53:32 PM »

I'm here-- briefly.

HAD THE DONUTS!!!

LOL-I'm not.  Even if I were that seemed like a bit of a hassle for something one has never tasted.

Well, I have never eaten at Genghis Cohen but I take BK's word that the food is heavenly.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2012, 03:53:37 PM »

The woman that did the two paintings of Sherlock has tweaked the first one.  It originally had just a swirly green background.  She has now changed that to a subtle, though detailed, wallpaper which I think makes him look very distinguished. 

When I post photos they seem to pixelate.  I hope it doesn't happen this time so you can see the detail on the wall behind him.

Jane

« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2012, 03:54:20 PM »

Sherlock

Jane

« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2012, 03:55:00 PM »

It worked!  I guess it helps that the photo isn't from my camera.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2012, 03:57:30 PM »

“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up