Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE RIDEOUT?  (Read 19880 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE RIDEOUT?
« on: October 24, 2012, 12:28:57 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had a glorious rideout, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they just finished doing a musical number that ended with them singing, "Moo" held for one beat, followed a one-beat button from the orchestra.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE RIDEOUT?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 12:29:30 AM »

And the word of the day is: DEMIURGE!

Ben

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 02:09:07 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 04:15:30 AM »

Good morning, all! I had a lot of peculiar dreams last night, most of which I don't now remember. One of my dreams had to do with a production of THE BEGGAR'S OPERA but that's all I do remember about it.

The laundry is in the washers and in 10 minutes thet should be ready for the dryers.  Once it's finished, i'm stu;ck here until yjr UPS delivery arrives. I have a bit of banking to do then, so I can pack for DC. And that's myday.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 05:16:49 AM »

DR TCB I do not have a tablet but I am sure there must be a keyboard you can bring up on the screen.

Michael

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 05:25:04 AM »

good morning from my final day in montreal. I am heading back to florida and a tropical storm on its way.
Never stop dreaming.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 05:34:17 AM »

;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 05:34:49 AM »

Morning.
That is all.
I'm late again for work.

;D ;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 05:50:43 AM »

The laundry is finished and put away. Now I wait. And wait.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 06:23:45 AM »

DR JENNIFER I would only use the Kindle for reading books.  I am not interested in having a tablet or telephone with internet capabilities.  I don't need to take my computer with me.

I don't text at all - and I barely use my cell phone - it is only in case of emergencies.  But then I am not so important that I need to be instantly and constantly IN TOUCH with anybody in particular.

I do NOT have WIFI, so how the KINDLE seems to be described here and elsewhere seems like just too much trouble.  I think I will keep reading BOOKS for awhile.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 06:29:57 AM »

Thanks to MR BK for the Book Of Mormon report....  I like to listen to the CD, although I haven't gotten it out since I put it away almost a year ago.  All of the MP3 songs are $1.29 on Amazon as opposed to the .99 cents most other songs are.

And more than half of the reviewers call the recording the "Broadway Soundtrack" - which irritates the HELL out of me.

Kerry

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 07:14:32 AM »

good morning from my final day in montreal. I am heading back to florida and a tropical storm on its way.

Have a safe trip, Mike!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 07:15:59 AM »

Thanks to MR BK for the Book Of Mormon report....  I like to listen to the CD, although I haven't gotten it out since I put it away almost a year ago.  All of the MP3 songs are $1.29 on Amazon as opposed to the .99 cents most other songs are.

And more than half of the reviewers call the recording the "Broadway Soundtrack" - which irritates the HELL out of me.

Amazon and ITunes list all such things as Broadway Soundtracks.  I usually end up screaming, "It's not a soundtrack!" followed by my lecture to no one.  Sugar hates it when I do that!
I like boat races.

Laura

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 07:35:29 AM »

Good morning.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Doug R

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 07:39:12 AM »

I've been busy planting bulbs which hopefully will bloom in spring.

Doug R

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 07:45:33 AM »

I'm going to have to buy a new suit. My brother showed me up recently by wearing a smart new suit when we visited a restaurant and I realised I hadn't bought a suit since I gave up full time work 5 years ago.

Ginny

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 07:45:54 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  Richard and I are off to Dayton for a medical appointment - his, not mine.  Nothing life threatening.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 07:56:57 AM »

BK, said to hear about the changes at Musso's.  It was always one delightfully fixed point in an ever-changing world.  I too remember the hamburger stand next to the Huntington Hartford, which was a lovely theatre.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 09:06:53 AM »

I'm going to have to buy a new suit. My brother showed me up recently by wearing a smart new suit when we visited a restaurant and I realised I hadn't bought a suit since I gave up full time work 5 years ago.

Fashion forward vibes for DR DOUG R

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 09:28:30 AM »

I wonder if the Devil had anything to do with the rideout.

Wasn't there a Hammer film about it...."The Devil Rides Out" or something?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 09:31:36 AM »

It's Wednesday, October 24th.

I voted today (absentee ballot turned in at the Superior Court down the street from my office building).

I have a jury summons for tomorrow.   Will be calling in this afternoon to see if they want my group to report.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2012, 10:14:35 AM »

I'm up.  I didn't fall asleep till three-thirty.  Need to fix that because it's happening too frequently.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 10:14:49 AM »

Page one?  One page?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2012, 10:29:08 AM »

Well, I've seen my new refrigerator.

It's a GE, and with no advance notification it arrived about 20 minutes ago. That meant a flurry of activity while I emptied the old one and thedelivery men hauledit into the building. At that point I noticed thedoor was hinged incorrectly and refused to accept it. The delivery men checked the delivery info and. sure enough, GE was supposedto redo the door and they didn't. The chief delivery man called theoffice and they said to cart it back for the door replacement.

So they carted it out of here and I told them to call me on Monday and schedule a new delivery.  I'm glad it happened while I was here. Otherwise I would have come home to find a fridge in place with an inoperable door.

So, I've plugged the old one back in and put everything back into it. The new one looks great, I must say, but I cannot say I'm fond of the GE company at the moment.

Ben

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2012, 10:35:41 AM »

Is it a full-size fridge or half-size?

Jennifer

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2012, 10:37:05 AM »

DR JENNIFER I would only use the Kindle for reading books.  I am not interested in having a tablet or telephone with internet capabilities.  I don't need to take my computer with me.

I don't text at all - and I barely use my cell phone - it is only in case of emergencies.  But then I am not so important that I need to be instantly and constantly IN TOUCH with anybody in particular.

I do NOT have WIFI, so how the KINDLE seems to be described here and elsewhere seems like just too much trouble.  I think I will keep reading BOOKS for awhile.
You do not need wifi to use your kindle. You just need it for a few minutes when you want your ebooks to download. There must be some place that has wifi near you. Do you want access to free ebooks. Amazon is the best in this respect. Or do you just want to pay full price for whatever book you want.  I really cannot recommend the kindle highly enough. Love mine.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2012, 10:38:58 AM »

You do not need wifi to use your kindle. You just need it for a few minutes when you want your ebooks to download. There must be some place that has wifi near you. Do you want access to free ebooks. Amazon is the best in this respect. Or do you just want to pay full price for whatever book you want.  I really cannot recommend the kindle highly enough. Love mine.

too much trouble.

Jennifer

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2012, 10:40:00 AM »

That is frustrating about the fridge door. But good thing you noticed the problem.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2012, 10:47:01 AM »

The Romney camp is endorsing this lunatic from Indiana? Which one's crazier? This moron or the one endorsing him?

« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 10:52:18 AM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2012, 10:48:08 AM »

Is it a full-size fridge or half-size?

It's huge!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up