Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: COMFORT FOOD  (Read 21797 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: COMFORT FOOD
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2012, 08:13:04 AM »

Finding what you need and travel vibes for DR ELMORE.

I am very excited about the new season of OUTSIDE THE BOX!!!

Garage arranging vibes for MR BK & The Helper.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2012, 08:13:16 AM »

Page Two no picture dance.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2012, 08:17:25 AM »

I received a nice original newspaper photo of Frances Farmer today.  And I have ordered a new book called Indiana Television that has a nice photo of Frances on the set of Frances Farmer Presents on the cover.....it was a very successful show, and they certainly didn't spare any expense in building her a nice set and getting her the best movies.....

http://www.amazon.com/Indianapolis-Television-America-Arcadia-Publishing/dp/0738593559/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1351178011&sr=1-1&keywords=indiana+television

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2012, 08:39:48 AM »

TOD:

Fried Chicken
Rice with chicken gravy

or

Spaghetti with meat sauce

or

Creamed beef (SOS) on toast
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2012, 08:47:18 AM »

DR DRUXY - travel vibes.....and of course we want photos and FULL report from Monsterpalooza!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2012, 08:50:56 AM »

I'm up and awaiting the arrival of the helper.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2012, 08:56:55 AM »

Tod: rye bread. Butter. Radishes.Swiss cheese. Maybe charcuterie.all together with cornichons and olives on the side.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2012, 08:58:13 AM »

Good to see you, Dr danise. And vibes things go better at work soon.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2012, 09:20:05 AM »

And the word of the day is: DELATE!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  PASS ME BY

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2012, 09:27:16 AM »

TOD:

Macaroni and cheese and fish sticks.

MBarnum

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2012, 09:59:36 AM »

I received a nice original newspaper photo of Frances Farmer today.  And I have ordered a new book called Indiana Television that has a nice photo of Frances on the set of Frances Farmer Presents on the cover.....it was a very successful show, and they certainly didn't spare any expense in building her a nice set and getting her the best movies.....

http://www.amazon.com/Indianapolis-Television-America-Arcadia-Publishing/dp/0738593559/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1351178011&sr=1-1&keywords=indiana+television

Good buys, DR Jrand!

Do we get to see the Frances photo?

MBarnum

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2012, 10:04:26 AM »

I don't know what I singed up for recently or who sold my email address, but I have been getting a HUGE amount of spam this week. Like 20 or 30 an hour?

Thank goodness AOL is good at separating the spam from the real emails!

MBarnum

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2012, 10:05:30 AM »

I unreleated news, why is Donald Trump such a goofball? Is he losing his mind or something? He just seems to get crazier and crazier.

MBarnum

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2012, 10:06:27 AM »

TOD part 2:

I must also add Mac and cheese. Boxed or home made, it is all good!

(oddly enough, I didn't care much for it as a kid)

Ben

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2012, 10:10:26 AM »

I don't know what I singed up for recently or who sold my email address, but I have been getting a HUGE amount of spam this week. Like 20 or 30 an hour?

Thank goodness AOL is good at separating the spam from the real emails!

The Russians (or whoever is sending it out) must be working overtime because both Anthony, his mother and I have been getting tons of spam in the past few days. Like you said, it can be 15 or 20 or more in an hour. It seems to go in cycles and we're in one right now.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2012, 10:19:24 AM »

Good morning.  I've been to Costco and back hoping to get new tires, and it turns out they don't carry my size so I had to order them (and pay for them).  They should be here in a few days.

Tomorrow, the DP and I are heading up to Lake Tahoe for the weekend.  We are seeing Leon Russell in concert.  I, of course, have heard of him, but the DP has not and so far is not impressed.  I heard it's a good show.  I'll definitely report back. 

Today I'm meeting with the lyricist on the musical that he has written and I'll play 2 songs for him that I set to music in the last few weeks.  Hopefully it will go well and we can continue the process.  He has written lyrics for 18 songs in this musical, which I'm thinking will be more of a "song cycle".  We shall see....

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2012, 10:40:33 AM »

I unreleated news, why is Donald Trump such a goofball? Is he losing his mind or something? He just seems to get crazier and crazier.

He has the Howard Hughes Syndrome, apparently.

Brava to Barbara Walters for speaking out.  More of his "friends" should do so.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2012, 10:41:47 AM »

I miss singdaw!

MBarnum

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2012, 11:06:18 AM »

Me too, DR Ron  Pulliam!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2012, 11:08:01 AM »

Good Morning To Everyone

Home in Florida

Welcome home, Mike S.!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 11:13:58 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2012, 11:15:19 AM »

And in more unrelated news:

I watched the final presidential debate and I must say that my favorite part is when the families of the two debators come onstage and everyone is nice to everyone else. It warms my heart.

My favorite was when one of Romney's little grandson who couldn't be more than 4  years old was chatting up Obama. It was adorable. Such a cute kid and the president seemed like he was having fun listening intently to the little guy.

Also, in past appearences I have loved the dresses that the first lady wore, but this time around I thought Mrs. Romney's dress was fantastic! Loved the colors and loved the style!

See, you can get good things out of stale political debates!

George

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2012, 11:17:32 AM »

TOD part 2:

I must also add Mac and cheese. Boxed or home made, it is all good!

(oddly enough, I didn't care much for it as a kid)

My niece loved cheese (before she became a vegan) but for some reason, she didn't like Kraft brand macaroni and cheese because it was too cheesy.  I never understood that.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2012, 11:18:37 AM »

In other news, a popular Indian comedian was killed in an auto accident yesterday. Punjabi language cinema favorite Jaspal Bhatti died in the wreck when the car he was riding in hit a tree.

He and other cast members were traveling to promote his latest comedy film which opens on Friday, and which he also produced and directed, titled POWER CUT. 

The film's leading man Jasraj Bhatti and the leading lady Suril Gautam (this is the first film for each) were both seriously injured along with another passenger who may or may not be an actor in the film (none of the news reports mention who he was).

Very sad. He was a very, very funny guy, and I imagine the film's opening will be rather bittersweet. I do hope the injured performers make a full recovery.

It does look like a fun film:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU64LaeS3xU

Mike B., that's terrible.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2012, 11:30:28 AM »

I shall scan the Frances photo tonight DR MBARNUM......after I return from Salem....Mass NOT Or.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2012, 11:42:52 AM »

I shall scan the Frances photo tonight DR MBARNUM......after I return from Salem....Mass NOT Or.

Will you be travelling via broomstick...or the usual auto?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2012, 11:59:03 AM »

Auto - but there are some people arriving by broom I am sure

John G.

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2012, 12:45:08 PM »

Just discovered that my high school geometry and physics teacher, Paul Gaddie, died. I thought he was old when I had him in 10th grade. If I do the math right, he would have been 29 then. I guess that used to be old.

I remember that he didn't suffer too many fools gladly, and the cardinal sin in his book was that you didn't fall asleep in class. Otherwise he would take a cattle prod out and head for the student. The student usually woke up before this happened, so there was no problem. Well, one day, a kid didn't wake up by the time that Mr. Gaddie reached his spot, and he jolted the kid. The kid threatened to sue, and that was the last time the cattle prod was seen.
― Voltaire

MBarnum

« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2012, 12:52:35 PM »

DR JohnG, that makes me curious about something...how many here are Facebook friends with any of their former teachers?

I am FB friends with my old Theatre Arts teacher from High School. It has been such fun catching up with her, and she is thrilled to hear from past students, including many who were in her classes and plays at the same time I was...which would account for the majority of my High School friends.

One of these day I am going to scan all the old photos from the plays we put on during that period and post them on Facebook. But I don't think I will ever let that teacher know of the monkey shines that went on behind her back when she took a group of us to that drama competition up to Lake Oswego in 1982 (even though I do have photographic evidence of much of it)!

No doubt many of my other high school teachers are on Facebook, but can't think of many I would care all that much to catch up with...grade school, yes...but most of those teachers are probably long gone.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 12:56:02 PM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2012, 12:57:26 PM »

What made me think of all of that was JohnG's remark about his teacher's age. I had thought my drama teacher was in her 40s or 50s when I was in school..turns out she was only in her early 30s or so.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2012, 01:10:34 PM »

Page two?  Two pages?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up