Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: RIBS ON FRIDAY  (Read 21747 times)

Jennifer

Re: RIBS ON FRIDAY
« Reply #120 on: October 26, 2012, 06:03:15 PM »

DR Cillaliz, if you don't want to watch political ads why not just PVR/DVR your shows and fast forward thru the commercials?

I do sometimes. Our political ads started 6 months before the caucuses, so in about June or July of 2011.  They really haven't stopped completely since then. You can't DVR everything all the time   I'm sure it's the same or even worse for DR Ginny. 

Actually I PVR everything I watch. Even if it's Dancing With the STars or Amazing Race (that i watch when they are on). I start 15 minutes after the shows start and see no commercials (not that we get political ads).

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #121 on: October 26, 2012, 06:04:02 PM »

We rarely watch commercials.

Jennifer

« Reply #122 on: October 26, 2012, 06:05:44 PM »

I’ve just received DIAL M FOR MURDER from Amazon.com but for the first time in years I got caught by Customs. Goods of a value over the equivalent of about $24 are subject to tax. The package value was $31.47 including postage so I was landed with an additional charge of about $19, most of which was the Post Office handling charge, making it a very expensive BD indeed. Annoyingly a few days after I ordered it, Warner Bros announced a UK release date of Nov 12. So there was no need to import it at all.   >:(

Interesting.  I don't think that I've EVER had to pay customs for anything that I've ordered on-line from out of the US.

When I've ordered from amazon.com they pre-charge the customs charge (which is only about $1 for $20).   But I have had to pay customs if someone has sent me something valued over $60. That is totally annoying especially if it's a gift. The worst part is that most of it is the post office handling charge. I find this ridiculous. So if the charge was $7 customs you'd have another $13 in handling fees.

Jennifer

« Reply #123 on: October 26, 2012, 06:07:28 PM »

Yes, MattH is here.  Just met him.  Was he on HHW, or whar?

Yes and we miss him! 

Yes as DR Jane said he was posting here everyday for many years. Then just left. :(

Jennifer

« Reply #124 on: October 26, 2012, 06:08:09 PM »

I am not looking forward to 5 straight days of rain.

I wonder if i just feel better when it's warm and sunny out.

It was nice wearing a t-shirt outside.

Jennifer

« Reply #125 on: October 26, 2012, 06:12:32 PM »

I wanted to scream at a motorist today.

I was at the mall and trying to get out of my parking spot.

I always back out very slowly because I know drivers are stupid.

So I"m backing out super slow. I back out a tiny bit then look both ways. I back out a tiny bit more and look both ways. When I"m about 1/4 of the way out a car honks and zooms by. Okay fine the guy honked. Dumb on his part. But anyways. So i keep going. I'm a bit more out and a freaking idiot zooms by without honking or anything.

Are people stupid? Does she want me to hit her? If someone is backing out of a parking spot THEN WAIT 2 SECONDS till they are out.  I honked at her. BUt was fuming mad.  I don't know how these people don't get hit. Because I am pretty sure that nobody else is backing out slowly like me.

ChasSmith

« Reply #126 on: October 26, 2012, 06:18:29 PM »

Last week BK and I saw two (2) outstandingly idiotic drivers-- one on the way to Smoke Haven, the other on the way back.  It was beautiful.  Details later.  Got to run.

Jane

« Reply #127 on: October 26, 2012, 06:27:23 PM »

So I"m backing out super slow. I back out a tiny bit then look both ways. I back out a tiny bit more and look both ways. When I"m about 1/4 of the way out a car honks and zooms by. Okay fine the guy honked. Dumb on his part. But anyways. So i keep going. I'm a bit more out and a freaking idiot zooms by without honking or anything.

Are people stupid? Does she want me to hit her? If someone is backing out of a parking spot THEN WAIT 2 SECONDS till they are out.  I honked at her. BUt was fuming mad.  I don't know how these people don't get hit. Because I am pretty sure that nobody else is backing out slowly like me.

I also back out slowly because I can't see the oncoming cars.  They should be watching for you as well, they just don't want to stop and wait for you.  When I was hit in a parking lot the insurance company told me more accidents happen in lots, at least in our town, than anywhere else.  My personal experience doesn't agree but obviously it happens a lot.

Jane

« Reply #128 on: October 26, 2012, 06:27:35 PM »

Last week BK and I saw two (2) outstandingly idiotic drivers-- one on the way to Smoke Haven, the other on the way back.  It was beautiful.  Details later.  Got to run.

;D

Laura

« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2012, 06:45:11 PM »

Jennifer, that's why I rarely back out of spaces any more. If possible, I find where there are two spaces, one in front of the other, and drive through so I can pull straight out.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #130 on: October 26, 2012, 06:48:49 PM »

I do the same whenever I can.  It is easier on my neck & back as well.

Jane

« Reply #131 on: October 26, 2012, 07:03:34 PM »

I've been watching the moon rise through the clouds.....simply beautiful.

Jane

« Reply #132 on: October 26, 2012, 07:09:44 PM »

'night

Ginny

« Reply #133 on: October 26, 2012, 07:16:45 PM »

Jennifer, that's why I rarely back out of spaces any more. If possible, I find where there are two spaces, one in front of the other, and drive through so I can pull straight out.

I started doing that after my friend Betty was almost run over in a grocery parking lot by someone backing out of their space.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #134 on: October 26, 2012, 07:34:52 PM »

I have a back up camera in my car and had one in my Prius too, I can't imagine not having it now, it helps with the people walking behind me in parking lots.

Ginny

« Reply #135 on: October 26, 2012, 07:50:29 PM »

Cincinnati and Louisville are tied, 24/24, with just over 11 minutes to go - c'mon, Bearcats!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #136 on: October 26, 2012, 07:57:52 PM »

'night!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: October 26, 2012, 10:11:45 PM »

I went ahead and sent in my letter to direct Angel Street this July....we shall see what happens.  I almost didn't do it....but I certainly don't want it to be messed up....and if I miss my chance to be in THE DROWSY CHAPERONE....well, that's life!

I was offered the male lead in that show, but I turned it down to take a paid gig in a dinner theater production of CHAPTER TWO.  Sometimes money proceeds art.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #138 on: October 26, 2012, 10:15:53 PM »

MBarnum, the Indian food at lunch let me to watch Monsoon Wedding again last night. Great movie. Definitely not Bollywood, more like a Punjabi Robert Altman.

For some reason I just couldn't get into Monsoon Wedding. I might have to give it another try one day.

I am eager to see THE LIFE OF PI, which has a cast of Bollywood actors in it, although I think (?) it is a British film.

Watching the previews for this last night I noticed it is "based" on the book.  I'm expecting a number of changes, which is fine with me.

I wonder if the tiger is a Bollywood actor?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #139 on: October 26, 2012, 10:20:00 PM »

The things one learns from FB.  Tom Skerritt is currently at our Medford airport.

He lives in Seattle.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #140 on: October 26, 2012, 10:30:48 PM »

Hello, everyone! I got to DC around 11:30 yesterday morning to discover that the Capitol Hill Suites at present have no business center with computer access. Since I didn't take my laptop, I couldn't check in on the HHW goings on. By 5:00 yesterday, I'd been through all of the cartons of music for ROBERTA in the Jerome Kern Collection, I photocopied two scores I needed for the files, the copyright libretto for the show titled GoWNS BY ROBERTA, and looked at the copyright libretto for JUBILEE, which included the cut songs "Waltz Down the Aisle" and "Yours" and was missing "Mrs & Mrs Smith," "Just One Of Those Things," and "Swing That Swing."

Then, librarian Loras Schissel and I hit a Mexican restaurant for a wonderful dnner and large margaritas. I got back to the hotel around 7:30, watched an episode of THE MENTALIST and passed out around 9pm.

This morning I looked at the show music files for CHEE-CHEE, ROBERTA (film songs) and GOWNS BY ROBERTA (Broadway songs), photocopied the five songs from CHEE-CHEE, said goodbye toeveryone nd got to Union Station around 10:30, exchanged my ticket for the 11:02 train to New York, and got home about an hour ago.

I got an email from New World Records enclosing a review. Nigel Simeone gave the Herbert songs a fantastic and intelligent review in the new issue of the International Record Review that shows how condescending and ridiculous Steve Suskin of Playbill.com and Richard Traubner of the American Record Guide are as reviewers and what a large amount of gall they have to consider themselves music critics.

Great news, elmore.  Congraulations on your successful trip and your rave review.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #141 on: October 26, 2012, 10:37:03 PM »

I’ve just received DIAL M FOR MURDER from Amazon.com but for the first time in years I got caught by Customs. Goods of a value over the equivalent of about $24 are subject to tax. The package value was $31.47 including postage so I was landed with an additional charge of about $19, most of which was the Post Office handling charge, making it a very expensive BD indeed. Annoyingly a few days after I ordered it, Warner Bros announced a UK release date of Nov 12. So there was no need to import it at all.   >:(

Interesting.  I don't think that I've EVER had to pay customs for anything that I've ordered on-line from out of the US.

(That's because you don't live in England.)
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: October 26, 2012, 11:04:59 PM »

Back from a really fun meeting with agent Martin Gage of The Gage Group.  I've known him for forty years.  I promised him a year ago when he saw Lost and Unsung that I would give him There's Mel and then I just kept forgetting about it, so today I brought him that and Album Produced By.  We had a nice chat and by the end of it, he signed me on as a client, for mostly directing, but he'll handle any writing deals should any come up and he'll get my books out to some film and TV people (especially the Hofstetter books).  So, I have an agent for the first time since David and my agent left William Morris about eight years ago.  He also has a huge client list, so we bandied about some names for Outside The Box.  He's going to call one actor in particular about one of the episodes we're shooting next.

Fantastic!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #143 on: October 26, 2012, 11:10:07 PM »

FRIDAY!!!

Very excited about the premiere of the new Outside the Box.....sounds like a perfect time/place for the PREMIERE. I hope you have a red carpet!!!

DR CILLA LIZ - great new avatar....whew!  What a story.  I hope Miss Callie is doing better today.

Yesterday sister Molly and husband Austin visited for awhile with one of their doggies....Lulu....a miniature Boston terrier....who is VERY FAT....didn't get pictures darn it!    Precious looked her over and then went and hid until Lulu went home.  I am thinking maybe her former owners got a new dog and that's when she was given the heave ho.....

Miss Callie is doing quite well now.   I have to admit I'm pretty concerned about traveling at this point.  I have had trouble in the past with both a live in cat sitter and boarding one of my cats.  Now, I've had this problem.  I'm not very trusting about leaving them with anyone

Maybe I should send Betzy your phone number.  Since she no longer speaks to me, I doubt she will ever cat sit for me again - if I ever go anywhere again.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #144 on: October 26, 2012, 11:19:07 PM »

Yes, the driver probably did want you to hit them.  As I found out last year, if you are backing up, regardless of any other circumstances involved, the accident is your fault!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 11:23:12 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: October 26, 2012, 11:28:19 PM »

Back from a really fun time at the HTF event - saw our very own dear reader ChasSmith, Nick Redman and his ever-lovin' Julie Kirgo, Nick's Twilight Time partner Brian, and I met Ron Epstein who runs the HTF and a lot of really nice folks.  Here's a big surprise though: former dear reader MattH was apparently there when I arrived - I don't know if this is coincidental or not, but before he could be pointed out to me he bolted and left, presumably to catch a flight home.  So, I had no chance to pass on your well wishes, nor do I think he would have cared to hear them from me - which is, on the face of it, kind of nauseating but not unexpected.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #146 on: October 26, 2012, 11:28:33 PM »

We are looking forward(?) to having rain on Halloween. Kids who live in the Pacific Northwet are used to having rain on Halloween.

I worry more about Halloween on the East Coast. The keep referring it to the Perfect Storm.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #147 on: October 26, 2012, 11:30:30 PM »

Back from a really fun time at the HTF event - saw our very own dear reader ChasSmith, Nick Redman and his ever-lovin' Julie Kirgo, Nick's Twilight Time partner Brian, and I met Ron Epstein who runs the HTF and a lot of really nice folks.  Here's a big surprise though: former dear reader MattH was apparently there when I arrived - I don't know if this is coincidental or not, but before he could be pointed out to me he bolted and left, presumably to catch a flight home.  So, I had no chance to pass on your well wishes, nor do I think he would have cared to hear them from me - which is, on the face of it, kind of nauseating but not unexpected.

That is kind of what I figured would happen.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: October 26, 2012, 11:30:45 PM »

After the Twilight Time talk Chas and I went next door where it was the first night of Monsterpalooza, a horror thing that happens every year.  We got in for half price because it was so late.  First I ran into the Outside The Box editor who was there with film composer Claudio Simonetti.  Then we found dear reader Druxy and said hi.  We traversed the room and then went back to say goodbye to Druxy when I ran into the wonderful Bert I. Gordon.  I haven't seen him in a couple of years - we had a chat and we decided to go his favorite Chinese restaurant soon - Genghis Cohen, of course.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #149 on: October 26, 2012, 11:31:14 PM »

Well, my work here is done.

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up