Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: GLORIOUS TECHNICOLOR  (Read 32143 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re: GLORIOUS TECHNICOLOR
« Reply #180 on: October 28, 2012, 06:32:00 PM »

I do find it disturbing she washed towels, etc and did not tell you.

I know there was one time I sat for a dog and he soiled in the kitchen and the carpet and I cleaned and washed the throw rugs and towels I used.  There was a horrid lightning and thunder storm and it scared the dog. I did not blame her and I let the owners know promptly. Matter of fact they were quite appreciative that I let them know.

I felt sorry for the dog. I gave him some TLC when I was cleaning.

Dakota, that's really the biggest problem.  She didn't let me know anything was wrong and in fact told me it was difficult the first night but fine after that. 

That comment alone makes me wonder...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #181 on: October 28, 2012, 06:32:39 PM »

I see we have jumped to PAGE 7!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ginny

« Reply #182 on: October 28, 2012, 06:34:36 PM »

'night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #183 on: October 28, 2012, 06:35:18 PM »

Just looked at the radar for NYC and the east coast... That storm is a WHOPPER!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #184 on: October 28, 2012, 06:35:35 PM »

nn Ginny, sweet dreams!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #185 on: October 28, 2012, 06:37:59 PM »

Just saw a tweet that all Starbucks in New York City and Long Island are now closed.

the end of civilization as we know it!!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Cillaliz

« Reply #186 on: October 28, 2012, 06:38:56 PM »

Just saw a tweet that all Starbucks in New York City and Long Island are now closed.

Now THAT is serious.

Cillaliz

« Reply #187 on: October 28, 2012, 06:40:40 PM »

I do find it disturbing she washed towels, etc and did not tell you.

I know there was one time I sat for a dog and he soiled in the kitchen and the carpet and I cleaned and washed the throw rugs and towels I used.  There was a horrid lightning and thunder storm and it scared the dog. I did not blame her and I let the owners know promptly. Matter of fact they were quite appreciative that I let them know.

I felt sorry for the dog. I gave him some TLC when I was cleaning.

She should have just said if she had to wash something. I would have just asked her what she washed (just to know).

I didn't realize it until today when I went to do the laundry and the settings were all different from the way I ususally have them and the lint trap was full

Cillaliz

« Reply #188 on: October 28, 2012, 06:41:53 PM »

Honestly, the cat sitter who was a mess really doesn't matter anymore.  I'm not going to have her come back and the cats survived.  It was just strange, that's all

vixmom

« Reply #189 on: October 28, 2012, 06:43:50 PM »

Vixmom, even in the middle of the island, I hope you are well prepared

well I do not have any dry ice this time and I don't have an extra propane tank  but the cars are all filled with gasoline and we do own  a generator now....  I just wish that  if the storm HAS to come that it had hit last night so we would have had the weekend to recover....

vixmom

« Reply #190 on: October 28, 2012, 06:47:42 PM »

The Vixter works in a liquor store -- she called to let us know that she would be late home tonight because the store is staying open for an extra hour because everyone is stocking up for the storm

gosh  I never even thought of that

milk, bread, eggs...wine

Ben

« Reply #191 on: October 28, 2012, 06:53:50 PM »

The Vixter works in a liquor store -- she called to let us know that she would be late home tonight because the store is staying open for an extra hour because everyone is stocking up for the storm

milk, bread, eggs...wine

Sheesh!!! That's what I forgot when I went to Trader Joe's this morning. The wine and beer! We have milk, bread, eggs, cereal, tuna, coffee, tea, chicken but no wine, no beer. How am I gonna get through tomorrow, especially since I don't have to get up at 5am, though I probably will be up early, my body is so used to it, I find it hard to sleep past 7am anymore when I don't have to get up.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #192 on: October 28, 2012, 06:56:12 PM »

Now THAT is serious.

that IS serious!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #193 on: October 28, 2012, 07:01:45 PM »

I'm getting close to needing a refill of medicine for Callie, so I'm going to wait until I have a refill before getting the records.   They just had their shots, so I don't know that I'm in a big rush to find a new vet.  I'm more concerned about the cat sitter

Yes, the sitter is more important right now.

Ben

« Reply #194 on: October 28, 2012, 07:01:56 PM »

But I go to Dunkin' Donuts or Pret A Manger so I'll be fine. Of course they are most likely closed tomorrow as well but I have coffee in the house and if it's not pouring rain or wind blowing the roof off our building I can always walk to the corner deli or diner and get coffee. They never close. They didn't close during Irene and I doubt they will close tomorrow or Tuesday.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #195 on: October 28, 2012, 07:03:02 PM »

Ten o'clock in NY and all's well?

Jane

« Reply #196 on: October 28, 2012, 07:03:17 PM »

milk, bread, eggs...wine

;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #197 on: October 28, 2012, 07:04:08 PM »

It's not supposed to get bad in NYC until later tonight and through the day tomorrow

Jane

« Reply #198 on: October 28, 2012, 07:04:40 PM »

Craig said Yogi refused to go out tonight.  I wonder how long he can hold out.

ChasSmith

« Reply #199 on: October 28, 2012, 07:05:10 PM »

For some reason, the way I was running around all day, it's felt like a Saturday all day.  There are still a couple of things to do, and I'm "assuming" that the bank and one or two stores will still be open at least in the morning hours.

Cillaliz

« Reply #200 on: October 28, 2012, 07:05:16 PM »

Actually the center of the storm won't hit until Monday night

Jane

« Reply #201 on: October 28, 2012, 07:05:49 PM »

Probably all of the above DR Dakota.  Be sure to get enough exercise to help keep your spirits up.

VIBES THINGS WORK OUT FOR YOU SOON!

Ben

« Reply #202 on: October 28, 2012, 07:05:56 PM »

Things are fine in Manhattan right now but as Cil said, it's not supposed to start raining and winding (is that a word?) until around 2am and I'll be fast asleep by then. I'll find out when I get up tomorrow if there is anything serious happening.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #203 on: October 28, 2012, 07:07:39 PM »

Quiet here in Dakota... we did have a bit of snow last night...

ChasSmith

« Reply #204 on: October 28, 2012, 07:08:34 PM »

Did somebody say donuts?

Jane

« Reply #205 on: October 28, 2012, 07:09:53 PM »

Jane or anyone from Cali,

Is Hollywood its own separate city or an area of Los Angeles?  I have been trying to get it to pull in my mapping project and it will not.

I don't know why it matters if you are trying to get a map.  I think it is part of LA but it has been too long for me to be sure.

Jane

« Reply #206 on: October 28, 2012, 07:10:47 PM »

Actually the center of the storm won't hit until Monday night

Thanks.

Jane

« Reply #207 on: October 28, 2012, 07:11:15 PM »

Things are fine in Manhattan right now but as Cil said, it's not supposed to start raining and winding (is that a word?) until around 2am and I'll be fast asleep by then. I'll find out when I get up tomorrow if there is anything serious happening.

I'll be watching for updates tomorrow.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #208 on: October 28, 2012, 07:12:04 PM »

Jane or anyone from Cali,

Is Hollywood its own separate city or an area of Los Angeles?  I have been trying to get it to pull in my mapping project and it will not.

I don't know why it matters if you are trying to get a map.  I think it is part of LA but it has been too long for me to be sure.

I am mapping the family migrations

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #209 on: October 28, 2012, 07:12:21 PM »

Sorry I am not terribly chatty.

I am just feeling very down adn defeated... It might be the weather, rejections letters, and / or the upcoming holidays. Could use a bit of good news for a change... Trying to say positive but I feel so alone here, so very alone.

~~~VIBES OF COMFORT FOR DR DAKOTACELT!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up