Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: BREEZY  (Read 40990 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re: BREEZY
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2012, 07:57:27 AM »

I hope those on the east coast remain safe and sound...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2012, 07:58:16 AM »

I see we blew on to Page 2!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2012, 07:59:12 AM »

Ginny, I wonder if the system you are getting is the one we had late last week where we got over an inch of lovely rain. We desperately needed the rain. It has been terribly dry here.

ChasSmith

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2012, 08:00:58 AM »

Good morning from windy Northern Virginia.  Guess I'll go to the supermarket and see if there's any bottled water left.

Let me save you a trip.  There isn't.     :)

ChasSmith

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2012, 08:05:57 AM »

Filling tub now.

ChasSmith

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2012, 08:06:05 AM »

My tub is half full.

ChasSmith

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2012, 08:06:14 AM »

Or is it half empty?

ChasSmith

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2012, 08:13:04 AM »

Discuss.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2012, 08:20:51 AM »

Here's the National Weather Service photo of the storm heading toward New Jersey.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2012, 08:36:04 AM »

Hi everyone.  Quiet here in the Bay Area.  Going to go pick up dog #3 from the sitters, then back home for some errands and chores.  Tonight, I start year 7 of A Christmas Carol - The Musical.  Not a lot of new people this year, so vocal rehearsals should be a breeze.  More like a brush up, I guess.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2012, 08:44:03 AM »

Continued vibes for those on the East Coast!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2012, 08:44:24 AM »

CD ordered....it looks great!!!  We will be playing it this season at World of Wisdom!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2012, 08:44:41 AM »

Vibes for DR DAKOTA CELT.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2012, 08:45:47 AM »

Mr David Cryer and his wife Britt were very pleasant to meet and speak with last night.  Tonight we start working with them, they just watched the show last night.

They are in from their home in New Jersey, so there is some stress about what they will find when they return home in mid November.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2012, 08:50:12 AM »

Worst weather was probably the Blizzard of 1978 when the ENTIRE state of Indiana was under a blizzard warning.  We had more than five inches of snow on the ground that January 28 when it started to snow about 5 p.m., and by the time the snow stopped 34 hours later.....we had over 20 inches of snow on the ground.

It was fun for about a day and half....then it was miserable!!!

Ginny

« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2012, 09:13:19 AM »

TOD - DR JRand, my first thought was also the Blizzard of '78.  But my answer would have to be September of 2008 when Hurricane Ike made its way to SW Ohio.  The actual weather - specifically, high winds - only lasted a few hours, but the aftermath was awful.  Our power was out for 5 days, because our utility companies had sent crews to the Gulf states that they then had to get back here.  Fortunately, we didn't need heat or air conditioning, but we lost a lot of food from our refrigerator and freezer.  The challenge for me was getting ready for work without my hair dryer, curling iron, and lighted make-up mirror.  What kept me from going absolutely crazy was that we still had running water, including hot.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2012, 09:14:04 AM »

Off to see Dr. Gerber - bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2012, 09:31:20 AM »

Worst weather was probably the Blizzard of 1978 when the ENTIRE state of Indiana was under a blizzard warning.  We had more than five inches of snow on the ground that January 28 when it started to snow about 5 p.m., and by the time the snow stopped 34 hours later.....we had over 20 inches of snow on the ground.

It was fun for about a day and half....then it was miserable!!!

I remember driving home in that blizzard around midnight from Cincinnati on Rte 75 when my shift at Peaches Records ended. At one point I hit some ice and my car - it was a Gremlin -  did a complete spin before I got it under control. There was so little trafficthat I caused no harm, but it scared the crap out of me, as well as the drivers behind me. I washappy to be home in one piece.

I am now listening to Britten's wonderful children's opera, NOYE'S FLUDDE, with its fantastic development of the Navy Hymn during the storm sequence. Always makes me cry.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 09:46:09 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2012, 09:35:47 AM »

Last load of laundry is in, dishes are done, and paper plates and cups will be the order of the day if the power goes.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2012, 09:40:13 AM »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2012, 09:41:11 AM »

I'm up and awaiting the arrival of the helper.  Sunny out, but chilly in the house, so the heat is on briefly. 

Jane

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2012, 09:42:49 AM »

And the new Kritzerland CD is:

IT’S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR

Kritzerland is proud to present its latest release – a brand new, shiny holiday treat wrapped up in a beautiful and talented singer!

SANDY BAINUM

THIS CHRISTMAS 

I think the cover is very pretty.

Jane

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2012, 09:44:03 AM »

TOD:

There were ice storms when I lived in upstate New York that scared me when I got out on the road. One time I didn't realize how icy it was as I was driving down the mountain from Windham. Slid right past my exit. Then when I finally got onto my street, I couldn't even make it up the slight incline to my house. My car slid off the road into a friend's front yard and I stayed there until they finally came and iced the road. Because the town's top Democrats lived on that road, it was always the last one treated in that county of Republicans.

Those are very scary.  At least your car was at a friend's house ;)

ChasSmith

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2012, 09:44:53 AM »

I've hardly watched any TV coverage so I think I'll take a breather, sit back, and do a little of that now - while I can.

Jane

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2012, 09:45:22 AM »

And here's the 42nd Street subway station.

Wow! 

Jane

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2012, 09:46:30 AM »

I have a midday appointment with my gastroenterologist that is almost 2 years overdue.  I was due for the dreaded exam in December of 2010, but was kind of busy adjusting to cardio issues.  My cardiologist said, "Don't even think of having a colonoscopy while you're on Plavix!," which I stopped taking a couple of months ago.  Today is just an office appointment, but I KNOW what he's going to tell me  :P

I have to make an appointment today for the test.  I had to wait until I knew when the landscaping would be done.

Jane

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2012, 09:47:15 AM »

That sky is scary, Elmore.

The pic is kind of blurry & I didn't realize it was the sky I should be looking at-lol.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2012, 10:07:30 AM »

The President made a short speech about the storm.....  It is very serious....and I continue to send vibes to our East Coasters.

I had to chase my trash can lid down the street a few minutes ago....we have a Wind Advisory for Indiana right now as well.

KevinH

« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2012, 10:18:01 AM »

Thanks for the good wishes from everyone!

I ended up buying two 24 packs of small bottles of water at the supermarket, but when I stopped at Rite Aid I checked and they had gallon bottles of distilled water (not spring water) --I guess that's okay.

I got home and realized I forgot to check to see if they had ice!  So I guess I'll venture back out before it get s really bad.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2012, 10:18:48 AM »

And the word of the day is: CANTRIP!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  WITCHCRAFT
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up