Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: PRAY FOR ROSEMARY'S BABY  (Read 26855 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: PRAY FOR ROSEMARY'S BABY
« Reply #120 on: November 03, 2012, 05:52:19 PM »

I considered putting a voice mail saying that I had already mailed my ballot, so please leave me alone.

I actually did mail it last week.

OK, you did do a mail in :)

Jane

« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2012, 05:53:36 PM »

I dropped our ballets in the box outside the library today.  We had intended to mail them yesterday & couldn't get out.  If I had mailed them today they probably would have arrived in time but we figured the box would be safer.  I was in town to get my hair cut anyway.

Jane

« Reply #122 on: November 03, 2012, 05:54:47 PM »

Hi everyone.  Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday. Tonight is my first night at Max' Restaurant in Palo Alto.  I'll be paying and singing some tunes from 6-10.  The playing part is easy, the singing of said tunes I've had to spend time on. So, I have some Carpenters, Neil Sedaka, and some things like that, mostly 70's and I think I'm in good shape for the evening.  I'll check in after and give a report!

GOOD VIBES DR MATTHEW!   I look forward to reading your report.

Jane

« Reply #123 on: November 03, 2012, 05:55:01 PM »

I am off to a wedding celebration. Back later.

Have fun!

Jane

« Reply #124 on: November 03, 2012, 05:59:25 PM »

TOD, the sequel:

Ruth Gordon -- ROSEMARY'S BABY, WHERE'S POPPA?, and WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO AUNT ALICE? -- which I don't recall seeing, but I intend to like her in it when I finally do.  Never warmed up to HAROLD AND MAUDE (only saw bits and pieces on TV back in the day) but might actually give it a try sometime.

WHERE'S POPPA!!  Thank you.  HAROLD AND MAUDE was also a favorite. 

Jane

« Reply #125 on: November 03, 2012, 06:00:31 PM »

TOD, the sequel:

Ruth Gordon -- ROSEMARY'S BABY, WHERE'S POPPA?, and WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO AUNT ALICE? -- which I don't recall seeing, but I intend to like her in it when I finally do.  Never warmed up to HAROLD AND MAUDE (only saw bits and pieces on TV back in the day) but might actually give it a try sometime.

John Cassavetes -- ROSEMARY'S BABY, TWO MINUTE WARNING (I think), HUSBANDS.  Probably more I'm forgetting.

And for a bonus response:  Sidney Blackmer -- ROSEMARY'S BABY and the PREMATURE BURIAL episode of THRILLER.  I feel I've seen him a few other times, am totally blank on what those things are, but wanted to give him a shout-out.

Chas, I think you might enjoy HAROLD AND MAUDE if you gave it a chance.  It is one of those films that you have to just sit back and go with the flow.

That's for sure ;D  WHERE'S POPPA is kind of quirky as well.

Jane

« Reply #126 on: November 03, 2012, 06:00:54 PM »

I like my new Kindle Fire HD tablet, on which I'm typing this  :)

:)

Jane

« Reply #127 on: November 03, 2012, 06:02:00 PM »

From DR ChasSmith:
And don't sweat the internet.  Power and heat are EVERYTHING. 

Water is nice too.  Those with well water lose their water source when they lose power.

To me heat is the most important thing to have as long as I can purchase water.

Yep, I lose water, but when one of these storms is coming I fill the bathtub which holds a LOT.

Heat = The Number One Thing.  Period.

It helps to have advance warning which, in my total experience, hasn't happened very often.

Jane

« Reply #128 on: November 03, 2012, 06:03:09 PM »

Are any of our LA folks familiar with the name Peter Ellenshaw?  He was an artist in the film industry and did a lot of work for Disney.  We were in a gallery last night where I was admiring my friend Pam's paintings and chatting with her and Richard was transfixed with a signed & numbered print of Ellenshaw's "Evensong."  I could just tell that he really wanted it, so I asked if he wanted it for his Christmas present.  Without hesitation he said YES, so I wrote a check to the gallery owner and it's now hanging in our living room:

It is beautiful.

ChasSmith

« Reply #129 on: November 03, 2012, 06:04:14 PM »

DR Jane, I missed it before, very sorry, but if you still need postcards I'm willing to send.  Is it the postmark that matters?  I could mail from CT and NY.

Ginny

« Reply #130 on: November 03, 2012, 06:07:58 PM »

Are any of our LA folks familiar with the name Peter Ellenshaw?  He was an artist in the film industry and did a lot of work for Disney.  We were in a gallery last night where I was admiring my friend Pam's paintings and chatting with her and Richard was transfixed with a signed & numbered print of Ellenshaw's "Evensong."  I could just tell that he really wanted it, so I asked if he wanted it for his Christmas present.  Without hesitation he said YES, so I wrote a check to the gallery owner and it's now hanging in our living room:

It is beautiful.

Thanks, DR Jane!  When we were leaving the art center, an acquaintance asked to see what we'd bought.  She compared it to the work of Thomas Kincade, but I don't think it's as goopy as his.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #131 on: November 03, 2012, 06:28:17 PM »

I don't see the comparison.

Jane

« Reply #132 on: November 03, 2012, 06:30:11 PM »

We were able to get to they Y today.  Even though I was in a rush to swim, return to bake cookies & shower before leaving for the hairdresser, we stopped on our road to watch the turkeys.  I even had Keith attempt to take a photo.  The would no pose and walked behind trees.

There must have been 30 turkeys :o

Ginny

« Reply #133 on: November 03, 2012, 06:32:35 PM »

That's a lot of turkeys!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #134 on: November 03, 2012, 06:35:04 PM »

It sure is!!!

Jane

« Reply #135 on: November 03, 2012, 06:35:57 PM »

We were shocked to see 15 at once.  Then we drove a few feet down the road and saw another 15. 

Jane

« Reply #136 on: November 03, 2012, 06:36:35 PM »

I had a good swim today.  It is always a good swim when I snag the single lane.

Jane

« Reply #137 on: November 03, 2012, 06:38:24 PM »

I've decided I'm going to try and make my hair appointments on Saturday.  My shoulder almost always feels better after I swim, until I wash, dry & flat iron it.  Then I have trouble moving it again.  This evening my shoulder is feeling pretty good from the swim & my hair looks much better than when I do it.

Ginny

« Reply #138 on: November 03, 2012, 06:59:39 PM »

Sounds like a good plan, DR Jane!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #139 on: November 03, 2012, 07:10:11 PM »

Congratulations on your new tablet, DR Doug R!

As the doctor said to the shoplifter:  "Take two tablets and call me in the morning."
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #140 on: November 03, 2012, 07:17:33 PM »

Wonderful!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #141 on: November 03, 2012, 07:21:14 PM »

DR vixmom, the gas stove and fireplace (especially the fireplace) are certainly essential and go a long way toward keeping one not only alive but sane.  

Up to a point.  

With temperatures taking this dip from where we started at the storm, the lack of real heat for any appreciable length of time is something I truly do not know how people deal with.  On Thursday night I had just arranged to jump ship and stay with a friend in a neighboring town, and was contemplating that being my last night trying to get some sleep huddled in a comforter in front of the fireplace, when the power here was mercifully restored.

A good wood burning stove in the fireplace that pushes heat into the room is much better than a regular fireplace.

Night time is the worst time without heat, at least for me.

I would take a gas fireplace anytime.  My beloved Angel burned all four of her paws the time she jumped on the wood stove.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: November 03, 2012, 07:25:11 PM »

Perhaps I should wait until tomorrow when it is free-for-all day, but I am curious as to what style of voting do people have in their areas.  Washington, I believe, has 100% mail in ballots, there are the old-fashioned polling places open for one day only, and more and more I hear about early voting available at polling places.  I was just curious.

I would think you qualify for a mail in ballot. 

Everybody in Washington gets a mail in ballot.  I guess the entire state is disabled.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #143 on: November 03, 2012, 07:28:59 PM »

It is beautiful.

Thanks, DR Jane!  When we were leaving the art center, an acquaintance asked to see what we'd bought.  She compared it to the work of Thomas Kincade, but I don't think it's as goopy as his.

Goopy?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #144 on: November 03, 2012, 07:32:18 PM »

I've decided I'm going to try and make my hair appointments on Saturday.  My shoulder almost always feels better after I swim, until I wash, dry & flat iron it.  Then I have trouble moving it again.  This evening my shoulder is feeling pretty good from the swim & my hair looks much better than when I do it.

I wouldn't think it would be very good to flat iron your shoulder.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #145 on: November 03, 2012, 07:39:50 PM »

It is beautiful.

Goopy?

My made-up word for overly sweet and sentimental...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: November 03, 2012, 07:56:19 PM »

Wonderful rehearsal, wonderful signing (and full up) and wonderful meal at Genghis Cohen.  Must now sit on my couch like so much fish.

Ginny

« Reply #147 on: November 03, 2012, 08:00:24 PM »

Well, I must begin resetting our clocks and get ready for tomorrow.  I'm not going to Lima because Rob and Mary Linda are being received into membership at their church and I want to be there.  Fr. Richard will have to deliver the cookies I'm providing for the annual meeting in Lima.

Ginny

« Reply #148 on: November 03, 2012, 08:00:40 PM »

'night!

Cillaliz

« Reply #149 on: November 03, 2012, 08:16:44 PM »

It's called fire but I doubt it would keep you warm if the heat was out ;)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up