Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: QUESTION ME AN ANSWER  (Read 18425 times)

Cillaliz

Re: QUESTION ME AN ANSWER
« Reply #150 on: November 14, 2012, 09:28:34 PM »

Between a C flute and a piccolo

Cillaliz

« Reply #151 on: November 14, 2012, 09:28:50 PM »

Ta da

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #152 on: November 14, 2012, 09:35:04 PM »

Congratulations, Cilla, you got us here.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #153 on: November 14, 2012, 10:11:12 PM »

The landlord's cat has been sitting on my balcony since about 4:30 this afternoon.  She has been driving Nicky crazy, and in turn, he has driven me crazy!!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #154 on: November 14, 2012, 10:19:21 PM »

Strangely, I am at a loss for words this evening (or even a joke or two).  I hope that whatever BK decides to do about OUTSIDE THE BOX, that it will turn out for the best.  Great humor needs to be shared.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #155 on: November 14, 2012, 10:20:23 PM »

Well. my work here is done.

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: November 14, 2012, 10:36:52 PM »

Back from rehearsal - for me, basically just watching what Kay has done and figuring out my shooting plan.  I made only a couple of tiny suggestions, but the numbers look great.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: November 14, 2012, 10:38:44 PM »

All I know about B'way World is that the other series they do tripled their You Tube views - they were basically in the same boat as us.  If they're trumpeting something regularly it goes right in their headlines, which are easy to see.  And people who use the site understand it.  And I just don't see how we can do worse than we're doing on You Tube.  If the season premiere had a couple thousand views I might see the point of staying.  And, if I'm ultimately not happy at B'way World I can leave after season two.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #158 on: November 15, 2012, 12:02:02 AM »

Here's what we're thinking: If I decide yay we would make an immediate press release announcement, probably on Sunday night (Monday is their biggest traffic day) and they would immediately air all of season one and the first episode of season two.  We'd begin the exclusive with episode two.  I'm just not that interested in getting less than 800 views for this on You Tube.  It's pathetic.  Part of the problem is Facebook - any views by people who watch it there rather than clicking through don't count.  Then again, I really don't think that many on Facebook are watching.  I have close to 3000 "friends" and I'd guess maybe twenty of them have seen it.  That, too, is pathetic.  It's because many of the people there are so full of only themselves they never look at anything that doesn't involve them.  I could name any number of people I've given a HUGE amount of work to who never bother with my stuff, never "like" it, never comment.  Either our posts are falling off their news feeds too quickly or it's just not about them so why bother.  With Broadway World, you're starting with a LOT of traffic.  That's not to say we'll get all those people, but at least we'll have a real PRESENCE there every day, every week and we'll have to do better than we're doing on You Tube.  The most pathetic, unfunny tripe on You Tube sometimes gets hundreds of thousands of hits - it's an enigma.  Maybe I'm just too dumb to understand how it all works but B'way World isn't dumb in terms of promotion.  The ONLY way our video would have a commercial is if they find a sponsor who loves our show - and if that happens, there's actual money paid to us, so that's okay by me, and I think the commercials can be skipped if I'm remembering correctly - or maybe I'm thinking of somewhere else.  Anyway, I'm leaning towards saying yes tomorrow.

Seems like, even though Broadway World is pretty cluttered, it would be better for the series.  As long as WE get notified, I'm sure that we'll all adjust accordingly. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #159 on: November 15, 2012, 12:03:40 AM »

And I just ordered Rocky: The Musical, the world premiere cast recording (my designation)...it's from Germany and in German!

My sympathies!

Well, the score is written by Ahrens and Flaherty (who I love), so it can't be all bad. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #160 on: November 15, 2012, 12:04:16 AM »

And I just ordered Rocky: The Musical, the world premiere cast recording (my designation)...it's from Germany and in German!
I would like a full report, bitte. (That's Deutsch for please.)

I will!  I don't know how long it'll take to get here, though.

George

« Reply #161 on: November 15, 2012, 12:05:00 AM »

I would like a full report, bitte. (That's Deutsch for please.)

You are assuming that George will still be in his right mind when he has finished listening to the entire CD.

Please see my comment above about loving Ahrens & Flaherty. ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: November 15, 2012, 12:12:33 AM »

It won't really be any different than going to You Tube.  There will be a simple link to follow, just like when I post a You Tube link - it works exactly the same way - same with posting it on Facebook - you just end up at a different destination.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up