Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT  (Read 21349 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT
« Reply #150 on: November 19, 2012, 08:22:04 PM »

Six!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #151 on: November 19, 2012, 08:22:33 PM »

Beautiful photos, DR Laura. They added a note of serenity that I needed today.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #152 on: November 19, 2012, 08:43:28 PM »

Actually some friends brought a savory cheesecake to the party Saturday. It was green chile cheesecake on a blue corn crust. They were served in cupcake wrappers with a dollop of chile jam on top. Sweet-spicy and wonderful. I may have to make those soon.

I'm sorry, no way.  :P ;D

I agree...that would not go well at my family's get-together, at all. :-X
It's not a dessert. It's a side dish to the main course.

I figured that, but I still don't think my family would like it.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

« Reply #153 on: November 19, 2012, 09:12:21 PM »

Got another 10-hour work day tomorrow. And I'm fading. Night, all.
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #154 on: November 19, 2012, 09:27:17 PM »

Yes -- Kenneth Nelson and Lesley Stewart, and it was directed by him.  Coconut Grove Playhouse, July 1965.

Is that "directed by him" as in directed by Kenneth Nelson, or as in directed by Anthony Newley?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: November 19, 2012, 09:56:16 PM »

Back from a fun dinner and evening with the Staitman family.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: November 19, 2012, 10:06:28 PM »

However, prior to leaving I checked my paypal account, which seemed a bit light given the orders that have come in today, so I paged back a few pages and sure enough they took the money from the fraudulent charge, which they'd put back into my account on Friday night.  Yes, they took it OUT of my account.  I think you can imagine how fast I was on the phone to Paypal.  The gal I talked to got the debit card department on the phone, but instead of switching me there, she told me that I'd be receiving an e-mail in which I had to confirm the events and explain what happened.  I EXPLAINED that I had already EXPLAINED what happened on Friday, which is why they put the money back into my account in the first place.  Then she said once I'd responded to the e-mail then the investigation would happen and the money would be put back into my account at some indeterminate time.  I told her I was done speaking to her, and to switch me to the card department at once.  This she did.  I asked her to get me right to a supervisor.  This she did not.  The fellow I got began to give me that same line and I shut him down instantly and told him not to waste one MINUTE of my time and to put a supervisor on.  Once the supervisor came on I calmly said, "Let me tell you how this is going down.  You are putting MY money back into MY account right now - there is no discussion and I am not getting off the phone until you do.  I am the VICTIM here.  You can send me any e-mail you want and I'm happy to answer any questions you need answers, but you have ALL the fact and you've had them since Friday and how DARE you take this money from my account knowing it was a fraudulent charge that you allowed to then go through."  He said, "Go ahead and refresh your screen" I did and the money was back.  He asked me to please respond to the e-mail he was going to send and I said I would but again told him that I gave every piece of information on Friday and there would be no new information.  I got the e-mail and responded VERY strongly to each and every point, most of the responses being variations on "When the fraudulent charge was made in BROOKLYN, NEW YORK, I was making a legitimate charge in NORTH HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA, and since that is WHERE I LIVE, it would not be possible for me to get to BROOKLYN, NEW YORK one minute later to make a four hundred dollar charge at some liquor store.  At the end of the e-mail was the bit about the return of the money being "provisional" until the case is closed - I said "There is NOTHING provisional about the return of the money."  Someone stole my debit card number and made a fraudulent charge, a police report has been filed, you've killed the card and are issuing a new one.  The End and I MEAN The End."  I sent it and that had better be the end of THAT.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #157 on: November 19, 2012, 10:18:29 PM »

Sorry, I had a long day at therapy.  I will post tomorrow.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up