Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: STUFFED  (Read 16652 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re: STUFFED
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2012, 08:08:52 AM »

I am currenlty borrowing the Vixters computer but since she has final exams papers etc due it will not be available to me so you may not be hearing much from me for the next week or more until I can get a new one

I will have lost everything  so everyone get ready to sned me you addressess for Christmas cards once I get my computer back
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2012, 08:12:44 AM »

Vixter had to work yesterday, Vixdad my parents and I went to my brothers house  where his inlaws also gathered

My SIL and her Mom were both coughing up a storm and sai they had been sick all week.... they did all the cooking

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO we are all expecting to come down with the plague -  I already have a sore throat

wouldn't you think that they could have called and said look we're sick -  we cannot host Thanksgiving?  I would have gladly   done the cooking instead

vixmom

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2012, 08:13:23 AM »

SO  to sum up .... my TDay

1  dead computer

plague

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2012, 08:18:51 AM »

TOD:

BUTTER
You can dream…or you can do.

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2012, 08:19:07 AM »

DR Vixmom, I wish you could rewind to Wednesday and have a do-over!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2012, 08:20:41 AM »

BK,

Bill Hayes is a terrific guy and a fabulous performer.

Saw him do BYE, BYE BIRDIE at the Orpheum in Seattle.

When I was representing Abe Vigoda, I set up a photo session for some magazine in which Hayes was teaching Abe how to tap dance.
You can dream…or you can do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2012, 08:23:30 AM »

Oh no DR VIX MOM....time for a new one!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2012, 08:25:50 AM »

Mr Bill Hayes was of course also in the original Broadway cast of Me And Juliet!

And he sang The Ballad of Davy Crockett!!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

KevinH

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2012, 08:28:35 AM »

Greetings from Buffalo.  It was very mild yesterday, but the temperature is going down and snow is in the forecast for tomorrow. 

KevinH

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2012, 08:30:05 AM »

It's good to see you still have your sense of humor, DR vixmom!

Doug R

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2012, 08:30:18 AM »

I've never understood the term "Black Friday," since the color black implies grief or disaster or horror, and since this is a huge day for profiteers, why isn't it "Capitalist Friday" or "Big Bucks Friday"?

Amazon.co.uk and some other on-line retailers have now started to import "Black Friday" to the UK, which seems an odd thing to do, especially as there is no holiday at this time of year. Many people here must be totally baffled by what the expression means.

KevinH

« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2012, 08:31:54 AM »

My sister and I are thinking  about going to Kohl's.  We have a new great-nephew, so we're going to get something for him.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2012, 09:10:31 AM »

SO  to sum up .... my TDay

1  dead computer

plague
Or a real turkey?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2012, 09:21:21 AM »

Great Filichia on Friday today about the new Kurt Weill-Lotta Lenya book. WIll have to look for that.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2012, 09:27:19 AM »

Well, DR vixmom, that's a couple of fine how-de-do's.

Sorry to hear about the laptop.  But coughing up a storm into all the Thanksgiving foods?  O. M. G.

Jennifer

« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2012, 09:40:58 AM »

I'm so sorry DR Vixmom! :(

Jennifer

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2012, 09:42:40 AM »

They are doing some Black Friday sales here too. But not like what I imagine the US to be like.

Our big shopping day is Boxing Day. That is actually my favorite shopping day of the year!

Jennifer

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2012, 09:43:13 AM »

DR Vixmom I cannot believe that people would be so sick and not let you know in advance. Maybe you don't want sick people touching your food or spreading germs. :(

Jennifer

« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2012, 09:43:33 AM »

Hopefully DR Vixmom will not get sick!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FJL

« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2012, 10:05:46 AM »

Healthy thoughts to vixmom and family

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2012, 10:08:41 AM »

Great Filichia on Friday today about the new Kurt Weill-Lotta Lenya book. WIll have to look for that.

The author is Mr Scumbag himself, Ethan Mordden. I'm sure it's full of his twee little comments.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2012, 10:12:42 AM »

I am having a really piece-a-crap day trying to order holiday gifts from Godiva; their checkout system is impossible; on top of that in the 35 or so minutes it took me to enter addresses and get to the actual checkout, a "special" item usually selling for $70 but on sale for $50 went back to full price.  When I called customer service to inquire, I was told the "special" ended at 11am! I'm no longer ordering 5 of those.

Eat s#@t and die, Godiva!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2012, 10:17:55 AM »

Did you ask for a supervisor, Larry?  if they knew you wanted five maybe they'd try to help you out.

John G.

« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2012, 10:24:49 AM »

The author is Mr Scumbag himself, Ethan Mordden. I'm sure it's full of his twee little comments.
You know it. I don't know what he's like personally (you can share all the stories you like), but twee is quite an apt description of some of his theater books. He gets so wrapped up in his own insight that I really couldn't use much of what he had to say in any of my papers. Still, I find the odd anecdote here and there amusing.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2012, 10:42:09 AM »

You know it. I don't know what he's like personally (you can share all the stories you like), but twee is quite an apt description of some of his theater books. He gets so wrapped up in his own insight that I really couldn't use much of what he had to say in any of my papers. Still, I find the odd anecdote here and there amusing.

There isn't much insight because he's so convinced of his own genius that he does poor fact checks, so his books have errors, from casting to cut numbers, and he seems to delight in praising second rate revivals of first rate shows he didn't see.  I also get tired of his ultra-conservatise outlook; his appraisal of RAGTIME is insane..  I do think it's funny that he uses a book photo that's at least thirty years old.  He's such a troll, a bridge should be built over him.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 10:43:51 AM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2012, 10:45:35 AM »

Did you ask for a supervisor, Larry?  if they knew you wanted five maybe they'd try to help you out.

No, I was too angry over the whole mess with checkout and the fact they've removed their "ship by" date. I don't want 10 Christms gifts arriving next week.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2012, 11:05:22 AM »

And the word of the day is: ELYSIAN!

And The Song Of The Day Is:   HAPPINESS

John G.

« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2012, 11:08:39 AM »

There isn't much insight because he's so convinced of his own genius that he does poor fact checks, so his books have errors, from casting to cut numbers, and he seems to delight in praising second rate revivals of first rate shows he didn't see.  I also get tired of his ultra-conservatise outlook; his appraisal of RAGTIME is insane..  I do think it's funny that he uses a book photo that's at least thirty years old.  He's such a troll, a bridge should be built over him.

LOL. A memorial bridge?

And yes, I remember trying to glean something, any thing from his thoughts on "Company." He spent way too much time and energy on his seating for a Westbury, Conn., production of the show with Vivian Blaine. He offered little insight but made it seem as if his were the only opinion worth considering. I think I ended up using half of a sentence in a 50-page paper.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2012, 11:08:48 AM »

Can we get off page two?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2012, 11:08:56 AM »

One.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up