Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: EPISODE TWO - UP AND RUNNING  (Read 21407 times)

ChasSmith

Re: EPISODE TWO - UP AND RUNNING
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2012, 08:57:15 AM »

Ladies and Gentleman,...

Page 2.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2012, 08:58:51 AM »

Page 2 pancake dance

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2012, 09:06:20 AM »

It is kind of amusing when some of these companies that sell "seconds" and junk deicde to have a Black Friday Sale.  It is kind of like having a Cyber Monday Sale at the Goodwill.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2012, 09:06:43 AM »

TOD:

Days Gone By
Perspective

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2012, 09:06:57 AM »

And of course those songs already mentioned.

Jennifer

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2012, 09:33:08 AM »

I watched the latest episode of Outside the Box and enjoyed it. Although I have never seen Taxi Driver. Although I am familiar with the "You Talkin to Me" scene.

Jennifer

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2012, 09:34:27 AM »

I don't think that it's necessary for you to ask people to say if they didn't like the episode. Just ask people to comment when they've seen it. If they comment great. But if they don't comment then I wouldn't worry about it.

Jennifer

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2012, 09:34:47 AM »

I do like when there are 3 musical numbers vs 1.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2012, 10:11:57 AM »

I'm up and waiting to hear from the East Coast Singer about our cross-country rehearsal.

Doug R

« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2012, 10:20:01 AM »

OK. I have been seeing "Outside the Box" but it's not my sort of humour. I think one needs to have an affinity with musical theatre to really appreciate it, which is something I don't have. Sorry!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2012, 10:31:06 AM »

Lindsay Lohan was very good in "The Parent Trap" remake...when she was, what? -- 11 or 12?

Didn't see that, but I thought she was kind of sweet and charming in the Prairie Home Companion movie, and that's my only moment of liking her that I can recall.
Mine, too.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2012, 10:40:45 AM »

Good morning! Off to get my wonky glasses fixed & spread some pumpkin cheesecake cheer.
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

Matthew

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2012, 10:44:09 AM »

Ok, got some music written and now I'm off to the shower and to the Home Depot.  There's a donut shop nearby the Home Depot, I may have to go there, as well as the Dollar Store...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2012, 11:02:55 AM »

Did your Face Time test, which was a success, so now I have some time to do errands and eat before two o'clock, which is when rehearsal will begin.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2012, 11:09:04 AM »

Are you talkin' to Me-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e...?

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2012, 11:10:28 AM »

OK. I have been seeing "Outside the Box" but it's not my sort of humour. I think one needs to have an affinity with musical theatre to really appreciate it, which is something I don't have. Sorry!

There's no need to be sorry - humor is subjective.

I think it would be good to recount a little story Jason Robert Brown has been telling for a decade now.  He and a friend, both aspiring composers, contacted Sondheim, their idol.  He chatted with them and then arranged house seats for them to see his latest (presumably Passion).  They were to meet their idol after the show, to dine.  Apparently they really didn't like the show.  They went to dinner and talked about everything BUT the show.  As the evening went along, Mr. Sondheim was getting clearly irritated, more and more so as the minutes went by.  He finally forced the issue and they told him they hadn't cared for it.  And he lit into them, saying that the only thing an artist needs to hear after someone sees their work is "Good job" or "I liked it."  That's it.  Steve felt and feels this is when an artist is at his or her most vulnerable and it doesn't really matter if it's a white lie or not.  Just a "Good job" and move on.  That was my point yesterday - there's an elephant in the room here.  Graciousness is a wonderful trait and I've also had to learn the hard way that it's the better road to take.  It was not my intention to make anyone uncomfortable, but there are human beings here with feelings.  Doug's response here is fine - he doesn't respond to musical theater stuff - that's easy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2012, 11:12:06 AM »

Wow, we're already up over 5,000 views.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2012, 12:07:38 PM »

5000 views.

Matthew

« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2012, 12:14:03 PM »

I think it would be good to recount a little story Jason Robert Brown has been telling for a decade now.  He and a friend, both aspiring composers, contacted Sondheim, their idol.  He chatted with them and then arranged house seats for them to see his latest (presumably Passion).  They were to meet their idol after the show, to dine.  Apparently they really didn't like the show.  They went to dinner and talked about everything BUT the show.  As the evening went along, Mr. Sondheim was getting clearly irritated, more and more so as the minutes went by.  He finally forced the issue and they told him they hadn't cared for it.  And he lit into them, saying that the only thing an artist needs to hear after someone sees their work is "Good job" or "I liked it."  That's it.  Steve felt and feels this is when an artist is at his or her most vulnerable and it doesn't really matter if it's a white lie or not.  Just a "Good job" and move on.  That was my point yesterday - there's an elephant in the room here.  Graciousness is a wonderful trait and I've also had to learn the hard way that it's the better road to take.  It was not my intention to make anyone uncomfortable, but there are human beings here with feelings.  Doug's response here is fine - he doesn't respond to musical theater stuff - that's easy.

I don't know what it is, but somewhere down the road, being gracious and polite about people's work has gone by the way side.  Part of me thinks it comes with the sense of entitlement that people can say whatever they want to whomever they want whatever the consequences may be - almost like they are too "good" for these consequences to matter.  IMHO, no one is exempt from this, and it was correct for Mr Sondheim to give it to them.  Whatever happened to class?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 12:28:24 PM by Matthew »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2012, 12:21:45 PM »

And of course those songs already mentioned.

Umm...ditto. ::)

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2012, 12:24:43 PM »

Slow Monday. Antsy Monday. Tired Monday.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2012, 12:25:17 PM »

I am home, forgot to go to the bank, need to hit the market, and my package from Amazon has arrived. Hooray.

It took me from 11:15 to almost 2:00pm to proof the Overture to It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman; Eddie Sauter's handwriting is a bitch to read. I told Joshie I'd be back on Wednesday to continue.

I think I'll head to market now.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2012, 12:30:14 PM »

I don't know what it is, but somewhere down the road, being gracious and polite about people's work has gone by the way side.  Part of me thinks it comes with the sense of entitlement that people can say whatever they want to whomever they want whatever the consequences may be - almost like they are too "good" for these consequences to matter.  IMHO, no one is exempt from this, and it was correct for Mr Sondheim to give it to them.  Whatever happened to class?

I don't agree. Yes people should be gracious. They were going to be gracious and not say that they didn't like it.  I don't think you should push people and then expect them to lie. 

Jennifer

« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2012, 12:31:26 PM »

Mary Poppins was enjoyable. My niece loved it. She said it was better than the Lion King and Shrek.

After the show they did a speech for BC/EFA and they had some things they were giving away for donations. Everybody seemed to want the plastic bracelets ($5). They were really cute.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2012, 12:42:27 PM »

Saturday night I watched the last hour or so of GYPSY on TCM.  In the dressing room at the burlesque house - I could swear there is a poster with a caricature of Ethel Merman on the wall.....has anyone else noticed it?

I can't find a still or capture of it online.....

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2012, 01:20:29 PM »

I've ordered both "Gypsy" and "DeathTrap" on Blu Ray disc from Warner Archives.   They were ordered at the time they were announced.  They were supposed to street a week ago tomorrow.

My copies were shipped Friday.

Amazon.com spoils me.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2012, 01:20:46 PM »

Let's get this forum to page 3, shall we!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2012, 01:20:57 PM »

Just a few more steps until we're there.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2012, 01:21:13 PM »

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2012, 01:21:27 PM »

When I got there, however, I had forgotten the funny thing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up