Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: PUMMELED BY AN EMU  (Read 27214 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: PUMMELED BY AN EMU
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2012, 12:01:00 PM »

And that does it, I think.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2012, 12:01:15 PM »

Yep....

...Page 3!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2012, 12:11:17 PM »

I am home from a nice visit withPaul Byrom, Niall, and his uncle who's here for a dentistry/medical convention at the Javitz Center.

Since returning, I have put 5 large containers of soup into the freezer and cleaned the stove and all pots and pans. I will now run to the market and, when I return, vacuum the apartment.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2012, 01:04:06 PM »

Help me understand something:

A couple of years back, when Peter Jackson was not only producing "The Hobbit" but was taking over the reins as director, the plan was for two films to be made from the one book.

Now I'm given to understand there are THREE films from this one book?  THREE?  Seriously?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2012, 01:05:04 PM »

I always vacuum before I go out.  That way, all the dust settles by the time I get back in!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2012, 01:35:42 PM »

Well, it seems I get to go to the employee appreciation party tonight for the company I'm leaving Friday and the Christmas party for the new company next Saturday.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2012, 01:52:56 PM »

Help me understand something:

A couple of years back, when Peter Jackson was not only producing "The Hobbit" but was taking over the reins as director, the plan was for two films to be made from the one book.

Now I'm given to understand there are THREE films from this one book?  THREE?  Seriously?

I've been wondering about that, too, but haven't bothered to investigate.  It sounds absurd.

ChasSmith

« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2012, 01:53:57 PM »

Well, it seems I get to go to the employee appreciation party tonight for the company I'm leaving Friday and the Christmas party for the new company next Saturday.

Let's see which one has the best food and drink.

MBarnum

« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2012, 02:25:00 PM »

DR JohnG, many congrats on getting the job!!!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2012, 02:25:27 PM »

You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2012, 02:27:54 PM »

Why can't I upload a 72K pix?
You can dream…or you can do.

Ben

« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2012, 02:32:29 PM »

Most likely because the uploader is full. You can't upload pictures directly to the site anymore. You have to use Photobucket or some other host site. If the uploader gets emptied you will be able to post a picture but until then it won't work.

Ginny

« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2012, 02:36:23 PM »

Sympathies to DR Laura and all who love Ruby...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2012, 02:37:41 PM »

Because I've been up since before 6:30am, I just took a 2-hour nap in my chair.  At least I'm not walking into door frames anymore!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2012, 02:40:43 PM »

Condolences, DR Laura.

ChasSmith

« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2012, 02:44:28 PM »

Tonight I take the last Doxycycline, thank the Ye Gods.  Has it really been 30 days?  Seems like 30 weeks.  Tomorrow, dairy products.  Just because I can.

John G.

« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2012, 02:48:50 PM »

DR JohnG, many congrats on getting the job!!!
Thank you, MBarnum.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2012, 02:49:12 PM »

Tonight I take the last Doxycycline, thank the Ye Gods.  Has it really been 30 days?  Seems like 30 weeks.  Tomorrow, dairy products.  Just because I can.
And ice cream. Just because you can.
― Voltaire

Michael

« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2012, 02:53:21 PM »

You can also submit  Outside The Box for an Emmy. I believe there is a category for it now.

The category is

Outstanding Special Class - Short-format Live-Action Entertainment Programs
Never stop dreaming.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2012, 02:57:18 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Back from a fun lunch with BK. Listening now to THIS CHRISTMAS. Really enjoyed BE A SANTA. Very nice album. A couple great pics of you, Bruce. And my neighbor was very pleased to get the autograph. Thanks, BK.

More later. Want to listen to the CD.

John G.

« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2012, 02:57:58 PM »

Has everybody bought their PowerBall tickets?
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2012, 03:00:51 PM »

ChasSmith, Amazon Prime is incredible and more than pays for itself if you order from them a lot.  It's free two-day shipping on anything, and you usually get pre-orders on release day no matter what.  And add to that that you can watch any movie on their site for free - just well worth it.

Michael

« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2012, 03:01:29 PM »

Has everybody bought their PowerBall tickets?

I think I'll buy one or two. A Half billion is not too bad
Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2012, 03:05:04 PM »

What a day!  As mentioned in the notes, I've been having a devil of a time falling asleep before three, and that was certainly the case last night, once again.  Once asleep, however I slept until the phone rang - and that was 11:50.  I couldn't believe it.  I had to to meet dear reader Jeanne at 12:30.  I was out of the house in eight minutes flat, but then had to fill the motor car up with gas.  Timing was on my side going to Beverly Glen - got there very fast, but was behind slow drivers until the road splits into two lanes.  Then I zoomed past Mulholland and was zooming along when an Acura turned right and got in front of me - that they had to do very quickly.  After that, however, they were going about fifteen miles an hour all the way down, past Sunset towards Wilshire at which point I finally got around the fool.  Then I zoomed all the way down to Olympic, turned right, turned left, zoomed down to Pico and got to the restaurant to find no street parking in front, so I had to park a block away.  With ALL of that, I was only five minutes late - pretty good!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2012, 03:05:11 PM »

Thank you DR's Ginny & George.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2012, 03:05:37 PM »

From DR TCB:
Sorry,  I thought it could make an interesting fictional biography.

Apparently it did ;D

Jane

« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2012, 03:06:38 PM »

Thank you DR Jeanne.

I feel energized today.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2012, 03:11:49 PM »

Lunch was quite lovely and Jeanne is a wonderful conversationalist.  I was still a bit groggy until I got some Diet Coke in me.  I had a Panini sandwich consisting of salami, pepperoni and provolone.  It was small but very good - if one gets that kind of sandwich at the Subway (spicy Eyetalian) in the footlong size it's over 900 calories, but that's with eight pieces of salami and eight pieces of pepperoni.  Here there were only two slices of each and the sandwich was like having a six-inch size, so I have to assume the sandwich itself was under 500 calories - with it I had a tiny side salad - all very good.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2012, 03:12:09 PM »

DR Jane wrote:
That reminds me, I still need to read CATCH ME.  It still isn't available at my library as an eBook, guess I'll buy it.

Can you request/suggest ebooks? I'd think it would work the same way as regular books. And do they have the other books as ebooks?

Also, is it really that bad on your shoulder that you can't read any hardcovers? Even if you lean them against something? I know I usually use my bagabook. BUt even without it, I don't find I have to hold the hardcovers much.

Unfortunately yes.  It would be ok if I didn't do most of my reading in bed with the light out.  I even rest the Nook on top of me while I read or roll on my side with it on the bed.

It is my understanding that it is the publisher's who have decided not to sell certain eBooks to the libraries.  I could ask about this.  Our library eBooks are a statewide library service vs through our individual ones so I'm not sure how I could request a book. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2012, 03:12:29 PM »

Then I zoomed home, stopped at the mail place and picked up one lonely package, which contained the new Blu and Rays of Gypsy and Deathtrap, so I've got my viewing for the evening.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up