Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ENERGIZED ME  (Read 16482 times)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
Re:THE ENERGIZED ME
« Reply #120 on: July 15, 2004, 11:09:33 PM »

...frenzy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #121 on: July 15, 2004, 11:09:47 PM »

Now to begin a frenzy!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #122 on: July 15, 2004, 11:10:04 PM »

And one for Mahler.

Tomovoz

« Reply #123 on: July 15, 2004, 11:10:24 PM »

Panni started the frenzy before me. Age slows me down so much these days.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2004, 11:10:50 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #124 on: July 15, 2004, 11:10:59 PM »

Oh good! Tom is here for frenzy Aussie style.

Panni

« Reply #125 on: July 15, 2004, 11:12:00 PM »

You're never too old to frenzy, Tom. And you're a day ahead!

Tomovoz

« Reply #126 on: July 15, 2004, 11:12:55 PM »

I shall "name drop" over the coming weeks that I know a voter for the Emmy Awards. What a pity there was not "Six Feet Under" for the season. I could have tried undue influence or whatever. One of my favourite shows of all time. We have just finished rewatching Series One on DVD. I think Series 2 was issued this week - hope it soon here as well.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2004, 11:14:04 PM »

So is my frenzy wasted?-  I am writing tomorow instead of today.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2004, 11:15:32 PM »

Or is that I am writing yesterday. Had I written "Yesterday" I would be wealthy. Does Michael Jackson own the song these days? I loved its original title - "Scrambled Eggs".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2004, 11:16:32 PM »

DR Panni - there are more people to join the frenzy. We are saved from overwork. (Never been guilty of that one!).
James Thurber 1957

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #130 on: July 15, 2004, 11:18:19 PM »

I am back.

I have now been to two concerts at the Hollywood Bowl since its new shell made its debut, and here are my comments:

The good news:  

Unlike the old shell, all the players can now fit under the shell, which is a very good thing for the players and their instruments, especially during inclement weather.

I understand that the players can now hear themselves quite well, which was not the case previously.

Sound and lighting equipment are now integrated into the structure, which is more pleasing visually than the previous hodge-podge.

The gestalt of arriving early to picnic (some folks go to elaborate lengths!), the friendliness and diversity of the crowds and listening to a live concert under the stars remains one of the best experiences to be had in Los Angeles.

The bad news:

I detect no difference in the acoustics out front.  Tinny highs, muffled lows, generally muddled middles.  The orchestra sounds distant, reinforced psychologically, I believe, by their appearance.  With the larger shell, they are seated further from the audience and the highest point of the shell is considerably higher than the old one, so there's a whole lot more headroom than in the past.

Still sitting on the fence:  

There are four jumbotron type screens now, which allow people sitting further back the opportunity to see what's happening on stage in close up.  I haven't decided yet whether this is a good thing or a distraction.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Tomovoz

« Reply #131 on: July 15, 2004, 11:19:25 PM »

I have spend the past hour recording some old 45's to tape. They shall then be transfered to CD and "cleaned up". I think the newest of the recordings was 1967 - all Australian artists. One track was "Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport". Another gem was the "answer" to "My Boomerang Won't Come Back". I love my childhood.
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #132 on: July 15, 2004, 11:21:43 PM »

A good frenzy is never wasted. Yes, it's a shame that SIX FEET UNDER is not in competition this year.
I'm afraid the show is not as good so far this season as it has been in the past. Don't know what the problem is. But I agree that until now it's been superb.
I don't know if you've yet seen the very important character of Lisa in your viewing. (Played by Lili Taylor.) Discovered the other day in an ad on the back of a bus that the surname of her character was "Kimmel"...  To quote DR Jose..."Hmmmmm."

Tomovoz

« Reply #133 on: July 15, 2004, 11:21:45 PM »

Is it less expensive to sit on the fence at these concerts DR Jay. I'm not sure I could last for very long. (despite my incredibly well-balanced personality).
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #134 on: July 15, 2004, 11:23:00 PM »

Was that Lisa  - the wife of Nate?
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: July 15, 2004, 11:23:22 PM »

Thank goodness, a little frenzy.  Thank goodness we won't achieve a new low.  It's strange to me, what with the return of elmore, that we've had some pretty low posting days.  Who is among the missing, I wonder?  Tell me and I shall prepare the bitch-slap machine.

Tomovoz

« Reply #136 on: July 15, 2004, 11:24:07 PM »

We are now not in trouble. Frenzy has won the day.
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #137 on: July 15, 2004, 11:24:47 PM »

Glad DR Jay has joined the frenzy. I'm too tired to go on much longer.
Aren't there George Eads fans here? He's been fired.

Tomovoz

« Reply #138 on: July 15, 2004, 11:25:38 PM »

DR François will be back next week. All will be well BK. We just need to discuss things Disney next Friday (or Thursday!).
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #139 on: July 15, 2004, 11:28:10 PM »

Tried to quote, but it wouldn't work. Yes, Lisa was the wife of Nate. On the back of the bus she was called "Lisa Kimmel Fisher."

Tomovoz

« Reply #140 on: July 15, 2004, 11:28:36 PM »

I wonder how many readers realise just how much about the Disney world is known by our French expert. He did work at Disney World and also has a background connected with animation. (He worked in Canada for a while). His "hobby" is DISNEY.
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #141 on: July 15, 2004, 11:29:17 PM »

Okay, we've saved the day. My work here is done. Good-night, all.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #142 on: July 15, 2004, 11:30:23 PM »

Sorry.  I only have enough energy for a fre.

'Tis time to bid adieu...

To yieu and yieu and yieu.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Tomovoz

« Reply #143 on: July 15, 2004, 11:31:24 PM »

Thank you DR Panni. The current season has yet to start here. I hope they are wise enough to end the series if it not as good. It has been a remarkable series in which we have really been allowed to see characters grow. The mother and daughter are just such well written characters.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #144 on: July 15, 2004, 11:32:53 PM »

Good night all. (and to the sundried as well).
Back later (or is that earlier).
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #145 on: July 15, 2004, 11:53:09 PM »

I'm practically all alone, but not entirely:  Hi BK!  Hi Jed!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: July 15, 2004, 11:55:54 PM »

Hi, George.  We used to have some denizens around these here parts, but we're the only denizens left because the world is filled with WUSSBURGERS.

George

« Reply #147 on: July 15, 2004, 11:56:56 PM »

This evening after work, I went (with family) to Olympia's "Lake Fair."  It's a yearly celebration the week after the 4th of July weekend.  There are rides (on which I did not get) and food (of which I had much).  Most of the food booths are locally owned, and one in particular, has "The Demo-Burger" (NOT to be confused with a Wussburger)!  It's a fund raiser for local and state Democratic candidates.  Every year at Lake Fair and The Evergreen State College's "Super Saturday" (which celebrates Evergreen's graduation), I must have a Demo-Burger.  I have fulfilled my duty!  Until next year!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2004, 11:58:17 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #148 on: July 16, 2004, 12:00:21 AM »

I also had a Jumbo Canadian Hot Dog, a Hot Fudge Sundae Brownie (with walnuts for 25˘ extra), a HUGE basket of fries with too much ketchup (or catsup, if you prefer) and part of a mocha ice cream cake.  Yes, much food was had by all!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up