Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: CROOKED NOTES  (Read 15604 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:CROOKED NOTES
« Reply #120 on: July 24, 2004, 09:13:17 PM »

As it happens, Panni, we sell cartridges at the store, ten per box, which charge bottles of water with CO2.  There's another cartridge for charging cream, I'm not sure what's in them, probably just oxygen.  They come ten cartidges per box; I'll check on how much the box costs.

I'll also check on what the bottles that hold the water cost.
The cartridges for seltzer, CO2, cost $3.50.

The cartridges for creme, N2O, cost $7.99.

We don't carry the bottles that hold the water, or the cream.  Which strikes me as a strange contradiction, but there it is.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #121 on: July 24, 2004, 09:16:41 PM »

Page Five Dance:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=40]CZARDAS![/size][/move]
« Last Edit: July 24, 2004, 09:18:03 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #122 on: July 24, 2004, 09:20:03 PM »

Favorite cocktail:  Negroni.  

One part gin (Beefeaters is my preference), one part Compari, one part sweet vermouth, dash of bitters.  Shake with chipped ice and strain into martini glass.  Serve with slice of orange or lemon twist.
Negatori on Negroni, at least for myself.  I can't stand gin, never have, never will.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2004, 09:21:40 PM »

Along the same lines ( ;D), "shoo-fly pie" contains no flies.
Nor shoes!

William E. Lurie

« Reply #124 on: July 24, 2004, 09:30:10 PM »

Test Test Test

Had trouble posting before and I want to see if it works now
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #125 on: July 24, 2004, 09:34:28 PM »

Greetings from Scottsdale, Arizona! That's right, I'm home. My mom isn't, though. She must still be out with her nine-year-old friend.

Not much has happened since wherever I was in New Mexico. Just a lot of sitting in the car.

But here is the picture I promised of the world's biggest cross.
Der Brucer and I drove past that thing on our eastward trek.

There's something wrong with the entire idea, people having to have "the world's biggest cross."

I'd think they'd get the hint, during a lightning storm sometime, but they'd probably take the hint in the wrong way.

Sad.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #126 on: July 24, 2004, 09:48:54 PM »

Good Afternoon/Evening!

Yeah!  I got my hair cut!  Well, technically I went to get a haircut, but I got my hairs cut...
Dang, on every first and third Thursday Eves you could have dropped by the Faultline (on Melrose, just west of Vermont) and had a good cropping done by the Clippers (Roger and Jarod).  And you could have told them that Woody and Bruce sent you (they used to know us regularly over at the Crest).

If you get a chance, drop by and give them our best.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #127 on: July 24, 2004, 09:53:12 PM »

I'll have to call it an early night, and everyone else can call me a wussburger.  We're having a drippy weekend, and that means extra business at the store.  Plus, I'll be there for the entire day tomorrow, staying extra busy since there will be just two of us working the entire day.

Sigh "Yannara!"

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #128 on: July 24, 2004, 09:54:07 PM »

And thus endeth MY frenzy for the day!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #129 on: July 24, 2004, 10:27:51 PM »

I should be frenzied, but I cannot do frenzy as one arm is incapacitated and one cannot do proper flails with only one arm, IMO.

I can do male model posings, however, as my right arm is fixed in its splint with a bend at the elbow.  It's perfect for those bent-arm poses you see with the arm dramatically poised across one's midsection.

Thus, I am my own modelling session in lieu of a frenzy.

Of couse, if my name were Dan I could pull off being harried....harried Dan, as it were.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #130 on: July 24, 2004, 10:39:35 PM »

Dang, on every first and third Thursday Eves you could have dropped by the Faultline (on Melrose, just west of Vermont) and had a good cropping done by the Clippers (Roger and Jarod).  And you could have told them that Woody and Bruce sent you (they used to know us regularly over at the Crest).

If you get a chance, drop by and give them our best.

I shall keep them in mind for my next cut.  Thanks for the tip!
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: July 24, 2004, 10:39:41 PM »

My goodness, where in tarnation IS everyone?  I may have to get out Ye Olde Bitch-Slap Machine (YOBSM, in Internet lingo).

Tomovoz

« Reply #132 on: July 24, 2004, 10:49:04 PM »

Relax I'm back!  
Went to a collectables fair - why did I throw so many things away 30 years ago?
The price of things that were "free" with meals at fast food outlets -amazing.

Did I buy anything? No.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #133 on: July 24, 2004, 10:50:59 PM »

Has anybody seen that wonderfully moving Miramax produced film: Il Postino (The Postman)?...

Has Anybody Seen My Ship? --Ooops! Don't mind me!

I believe (again!) that movies were created to produce movies like this one!

-- Not new, I know but saw it on TV during my vacation! --
Wonderful film and great score. (IMHO)
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #134 on: July 24, 2004, 10:53:07 PM »

I had a lovely afternoon with my nine-year-old friend. He loved The Music Man.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Tomovoz

« Reply #135 on: July 24, 2004, 10:56:02 PM »

DR Jane: Even the varieties of Twinings availabe are not what they were and the price has doubled! Have difficulty finding "Assam" which is my favourite and also "Orange Pekoe".  Earl Grey is usually available but I do not care for it - oily and too aromatic.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: July 24, 2004, 11:01:18 PM »

I'm soooooooo tired.

Tomovoz

« Reply #137 on: July 24, 2004, 11:01:55 PM »

It always seems slightly strange to comment on posts from hours ago - I hope people go back and read the posts of "yesterday".

Must catch up with "The Leopard".  The reviews of the movie release (the recent one!) were excellent.
James Thurber 1957

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #138 on: July 24, 2004, 11:06:47 PM »

JRand - May I ask what bizarre thing you did to my face in your Impressionist's view of Panni visits Little Night Music? I look mighty weird, mon ami.

Panni

« Reply #139 on: July 24, 2004, 11:08:43 PM »

SWW - One day - not tonight - I will tell the story of how soda water bottles kept us eating after there was no money for food.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #140 on: July 24, 2004, 11:10:29 PM »

Well DRPANNI....it was a little bit of this and little bit of that....and then...well it was like the makeup counter at Saks.  I changed your hue and saturation and got your color a bit dauncy - but well....you look happy to be there!  LOL, and we can see your shoes now!

Now you know how Oprah felt when they put her head on Ann-Margret's body and put the whole thing on the cover of TV GUIDE.  She knew it was her...but....

RLP would be a perfect bitch-slapping machine with his arm in that splint!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #141 on: July 24, 2004, 11:11:32 PM »

I've been invited to a friend's house on Steamboat Island, which is about 20-25 minutes away.  She lives very close to the water and it's supposed to be fairly cool where she lives!  I'd heard that it's supposed to get up to 99° F today (again) and being next to some nice cool water will be much better than sweating in a sweltering house.  I'm going!  And my car is air conditioned...it'll be a nice drive.  I'll be back later tonight.  Have a good day, everyone!

I just got back from my friend Sally's house on the water and it was a wonderful place to be!  Sally and her husband Don have very tall trees all around their house and since they're directly on the sound, the temperature was perfect!  [It got to 99°F today at the Olympia Airport (which is where the Official Olympia temperature is taken)!  It broke the record for today, which was 95°, set in 1965.]  We (Sally, our other friend Holly, Don and I) just sat around drinking (I got a Diet Coke from Jack in the Box before I got there and Holly drank water) and talking.  We walked down the rickety stairs to their beach area and it was just a great place to be to get away from the hot temperature!  I was able to catch up with Sally and Holly (I don't know Don very well).  The three of us met in 1991 in a production of Camelsnot...I mean Camelot and have been great, close friends ever since.  

Anyway, that was my evening.  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #142 on: July 24, 2004, 11:18:27 PM »

DR GEORGE thanks for the coiled index card idea....never thought of ....very good.

Jack, I have learned...from experience!  When I first started doing shows, I used to just read the script and cover the lines with a piece of paper.  Then I started to do the 3x5 card thing, but I didn't even know about the coiled index cards.  After dropping them a few times during several different shows, I got the idea to number the cards.  I still dropped them, but they were numbered...I knew what order to put them back into!  Then for one birthday, just before I was to start rehearsal for another show, a friend of mine gave me a couple of packs of the coiled cards as a gift and I thought that it was brilliant! :-* I've been using those ever since.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #143 on: July 24, 2004, 11:21:52 PM »

I am buying some tomorrow!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #144 on: July 24, 2004, 11:23:00 PM »

DRPANNI - Prepare to be shocked!  You won't believe your unbelieving eyes....

Here you are - PHOTOIMPRESSED DE-LUXE!!!  :o

George

« Reply #145 on: July 24, 2004, 11:33:44 PM »

Very artistic, Jack!  And glad you like the idea of the cards with the wire coils.

I am now going to wuss-out and go to sleep.  It's much, much, much (that's three muches) cooler now than it was this after (99° indeed!) and I'm just plum tuckered out.  Night all!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2004, 11:33:58 PM by George »

Panni

« Reply #146 on: July 24, 2004, 11:38:48 PM »

Jrand - I think the BLOB is coming to get me!

Tomovoz

« Reply #147 on: July 24, 2004, 11:43:00 PM »

I thought the shot was a left over from "Don't Look Now" JRand.
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #148 on: July 24, 2004, 11:57:46 PM »

I thought the shot was a left over from "Don't Look Now" JRand.
The midget in the red cape! Scarier than the Blob!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2004, 11:58:24 PM by Panni »

Tomovoz

« Reply #149 on: July 25, 2004, 12:00:57 AM »

Great use of the colour red in the movie too - stained glass, coloured slides, boots, etc.
One of my favourites.
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up