Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: IN THE LOOP  (Read 17226 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:IN THE LOOP
« Reply #150 on: July 26, 2004, 09:11:21 PM »

Well, here it is, just for fun:

bk 5509
JRand53 4008
Panni 3340
Matt H. 3170
Tomovoz 3028
Jennifer 2510
Jane 2394
S. Woody White 2228
TCB 1920
JoseSPiano 1573

Oh, how lovely!  My number of posts matches my birth year.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #151 on: July 26, 2004, 09:14:20 PM »

The only reason I'm ahead of TCB in postings is because he's had serious computer problems.   I'd much rather it be because of a competition between us, to see who could post more, but there it is.  :'(

Thank you, Woody, that is a very nice attitude.
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #152 on: July 26, 2004, 09:26:28 PM »

DR Jane, yes Trader Joel's would be a good match for Ashland.

Talent, the next quaint place! I can hardly believe it! When I lived down your way Talent only had a population of, like, 5! LOL! And even then it was run down!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #153 on: July 26, 2004, 09:27:11 PM »

Hey, Y'all!  Long time no see!  Long time no see! (a Diane Keaton reference.)  I've been on a bizarre three week series of trips to Milwaukee, NYC, Rhinebeck NY, and the Jersey shore and various points between.  Now I'm finally back home and trying to reacquaint myself with my surroundings.  I'll fill y'all in on the details as soon as I can figure out if they're fascinating or not, in which case I'll try to make up something interesting.

I hope everyone is doing great.  I missed HHW a lot (I pretty much had no internet access--talk about going through withdrawal!)  I'm looking forward ::) to reading the past three weeks' posts to catch up on what's going on with y'all!  
« Last Edit: July 26, 2004, 09:28:33 PM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #154 on: July 26, 2004, 09:29:24 PM »

I'm back from doing many things which involved too much driving.
And I wash my hair every day or every other day. So the screenwriter in the story was not moi!

Good to see you posting again, TCB.

Jane, you have a very handsome son.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #155 on: July 26, 2004, 09:47:09 PM »

Dan the Man!  You are here.  Are you okay?  There have been a lot of people around these parts that have been very worried about you!!!
“One thing’s universal,

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #156 on: July 26, 2004, 09:47:46 PM »

I've at least caught up on the TOD and actually have something to contribute.  A few years ago, Steve & Eydie did a cover of Soundgarden's "Black Hole Sun" that was actually very good, not just a lounge music spoof of a grunge rock song.  It's available on a CD called Lounge-A-Palooza.  
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #157 on: July 26, 2004, 09:51:03 PM »

Also like to mention that I receieved a package from DR Penny Orloff with a copy of the stage vesion of Jewish Thighs On Broadway.

I recommend to all DR out there if you like Bruce's Kritzerland trilogy you will most certainly love Jewish Things On Broadway. (Amazon or Barnes and Noble)
Oh, Michael, what a nice thing to say!!!

About any similarity between Thighs and Kritzer: Many of you already know that BK and I grew up in the same neighborhood at the same time, attended the same schools, and that our parents were good friends, and my dad's brother and BK's dad were in business together in the Kiru restaurant. My very first professional revue was the first one Mr. Kimmel directed - and getting the daily news about this current revue brings back such excellent memories. Even as a young artist, BK had a unique style with the music he loves, and uncommon insight into the soul of a lyric. I do envy his What-If cast!!

Welcome back, Michael. We'll be in touch.
PennyO

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #158 on: July 26, 2004, 09:53:00 PM »

Jane, you are a knock-out, and your son is a hottie.

Mr. Barnum, glad to see you online.  I think I owe you at least one e-mail.
“One thing’s universal,

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #159 on: July 26, 2004, 09:56:41 PM »

Dan the Man!  You are here.  Are you okay?  There have been a lot of people around these parts that have been very worried about you!!!

Yes, I am fine and dandy, though I think I could use another week's vacation just to rest up from the last three.  And I'm really sorry about not letting anyone know what was going on--but I was mostly sans internet when I was not in work, and when I was in work, I was in a very negative frame of mind and not all together a very nice guy.  But I'm glad to be back and to see everyone's face once again (and how some of those faces have changed!)

-- Anaïs Nin

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #160 on: July 26, 2004, 09:57:36 PM »

Dear son, Jed, we have apparently started a firestorm of controversy by mentioning our visit to Cold Stone Creamery.
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #161 on: July 26, 2004, 10:09:12 PM »

DR Dan the man. Welcome back

DR TCB.  Your son is good looking too.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: July 26, 2004, 10:13:42 PM »

I'm back for a mo, but am running out to get some food.  And then... JUST WAIT!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #163 on: July 26, 2004, 10:16:48 PM »

DR Dan the man. Welcome back

Indeed he is, Tomovoz.

“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #164 on: July 26, 2004, 10:25:29 PM »

Michael & Matt. I renewed my Sondheim in the hope that it would keep going - the Spring  issue was certainly on the thin side. With few renewals I doubt there will be an incentive  to keep it alive. Despite its faults, the magazine has had some interesting interviews. Let's hope that Show Music can make a return.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jed

« Reply #165 on: July 26, 2004, 10:28:21 PM »

Dear son, Jed, we have apparently started a firestorm of controversy by mentioning our visit to Cold Stone Creamery.
Certainly looks that way!  Imagine what debates we can stir up when I move to this side of the mountains and we can spend more time together!

Indeed he is, Tomovoz.
Aww, shucks, all y'all are too kind!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #166 on: July 26, 2004, 10:47:37 PM »

Thank you, Woody, that is a very nice attitude.
You're welcome.  The fact is, your computer problems are the only reason I've passed you in posts.

Is the only reason?

There's something wrong with the tense in that sentence.  Problems are the only.  How can "only" be "problems," plural?  Doesn't read right.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up