Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: JUST WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED  (Read 17831 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:JUST WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED
« Reply #120 on: July 25, 2004, 09:33:38 PM »

Oh....lol...
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #121 on: July 25, 2004, 09:38:18 PM »

Info about the show....of course pictures when I get them.  Thanks for asking TCB.

WELL....in 1992, I played the part of Axel in a production of Larry Shue's comedy THE NERD.  It is a very funny play, and if you attend ANY theatre at all anywhere, you have been exposed to it.

And now we are doing the show again...all these years later.  It was so very good the first time.  It was so funny and the cast so good.  AND I wish that I would just shut up and stop recommending shows that were good the first time....we should do shows that we didn't do well!!

ANYWAY....I auditioned and this time around I am playing Rick Steadman, the nerd of the title who comes and stays and stays...and STAYS.  Of course it has a twist ending.  I am having a good time, but the actor who did the part the first time was making his first appearance on our stage and it was great.  I was hoping we would get another someone like that.  Everyone in our audience knows me and knows my work....although this is a DIFFERENT kind of part than I usually play.  Whew...and it has been almost 4 years since my last "leading" part (read LOTS of lines to memorize) - but I shall do my best and shall report to those interested.

We are blocking on the outdoor stage right now and will move inside once NUNSENSE closes on August 21.  We open on September 9.  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2004, 09:38:51 PM »

Page Five Dance......it's like the Emperor's New Clothes.

You see it, don't you?  Anyone with talent can see it..........

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2004, 09:43:13 PM »

WELL....in 1992, I played the part of Axel in a production of Larry Shue's comedy THE NERD.  It is a very funny play, and if you attend ANY theatre at all anywhere, you have been exposed to it.
You make it sound like a virus!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2004, 09:45:13 PM »

It's a good thing that the part of LA that DR Jose is staying in has a lot of hills, and steep ones at that.  With all that pie he's eating, walking to and from House of Pies at least provides him with the right amound of exercise.

::) :-*
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2004, 09:46:57 PM »

I went to Cold Stone Creamery for the first time this evening.  Now granted, Washington has had unusually hot weather this week, but still, I could not believe how busy that place was tonight.  I had this cheescake ice cream mixed with strawberries, blueberries, and graham cracker crust; and Jed had, I believe, German chocolate cake ice cream mixed with all the items you would expect to find in a German chocolate cake.  Mine was excellent, but this was truly a case of my eyes being bigger than my stomach -- which means that my eyes would have to be HUGE!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2004, 09:50:49 PM »

So pleased to hear the father/son night went well. Of course now I expect private messages from both parties to find out the truth.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2004, 09:53:34 PM »

"Cold Stone Creamery" is now on my list  of "must visits" in 2005. Of course it is above The Grand Canyon. I know my priorities.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2004, 09:59:00 PM »

I have now officially paid for my fare to France (to visit François of course). Now to hopefully get a taxation refund to help out. (Please note use of split infinitive).
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2004, 10:00:14 PM »

DR Jose: Drove under Stud Road twice today. Thought of you!
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2004, 10:08:49 PM »

Jason -- So good to see you here again.  We, all, miss you when you are absent.

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jed

« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2004, 10:17:43 PM »

Camera!  Why didn't I think to bring a camera!

Same reason I didn't bring one... because, as we learned at Cold Stone Creamery, we, dear father, are two clueless fellas! :D

...well...that and I don't even have one...
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2004, 10:24:29 PM »

I'm still digesting the PF Chang dinner. And I'm SO thirsty. what do they put in that stuff??
Just a brief post, then I must chat with the Dear Daughter. So the premiere costume consensus is a tube top borrowed from a black sailor. Have I got that right? Next question: Tiara or Mouse Ears?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2004, 10:32:43 PM »

We've achieved at least a "fren" - can we go ALL the way?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2004, 10:34:12 PM »

I went to Cold Stone Creamery for the first time this evening.  Now granted, Washington has had unusually hot weather this week, but still, I could not believe how busy that place was tonight.  I had this cheescake ice cream mixed with strawberries, blueberries, and graham cracker crust; and Jed had, I believe, German chocolate cake ice cream mixed with all the items you would expect to find in a German chocolate cake.  Mine was excellent, but this was truly a case of my eyes being bigger than my stomach -- which means that my eyes would have to be HUGE!

I've never heard of the Cold Stone Creamery.  Where is it??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2004, 10:34:48 PM »

I've found that P.F. Chang's food can be deceptively salty.  Water is always a good thing.
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2004, 10:36:07 PM »

zy has started!

Tiara DR Panni - looks so good on a black sailor.
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2004, 10:43:39 PM »

I got back from the show "Dancin' In the Streets," a revue of Motown songs and it was another successful performance.  The audience loved it!  Tonight was also a sing and dance along and everyone did.  I didn't watch the second act because 1) I'd already seen it twice, 2) I could hear it from the lobby, 3) I helped count the money from concessions (which is where I worked...I didn't have to seat people) and 4) the house manager and I chatted.  He's a great guy.  He went on the same trip that I was on the only time that I went to New York.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Panni

« Reply #138 on: July 25, 2004, 11:13:40 PM »

Black sailor suit, tiara, no thongs. I will be the belle of the ball.

Panni

« Reply #139 on: July 25, 2004, 11:14:32 PM »

I think this takes us past the danger point. The world is now safe again.

Tomovoz

« Reply #140 on: July 25, 2004, 11:27:23 PM »

Well dang me if I'm not listening to the "Best Of Roger Miller" today.. just listened to "My Uncle Used To Love Me But She Died" Great title.
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up