Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE STUPID DAY  (Read 14448 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE STUPID DAY
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2013, 10:24:43 AM »

I'm up after a good night's sleep.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2013, 10:26:31 AM »

I leave both back gate and back door unlocked but obviously closed.  I'm not gone that long - that way I don't have keys annoying me in my pocket.  I turned off the alarm.  Prior to any jog the first place I sit is at the computer and I left the TURN OFF ALARM sign right on the keyboard.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2013, 10:29:12 AM »

Good Friday services are my favorite of the 4 days.  The music, the ritual... it's pretty great.  Somehow, "Will I" from "Rent" made it into a meditation on one of the Stations of the Cross, as did "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother".... that's how we roll :)

I have been to a beautiful Easter service but never to Good Friday.  It is interesting to read how beautiful it is.  The Easter one I went to was filled with beautiful music and in a large, beautiful, Presbyterian church in Los Angeles.  I don't remember the name of it but I do remember a bit of jaw dropping on my part.  We saw our neighbors there who I'm sure were very surprised to see my mother and me there.  It had been my idea to go and I asked my mother to take me.  I was probably around 11 and was thinking of converting to the religion I thought was my mother's.

I realized I wanted to be Jewish & then found out my mother had also chosen to be Jewish & not just because my father was.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2013, 10:37:04 AM »

Why are none of the theater sites even mentioning that Mr. Griffiths just starred in a hit production in London of The Sunshine Boys with Danny DeVito that is supposedly coming to Broadway?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2013, 10:40:41 AM »

Oops, not Broadway - it was coming to the Ahmanson in LA.

Jane

« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2013, 10:43:25 AM »

Bruce, being familiar with alarms systems I'm chuckling a bit this morning over your "stupidity".  In different houses we have experienced various alarm systems & each one took a bit of getting used to.  Our first experience was with an alarm company that called before sending the police. 

The big surprise was the first time we discovered an alarm system went directly to the police station. Several days after moving in we were surprised to find the police at our door.  We were told 3 strikes and we were out, meaning we would be billed from then on for the police calls.

Jane

« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2013, 10:46:22 AM »

I leave both back gate and back door unlocked but obviously closed.  I'm not gone that long - that way I don't have keys annoying me in my pocket.  I turned off the alarm.  Prior to any jog the first place I sit is at the computer and I left the TURN OFF ALARM sign right on the keyboard.

You have an alarm, use it ;)  Leave a note on the back door "do not enter, alarm is set".

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2013, 11:33:18 AM »

And I am home. I think the printer problems are over and the two broken sections have been supplanted by the new ones that arrived today. I currently have two potential leading men for the recording, both good; one my choice, one the producer's. We'll see how fallout goes.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 12:17:52 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2013, 11:43:56 AM »

Well hopefully your neighborhood is safe enough to do this. I wouldn't do it and would not think that the alarm company would be too happy about it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2013, 12:05:52 PM »

400?!

Well, considering I have some 2800 titles in my "file" (spread across DVD, BLU and laserdisc), I suppose finding out that 400 of those are horror isn't exactly an improbability.  It's just hard to picture.  And my stuff is all in shelves, arranged by various directors, categories, etc. that are meaningful to me.  So, hard to tell.

Horror AND Sci Fi.  Mine are on shelves - but they are two rows deep, and even though I tried to keep them in some kind of order, it was not to be. 

It will take another week or so, but all of them should be done.....then....maybe.....or mostly.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2013, 12:07:13 PM »

Hmmmm I did not know about that production of The Sunshine Boys.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2013, 12:19:08 PM »

Because I am a corner house and face onto two big streets, it would take a lot of chutzpah to attempt anything here - including my neighbors who are always outside.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2013, 12:19:33 PM »

Back from a three-mile jog and must now go pick up tapes.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2013, 12:26:07 PM »

On the leading man front, I am now getting responses from the ones who didn't respond yesterday, and I have to tell them the role may be filled. I hate this.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 12:31:52 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2013, 12:35:11 PM »

On the leading man front, I am now getting responses from the ones who didn't respond yesterday, and I have to tell them the role may be filled. I hate this.

So you don't only send a request to one person, wait for their response, then go to the next, wait for their response, then go to the next? 

I guess that actually would take a lot of time that you probably don't have. :-\

~~~Vibes that it all works out!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2013, 12:59:53 PM »

I think TCB was volunteering to help with the overflow.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2013, 01:00:08 PM »

Slow afternoon. I should be writing.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2013, 01:05:07 PM »

So you don't only send a request to one person, wait for their response, then go to the next, wait for their response, then go to the next? 

I guess that actually would take a lot of time that you probably don't have. :-\

Thanks!  No, on Wednesday, after losing Ben for the role, I didn't want to think about it, and yesterday I sent out seven inquiries, just like a casting notice: five responded so far, and two have not yet. The producer was pushing me to use one of them because he likes him personally - as do I  - but I was concerned about the role's range. Now that I've heard that the actor is interested, I'll go with him, even if I prefer another, to keep peace.

I've still got seven secondary roles to fill that we will overdub in Manhattan, and all of the people I've contacted about the leading role are all I would be happy to use for the other roles, if they'd like to do them.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2013, 01:05:56 PM »

He was volunteering to make overtures.

John G.

« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2013, 01:10:37 PM »

He was volunteering to make overtures.
Isn't that just like him? As we would say in Kentucky, bless his pea-pickin' little ol' heart.  :D
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2013, 01:33:39 PM »

George, is that a musical version of "Reservoir Dogs"?
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2013, 01:43:15 PM »

George, is that a musical version of "Reservoir Dogs"?

Nope, just a play adaptation.  The movie is quite non-linear, flashbacks and flashforwards, but Pug (the director and adaptor) had made the show more linear, time-wise.  It still opens with the restaurant scene just before the heist, but then jumps to the beginning and pretty much plays out from that point on.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2013, 01:44:08 PM »

Tomorrow is part 2 of season seven including the 50th Anniversary of Doctor Who (gets a little confusing). With a new companion the girl who died twice

I'm so excited for this!  And on Sunday is "Doctor Who: Doctors Revisited: The Third Doctor."  This is a series, 3rd of 11, where they feature a biography of each of the actors who've play the Doctor and then show a multi-episode story arc.  Sunday's doctor is Jon Pertwee and the episode is "Spearhead From Space":

The third Doctor (Jon Pertwee) is featured in the classic 1970 episode "Spearhead From Space." The Doctor battles the Nestene Consciousness, a disembodied alien intelligence out to destroy mankind through the use of plastic replicas.

I'm recording these and making my own DVDs of them. 

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2013, 01:49:59 PM »

She made overtures to a man who never had a friend in this town until she came here....Old Miser Madison....

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2013, 02:26:58 PM »

Several people, including BK, have suggested that I combine all of my one-person plays into an anthology.  So, that's what I've done.

THE HOLLYWOOD LEGENDS: Ten Plays About Eleven Fabulous People is now available in both paperback and on Kindle.  It contains my plays on Clark Gable, Spencer Tracy, Carole Lombard, Al Jolson, Errol Flynn, Clara Bow, Orson Welles, Maurice Chevalier, Jeanette MacDonald & Nelson Eddy (a two-person play) and Basil Rathbone.

http://www.amazon.com/Hollywood-Legends-Eleven-Fabulous-People/dp/1482725673/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1364591068&sr=1-1&keywords=the+hollywood+legends

BTW: Thanks, BK, for suggesting the excellent subtitle.
You can dream…or you can do.

John G.

« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2013, 02:39:16 PM »

Several people, including BK, have suggested that I combine all of my one-person plays into an anthology.  So, that's what I've done.

THE HOLLYWOOD LEGENDS: Ten Plays About Eleven Fabulous People is now available in both paperback and on Kindle.  It contains my plays on Clark Gable, Spencer Tracy, Carole Lombard, Al Jolson, Errol Flynn, Clara Bow, Orson Welles, Maurice Chevalier, Jeanette MacDonald & Nelson Eddy (a two-person play) and Basil Rathbone.

http://www.amazon.com/Hollywood-Legends-Eleven-Fabulous-People/dp/1482725673/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1364591068&sr=1-1&keywords=the+hollywood+legends

BTW: Thanks, BK, for suggesting the excellent subtitle.

Looks great.
― Voltaire

KevinH

« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2013, 03:48:05 PM »

Good evening!

Cillaliz

« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2013, 03:57:03 PM »

Good evening.  We had a very busy and good March, so I decided to close at noon today. I didn't go to Good Friday services, I rendered unto Caesar and did my taxes.  It's the one time of the year I'm really happy my take home is less than half of my old take home pay.   I'm 1000% happier, so it's not a big deal.  Luckily we had a good March so I had the cash on hand to pay taxes and put some in my IRA.   I'm glad that's over. 

Jane

« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2013, 03:57:12 PM »

DITTO!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2013, 03:58:06 PM »

Time to go meet Paul for Mexican food and beer.   Maybe a margarita is a better idea....hmmmm......
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up