Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BALM IN GILEAD  (Read 19968 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re:BALM IN GILEAD
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2004, 10:21:51 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~ ~ ~ ~ ~ HEALTHY VIBES FOR DR PANNI ~ ~ ~ ~ ~[/move]
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2004, 10:21:52 AM »

... when I had to walk up the bleachers - the kind that were open underneath.  That was the scariest thing I had to do when I was in the second grade....and I did it.  

Honey, I'm going to be 41 (that slipped out...) and I STILL hate walking up (or down) open bleachers!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 10:23:16 AM by Stuart »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2004, 10:26:45 AM »

I searched on "Dance +Health" on Google and came up with this:

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2004, 10:27:35 AM »

Frank Wildehorn and Linda Eder have split up.

Frank is a "Wild" (as in About Harry or Mary), not a "Wilde" (as in Oscar or beest).

But you gnu that.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2004, 10:28:08 AM »

Good vibes to DR Panni.

And out i go to feed my birds, thence to the garden to hack and slash and haul and yank and tote. (This is my cardio...)

Did i mention that 3 raccoons have been coming nightly? I bought cat kibble for them, which they seem to love. And two nights ago, i put out some of the blue jays' peanuts, as they watched me from a slight distance... then grabbed peanuts by the (tiny) handfuls. I am in LOVE!!!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2004, 10:30:54 AM »

Sandwiches: Sliced turkey on really good multi-grain bread, with some ripe avocado and sun dried tomato, lots of lettuce, one swipe of dijon mustard, put a few pine nuts in with the avocado... sheesh, now I'm hungry.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2004, 10:34:44 AM »

Fear: get angry, puff out all my quills, strut around making lots of raucous noise, spout witheringly sarcastic phrases... look and sound just as looney as possible, and the scary folk get scared and quickly walk the other way. Another, (which I used to do and have abandoned in favor of the more theatrical performance described above) is carefully unzip my carry pack and feel for the reassuring steel of the Sig Sauer P-230 concealed therein...
PennyO

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2004, 10:34:47 AM »

Frank is a "Wild" (as in About Harry or Mary), not a "Wilde" (as in Oscar or beest).

But you gnu that.

der Brucer

I think Frank is about as far from "Wilde" (as in talented and witty) as one can get.

So I wonder which one no longer considered the other useful in this marriage?
-- Anaïs Nin

DERBRUCER

« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2004, 10:36:16 AM »

And last, but not least :

SOMETHING BLUE

Extracts from the LATimes TELEVISION REVIEW
[/b]

Well, yes, he's average

Jeff Foxworthy pretends to be 'Blue Collar' but is merely middling.
By Robert Lloyd
Times Staff Writer

Jul 29 2004

"We are not here to change the world; we are here to make it a little more bearable, OK?" Jeff Foxworthy says at the top of his new sketch comedy show, "Blue Collar TV," premiering tonight on the WB.

"Between New York and Los Angeles there are 200 million people," Foxworthy said recently. "That's what this country is. It really isn't cutting-edge hip." …One gathers from the show's title — and the title sequence, with its images of a clock, a mower and a trailer — that this is supposed to be some sort of regular-folks alternative to the sophisticated humor of the smarty-pants big-city elites (though, heaven knows, they must have been watching "Seinfeld" out in the sticks too, to generate those ratings). Something for the red staters, the NASCAR-ites, the country music fans, the beer drinkers, the people waiting for "Hee Haw" to return.

There are three long sketches in the opening show. The first is a mock ad for the House of Gravy, where gravy is slathered over pasta, steamed vegetables, an ice cream sundae. It gushes from a fire hose, soaking everyone onstage. The second features an enormously fat family that regards dieting as a kind of substance abuse. Both these sketches seem to celebrate and defend what they critique and lampoon: Proud to be fat, proud to eat gravy, this is who we are.

In the third, the three stars play little children fighting in the back seat of an SUV, with the large Larry kitted out in a diaper. Although there are some nice line readings, the sketch is ultimately as annoying as the situation it lampoons. It finishes with an extended urination gag (resembling, oddly, the end of the gravy sketch).

Finally, Foxworthy, Engvall and Larry sit down together and trade inspirational homilies.

"I believe the color of the state flag of Alabama should be primer.... " "I believe guns don't kill people. Husbands that come home early do.... " "I believe there should be an application process for anyone who wants to wear a thong."

The show concludes with a masturbation joke. Welcome to the real America.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2004, 10:38:06 AM »

Honey, I'm going to be 41 ...

But I still have my virility.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2004, 10:38:39 AM »

Quote from: Jane on Yesterday at 02:21:54pm

I have a question for Bruce and all Dear Readers, how do you open a CD case without damage to ones nails?

Quote from SWW

This is why one has a husband, silly!

SWW true, which is why I completely forgot about the case opener.  ;D Thing is dear husband was working out at the gym.  And poor dear husband lost a good portion of his thumb nail so I have been trying to be more independent and let him rest his sore thumb.

Jane

« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2004, 10:42:02 AM »

Quote from SWW
It's too bad the Disney Channel is only watched by 'tween-aged girls.

Hey, I watch the Disney Channel.

We will be definitely be watching it on August 7th, the day TIVO is set to record TIGER CRUISE. :)

DERBRUCER

« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2004, 10:44:07 AM »

..and feel for the reassuring steel of the Sig Sauer P-230 concealed therein...

and then  "thence to the garden to hack and slash and haul and yank and tote" ...

DERBRUCER

« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2004, 10:47:20 AM »

Favorite Dine-out sandwich:

Croque Monsieur

For which there seem to be as many diffrenet recipes as there are recordings of "Feelings".

der Brucer

Jennifer

« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2004, 10:50:12 AM »

So DR Stuart, how was it?

Jane

« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2004, 11:02:00 AM »

PANNI, REALLY GOOD VIBES!!!

MBarnum

« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2004, 11:02:59 AM »

This request came in from one of my other online groups (actually, it's my only other online group). I know there are several DRs in this area (Oregon), and if anyone has a suggestion please send me a PM.

Thanks.

"Does anyone know of a Movement Disorder neurologist in the Salem area? This would incluide Corvallis, Albany, even Portland."

DIT, there are several neurologists in Salem but I don't know if they are Movement Disorder neurologists (the phone listings don't specify).

Jane

« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2004, 11:10:19 AM »

DRLaura, one more day.  Good luck.

Bruce I know what you mean about the floor.  I bet Jose is a natural.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPGOOD, wherever you are.

Jose did you find your phone?  
How is your rash?  A Cortisone ointment or Benadryl might work better.

MBarnum I shall have to try almond butter. :)

Matt H, IT STARTED WITH EVE is my favorite.  i don’t think I have seen all of her adult movies, a shame I’m sure.

DIT I have never heard of a Movement Disorder neurologist.  My suggestion, if your friend hasn’t done so already, is to call Oregon Health and Sciences in Portland. http://www.ohsu.edu/

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2004, 11:19:48 AM »

I know we've done sandwiches before, but here I go again. The best sandwich in the universe is at the Pony Espresso in Wickenburg, Arizona. It's worth the two-hour drive.

When I'm scared, I tremble and fear it but keep my fighting spirit alive (Yeah, I know, a Frank Wildhorn reference).

My eBay score is only 63 with 71 total feedbacks.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

MBarnum

« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2004, 11:25:10 AM »

DR Jennifer, I didn't watch the Amish show last night, but I taped it and will try to watch it in the next couple of days.

I actually thought it sounded interesting as it gives two groups of kids the opportunity to get to know people completely unlike themselves.  My hope is that they would come away with a realization that people can be different and that is OK.

MBarnum

« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2004, 11:27:05 AM »

MBarnum I shall have to try almond butter. :)

At both Fred Meyers and Winco they have the machines where you can grind it yourself...so it is all natural and tasty! Yum!

Jane

« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2004, 11:30:47 AM »

How I respond to fear really depends on what is frightening me.  Little fears, like big loopy roller coasters or attacking dogs, cause me to scream.  I have been known to run when threatened, or to stand up and fight, just depends on the situation.  But big fears, the stuff that puts a pit in your stomach and can make you shake, I’m most likely to become very quiet.  Somewhere along the way I might cry or get upset but dealing with what is happening must be done and I try to put other emotions aside.

Jennifer

« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2004, 11:32:36 AM »

Does a souvlaki pita count as a sandwich?

Jane

« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2004, 11:32:52 AM »

Thanks MBarnum.  I bet our local co-op has it too.  I shall check there first.  I'm not a fan of the super large stores.

Jane

« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2004, 11:34:31 AM »

Yes Jennifer, whatever that is.  If it's in pita bread I would count it.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2004, 11:37:12 AM »

When I'm scared, I tremble and fear it but keep my fighting spirit alive (Yeah, I know, a Frank Wildhorn reference).

I would expect nothing less of the gal with a sword in her hand.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2004, 11:48:05 AM »

Oh, now I remember - we did sandwiches on May 18th, not so long ago.  Still, one can't have enough sandwiches.  I should just realize we've probably done all foodstuffs but I do love hearing about food so I keep forgetting we've probably done all foodstuffs.

Here's another topic du jour:  What do you do when you're afraid of something?  Do you hold your head erect?  Whistle a happy tune?  How do you stand up to your fears or conquer them?

Sandwiches:  cheese and bologna with mustard and mayo on white bread.

Speaking of being afraid and bologna...did anyone notice that the lines "Whenever I feel afraid, I hold my head erect" and "My bologna has a first name, it's O.S.C.A.R" have practically the same melody??  I started humming the "Whistle a Happy Tune" tune (because of BK's mention of the song) and then started thinking about my favorite sandwich which made me start humming the Oscar Meyer song and they're almost the same thing!  Of course, we all know which melody came first. ::)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 11:52:24 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2004, 11:52:40 AM »

Yes Jennifer, whatever that is.  If it's in pita bread I would count it.

:o

Souvlaki pita is a Greek sandwich.  It has souvlaki meat with tzatziki and lettuce, rolled in a pita.  It is very good.

Jennifer

« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2004, 11:54:05 AM »

Does Subway count?  I love their grilled chicken.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2004, 12:01:21 PM »

Director: Eric D. Schaeffer
Musical Staging: Bob Avian
Others: John McCook, Bronson Pinchot

der Brucer (Woody and I had seats right in front of Barrowman's parents who had flown in just for the show)
NOT TRUE!  I sat NEXT to Mrs. Barrowman, with der Brucer on my other side.  (Curtain time was delayed that night, and the Barrowmans, like ourselves, just barely made it to the theater on time.  And that included John!)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up