Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: FRIED FOODS  (Read 25376 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:FRIED FOODS
« Reply #150 on: August 05, 2004, 06:32:23 PM »

Thanks George.  I thought there was going to be a simple little "mention" to click on.  Give me a few minutes, or more, to try this.  :-\

Jane

« Reply #151 on: August 05, 2004, 06:35:13 PM »

Must do the page six dance first-much more fun too.  :)

François de Paris

« Reply #152 on: August 05, 2004, 06:37:07 PM »

Dear reader Noël, I assuming you mean operettas written in the US of A!

Because, loads of them have been written in France in the past 50 years. I guess no one in the States has heard of composer Francis Lopez who has unfortunately monopolized the genre here!

But not all operettas were fluffy stuff; most of the old ones, mainly by Offenbach, were satires...

Operetta has always been considered a "sous genre", even here in Europe, home of the Eurotrash musical!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2004, 06:39:51 PM by François de Paris »

François de Paris

« Reply #153 on: August 05, 2004, 06:48:42 PM »

Jane

« Reply #154 on: August 05, 2004, 06:56:20 PM »

This is what I ended up with.  Are the open brackets from the site your are you typing them?

I'm not sure this is worth the effort  :-\  I do however want to suceed with this, without feeling like a total idiot.  ;D

(url=http://news.google.com/) CLICK HERE (url)

Jane

« Reply #155 on: August 05, 2004, 07:00:38 PM »

Okay Mr. François de Paris, where is your “click here”?  You just transferred the website.FFrançois  :D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #156 on: August 05, 2004, 07:04:51 PM »

This is what I ended up with.  Are the open brackets from the site your are you typing them?

I'm not sure this is worth the effort  :-\  I do however want to suceed with this, without feeling like a total idiot.  ;D

(url=http://news.google.com/) CLICK HERE (url)

I'm typing all of the brackets.  And what you've done is almost correct...you need a slash-url, "/url" to turn off the code, like you have "/color" and "/quote":

CLICK HERE
« Last Edit: August 05, 2004, 07:06:44 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

François de Paris

« Reply #157 on: August 05, 2004, 07:04:58 PM »

DR Jane!

I don't venture in those fields! With the previous system, I could post a "click here" to a page! Now, I just post a link!

I missunderstood your question; I thought you were wondering how to get to the link posted by the "click here" indication!
Excuse my French!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #158 on: August 05, 2004, 07:06:34 PM »

I am breathing a sigh of relief as the Variety review for TIGER CRUISE has just come in (it appears tomorrow on the stands) and it is very positive. That's an important one in the biz so I'm a happy camper.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
!!!!! KUDOS (and Luna bars) TO DR PANNI !!!!![/move]
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

« Reply #159 on: August 05, 2004, 07:14:09 PM »

Keith to the rescue ;D WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE

Jane

« Reply #160 on: August 05, 2004, 07:16:29 PM »

I missunderstood your question; I thought you were wondering how to get to the link posted by the "click here" indication!
Excuse my French!

;D ;D I'm not THAT stupid!  ;D

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #161 on: August 05, 2004, 07:19:15 PM »

I've read reviews that called MY FAIR LADY an operetta, so there is room for debate.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jane

« Reply #162 on: August 05, 2004, 07:21:57 PM »

Now to try this on my own. :-\

GOOGLE NEWS

Matt H.

« Reply #163 on: August 05, 2004, 07:23:06 PM »

I watched BIG BROTHER for the first time this season tonight (I had been keeping up with the results on other internet sites). Brought back some good memories about the scheming, backbiting, friendship, and ego trip that marks this show. The twist with the twins was handled superbly stretching out their amazement as long as possible until the twin revealed herself. Though I can't say I'll watch every episode each week, looks like I may pop in for additional Thursday episodes since those are eviction nights (and also HOH selection nights).

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #164 on: August 05, 2004, 07:23:59 PM »

Keith to the rescue ;D WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE

Wow--Marilyn Monroe died 42 years ago today.

I don't mean this as a non sequiter--I found out about Monroe's anniversary from the site that Jane very nicely linked to.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2004, 07:31:09 PM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

« Reply #165 on: August 05, 2004, 07:26:35 PM »

I'm typing all of the brackets.  And what you've done is almost correct...you need a slash-url, "/url" to turn off the code, like you have "/color" and "/quote":

CLICK HERE

Thanks George.  This may seem odd but I had never typed the brackets before.  

The blue color came up all on its own-only needed bold.  

Thanks again.  I enjoyed learning something new.  :)

Jennifer

« Reply #166 on: August 05, 2004, 07:33:31 PM »

Jennifer I can tape the movie for you.

I'm gonna ask my sister if she gets that channel on her satellite.

DR Jane, I thought you taped using tivo.

Jane

« Reply #167 on: August 05, 2004, 07:38:20 PM »

It doesn’t seem that long ago I wouldn’t even look at a computer.  It hurt my eyes and head to look at the screen for more than a few minutes.  I could turn the computer on and that was it.  If I wanted to type a letter I had the kids set everything up for me.  If I wanted something researched they or Keith did it for me.  As computers improved over the years I found I could look at them more and more without getting eye strain.

About seven years ago a friend of mine was going through chemo and I was motivated to use the computer since it was easier for her to communicate by email.  I was just getting the hang of google and doing research on the computer when I found HHW.   :)

Keith was always complaining I wouldn’t use the computer, now he complains I use “his computer” too much, which is one of the reasons we now have a lap top. :D

Jennifer

« Reply #168 on: August 05, 2004, 07:41:06 PM »

DR Jane, this might be easier for you to remember if it happens again.

If you type a link and it is too long (like what happened to you) and the end gets cut off, just modify your post.

Highlight the entire link and click on the "insert hyperlink" icon (it is the 3rd from the left on the bottom).  That will fix your link and make it workable.

If you don't understand what I wrote, email me.

Jane

« Reply #169 on: August 05, 2004, 07:44:02 PM »

Jennifer, TIVO is a digital recording. I can transfer from TIVO to a tape.   I will save the show on TIVO until I know we don't need it anymore.

Bruce can you transfer your TIVO to a DVD?

Jennifer

« Reply #170 on: August 05, 2004, 07:44:05 PM »

Wow, Big Brother was good tonight.  I'm online now checking to see what they are talking about now that they know the twist. Should be interesting.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #171 on: August 05, 2004, 07:46:33 PM »

I love Krispy Kreme! However, I do NOT love fried okra.  :P
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jane

« Reply #172 on: August 05, 2004, 07:47:39 PM »

Thanks Jennifer.  I will check that out tomorrow.  Off to watch something.

Goodnight.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #173 on: August 05, 2004, 07:48:27 PM »

DR Jane, this might be easier for you to remember if it happens again.

If you type a link and it is too long (like what happened to you) and the end gets cut off, just modify your post.

Highlight the entire link and click on the "insert hyperlink" icon (it is the 3rd from the left on the bottom).  That will fix your link and make it workable.

If you don't understand what I wrote, email me.

Oh sure...give her a simple explanation! ::)  ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #174 on: August 05, 2004, 07:48:57 PM »

I didn't know you could transfer tivo to a tape.  That is cool.  My sis will be at home painting tomorrow. So I will call her and ask if her satellite has disney.  I know nobody around here gets disney.  But I forgot my sis got a satellite in june.  I have no idea what channels she gets.

I do know that is totally hokey.  For instance she doesn't get the WB.  And her fox station is not the same as mine (I don't get the WB, but my Fox station shows all their shows).  So she is not happy (since she is a WB addict like me).  I've been taping her summer show.  And apparently in September she will have to upgrade her package, just so she can get the WB. :)

Matt H.

« Reply #175 on: August 05, 2004, 07:49:06 PM »

DR Jane wrote: "TIVO is a digital recording. I can transfer from TIVO to a tape.  I will save the show on TIVO until I know we don't need it anymore.

Bruce can you transfer your TIVO to a DVD?"

I can transfer my digital recordings to a videotape or to a DVD. I really like being able to do either, though I have found that not all DVD players will play my DVD-Rs smoothly, so usually if I make a copy of something for someone, I recommend a videotape instead of a DVD-R.

Jennifer

« Reply #176 on: August 05, 2004, 07:51:57 PM »

Oh sure...give her a simple explanation! ::)  ;D

Well it won't give her the nice one word like you did it.  But I know I have often put up links and the end got cut off. So highlighting and clicking on the "insert hyperlink" icon helps!

:)

François de Paris

« Reply #177 on: August 05, 2004, 07:58:13 PM »

For our L.A. kimlets:

Judy Kuhn, Alan Menken and Jodi Benson Salute Disney Music Aug. 20 and 21
By Andrew Gans/Playbill.com
02 Aug 2004
The Hollywood Bowl will offer The Great American Concert with Fireworks—Walt Disney: 75 Years of Music Aug. 20 and 21.
Part of the Bowl's "Weekend Spectaculars" series, the concerts will feature the vocal talents of Judy Kuhn, Jodi Benson, Paige O'Hara, Lisa Vroman and Stuart Ambrose. Tony-winning composer Alan Menken will also be part of the evenings, which feature Mary Costa as narrator and special guest Dick Van Dyke. John Mauceri will conduct the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra, and the Disney salute will also boast the Cal State Fullerton University Singers under the direction of John Alexander. Show time is 8:30 PM.
According to the Bowl's official website, the concerts will "pay tribute to a true Great American icon — the inimitable Walt Disney. This weekend celebrates his commitment to orchestral music, from the beginnings with 'Steamboat Willie' to the drama of 'Fantasia' to the mega-smash 'The Lion King.' From old favorites to new hits to classic songs, there truly will be something for everyone at this first-time event that ends as only a Great American concert could — with fireworks." The concerts are produced in cooperation with The Walt Disney Company.
The Hollywood Bowl is located in Hollywood, CA, at 2301 N. Highland Avenue. For tickets, call (323) 850-2000. Visit www.hollywoodbowl.org for more information.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #178 on: August 05, 2004, 07:58:26 PM »

I love Krispy Kreme! However, I do NOT love fried okra.  :P

Well!  That's probably 'cause you ain't never had none my momma done cooked!!!

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #179 on: August 05, 2004, 08:49:38 PM »

Dan TM - Thank you for whatever you said! I couldn't read the yellow print - but I'm sure it was something nice.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up