Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HIGHLAND FLING OR THE BOSTON FANCY  (Read 17351 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE HIGHLAND FLING OR THE BOSTON FANCY
« Reply #210 on: July 05, 2013, 10:52:35 PM »

Terrible phlegm and clearing of throat all day has pretty much trashed me again - hopefully when I get up tomorrow this will have passed because I'm BORED of it.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #211 on: July 05, 2013, 10:57:02 PM »

Friday evening greetings from HOME!  We had a smooth drive from Normal, IL, and are glad to be here.

Glad to have you both back home, safe and sound.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #212 on: July 05, 2013, 11:09:59 PM »

Well, now that I''ve seen both German and French versions of "Threepenny Opera," I can say the director missed the point. Entirely. But they're both still fascinating museum pieces. And it's great to see Lenya sing "Pirate Jenny."

Really?  How old is this video?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #213 on: July 05, 2013, 11:17:05 PM »

Most of my posts are kind of random.  I'm sure you haven't even noticed.      :P

Song Sung Blue, I never would have guessed.

Did anyone else watch the Capital Fourth Concert last night on PBS?  It was actually a really good show.  Besides the newest American Idol, and a former AI (Scotty somebody?) and Megan Hilty; there were mini concerts by Neil Diamond and Barry Manilow.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 11:24:00 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #214 on: July 05, 2013, 11:25:27 PM »

My work may not be done, but I am tired and so is Nicky.

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #215 on: July 05, 2013, 11:54:21 PM »

TOD:         CD:  London cast 1776

DR elmore3003 - that's not a commercially released CD, is it?

No, and I wish it were. I have a very snap-crackle-pop mp3 of the cast LP and I'd love to hear it with no extraneous noises. The cast is good, and I prefer Cheryl Kennedy to Betty Buckley (I'd prefer you to Betty Buckley!, DR singdaw).  The British cast also has more of the score than the OBC.

The LP that I burned to a CD isn't too bad.  It's been a while since I listened to it, but I don't remember it being horribly snap-crackle-poppy.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #216 on: July 05, 2013, 11:59:21 PM »

Today was a day of not working at all.  I took the day off and slept late and didn't even let my cat get me out of bed.  Needing to pee got me out of bed, but then I figured that since I was finally up, I might as well feed the cat.  After that, I went back to my bed (but didn't sleep) and watched an episode of "Antiques Roadshow."  I then came downstairs, fed myself, checked my e-mail and watched a little TV down here in my TV room.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #217 on: July 05, 2013, 11:59:52 PM »

After I finally took a shower and got dressed, I went out and stopped at my work to update a downloaded book on my Kindle (we have free wi-fi at all the libraries).  I don't have wi-fi at home (it has never worked whenever I've tried to set it up) but I was able to download the updated title.  I also picked up a package for a bluetooth ear piece for my cell phone.  I just won the auction on the first and it already arrived!  HOWEVER IT DOESN'T WORK!  >:( It's all charged up, but when I open the little speaker arm, nothing happens...no noise, no light, no pairing with my cell phone. :P This is what it looks like:

AND I just noticed that the listing said "Free shipping" but they charged me for shipping!  I'm definitely filing a PayPal dispute, and that's not a joke!

George

« Reply #218 on: July 06, 2013, 12:04:27 AM »

I went to Costco and bought some cat food, a tower of blank DVDs and something else and I've already forgotten what it was.  Oh, well.  I'll remember eventually.  After Costco, I went to the local Eagan's hamburger joint and had their deluxe cheeseburger basket with tater-tots.  They're the best!  While eating, I also read some of the interview with Doug Haverty from the .pdf file that I made.  Very interesting and informative.  I can't wait to finish it. 

George

« Reply #219 on: July 06, 2013, 12:05:06 AM »

I came home and watched "Howl" that I got from Netflix.  I didn't turn on my computer because I didn't want to be distracted.  It was very interesting and very good.  I was going to watch "Oz: The Great and Powerful" because James Franco is in both movie, but it's too late and I wanted to ketchup on the posts before it was too late. 
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 12:20:27 AM by George »

George

« Reply #220 on: July 06, 2013, 12:05:13 AM »

And that was my day. :)

George

« Reply #221 on: July 06, 2013, 12:05:22 AM »

And because we're so close...

George

« Reply #222 on: July 06, 2013, 12:05:52 AM »

GRATUITOUS POST #222.

:D

George

« Reply #223 on: July 06, 2013, 12:06:12 AM »

Now, back to Page 3.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up