Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: COMPING THE VOCALS  (Read 9984 times)

FJL

Re: COMPING THE VOCALS
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2013, 08:12:00 AM »

Page 2!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2013, 08:23:09 AM »

Last night, Kristen Chenoweth performed on Leno's "Tonight" show a parody of "Popular" from "Wicked".  The song was for Anthony Weiner.

Popular
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2013, 08:51:53 AM »

DR DRUXY I have a Samsung Blu Ray player that I have always been pleased with, but it does have a tray.  I also hate computers or other devices that GRAB your disk......

I would just say that I have had a LOT of trouble with Philips electronics, and also surprisingly RCA devices....so other than that, I would say go for it.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2013, 08:53:30 AM »

I would add that you should consider an all-region BD player since you're in the market for a new machine.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2013, 08:54:05 AM »

Post deleted!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 10:36:15 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2013, 08:54:28 AM »

Rehearsals are moving along.  I finished the story for the print outlets today and will send them off to the weeklies to meet their early deadlines.

I started the slide show for the lobby - but of course the girl who PROMISED to be there last night to take the rest of the photos, didn't show up.....never did like her....ever since she came in and told me all of my makeup was wrong and no good and should be thrown away.  Oh, and she just happened to be selling makeup that would be perfect and I should buy some from her....  And in fact, she did throw a lot of my stuff away when she was working on a show that I wasn't involved in....  So I don't like her.

That just means that I will have to take the rest of the photos tonight....which is hard, because I am NEVER off the stage.....

FJL

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2013, 08:55:44 AM »

Last night, Kristen Chenoweth performed on Leno's "Tonight" show a parody of "Popular" from "Wicked".  The song was for Anthony Weiner.

Popular

For balance, here's a theater spoof for Christine Quinn, Anthony Weiner's  main opponent at this point
:)

This was for Christine Quinn - on the strange occasion of seeing Speaker Quinn (and thus her staff) boldly getting behind Shakespeare in the Parking Lot's issue against the city for charging it for using parking spaces up - which clearly got through her office gatekeepers as a crucial issue 

Brush Up Your Speaker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lriKy_Coo5g

« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 09:39:51 AM by FJL »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2013, 09:01:56 AM »

My question for ASK BK day is:

Would you ever consider playing Man in the Chair in THE DROWSY CHAPERONE?

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2013, 09:12:06 AM »

Here is one thing I know about today:

There needs to be a bacon cheeseburger in it somewhere.

I like your way of thinking.

Oh, and Friday is National Ice Cream Sandwich Day.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2013, 09:22:54 AM »

I finished the story for the print outlets today

I sure hope you spelled your name right this time!      ;)
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2013, 09:30:44 AM »

Well...it should be....but time will tell.....if I am in a photo, all bets are off.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2013, 09:31:05 AM »

The carpet cleaner man has come and gone. Along with Joe Turner.

In any case, he was there for 2.5 hours, and charged me less than $80, which I thought was more than reasonable. And he got out every one of the tough stains that I wasn't sure wouldn't come out.       :)      He talks to them, you see. Coaxes them.  "Come out, you darned spot!"
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2013, 09:31:22 AM »

The Spot Whisperer, as it were.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2013, 09:32:33 AM »

if I am in a photo

Sounds like the only way that might happen is if you do a "selfie."      :)

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2013, 09:33:09 AM »

The production photos are all from the Perspective of The Chair.         ;D

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2013, 09:39:14 AM »

A friend put this photo on Facebook yesterday.  I think the smoke is even worst today.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2013, 09:43:15 AM »

DR Laura how did you capture those dragonflies.  Ours never hold still, and you got the white with black like we have. :)

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2013, 09:44:19 AM »

Wow, DR Jane - that is awful! I assume the smoky smell comes with it. It can't be good for people suffering from asthma, either!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2013, 09:51:59 AM »

Popular

Get off the crack, Kristin, and stop supporting this loser.

If you'd listened to it, you'd have realized the "parody" was not supportive.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 09:54:14 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2013, 09:56:29 AM »

Has anyone in LA or who has visited or lived in LA ever dined at   The Hart & The Hunter? 

ryacko

• Fancy an awkward pause?
    • Robert Yacko's dot com
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2013, 10:01:30 AM »

Popular

Here's the link, for those who missed it.... very funny stuff!
http://youtu.be/sgAjzlwClBw

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2013, 10:02:36 AM »

This is not my week!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 10:37:12 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2013, 10:04:09 AM »

My question for ASK BK day is:

Would you ever consider playing Man in the Chair in THE DROWSY CHAPERONE?

Probably not - the original guy was so good that I don't know what I'd bring to it AND I certainly don't know if I'd want to learn all those lines!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2013, 10:04:47 AM »

I'm up after just eight hours of sleep - was hoping for more but alas.  Very overcast out.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2013, 10:11:13 AM »

Jennifer, I'm blaming the theater but there are ethics involved here, I'm afraid.  Her commitment was to us first - period.  The little donor one-song thing that she's doing is not a paying gig, it's a favor.  THEY changed everything not us and they put her in a horrible position and if it were me at that age I would have said to whomever, you've put me in a horrible position and I have to honor my first commitment - she IS paid for our show, BTW. 

We just went to finalize a guy for the anniversary show - this is a guy who committed to the show a couple of months ago, then dropped out for a bigger gig, but said he could definitely do September.  He e-mailed us yesterday saying it looked good but he couldn't let us know for two weeks.  How is that "I can definitely do September."  He's lucky he's dealing with Adryan who is nice about these things.  With me it's very simple - tell me definitely and I assume that word actually has meaning and assume you can definitely do it.  Do this crap twice and I will never work with you - period.  And that's the case here - I'm done with this guy.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2013, 10:15:41 AM »

Jane, that photo is depressing. Looks like it was taken from the inside of a barbecue pit.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ryacko

• Fancy an awkward pause?
    • Robert Yacko's dot com
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2013, 10:19:25 AM »

Jennifer, I'm blaming the theater but there are ethics involved here, I'm afraid.  Her commitment was to us first - period.  The little donor one-song thing that she's doing is not a paying gig, it's a favor.  THEY changed everything not us and they put her in a horrible position and if it were me at that age I would have said to whomever, you've put me in a horrible position and I have to honor my first commitment - she IS paid for our show, BTW. 

I'm so happy Chelsea is back with us.  She'll come through like gangbusters.

And I, too, am frustrated with how Musical Theater West handles things. Knowing she was young, I don't doubt they pushed her to do their bidding, when they indeed were the ones to change schedules at the last minute. It's frustrating when professional people like they claim to be treat you as if you have no life or work outside of their interests. When you're more seasoned, you learn to say no, especially when you're already committed to something else.
And yes, if nothing else, she should have simply said, I have to honor my paid commitment first, and worked out an alternate rehearsal for their freebie.

Hopefully, this will be a good lesson for her.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2013, 10:28:30 AM »

Scary photo DR JANE.

LOL - well MR BK - the lines are fun to say....and yes I agree....the original Man in the Chair was great....as were Beth and Danny and everyone else....   But the show is so much fun, and The Man says so many things that SOUND like you....well....time will tell.

I am doing my opening monolog in my best Bruce Kimmel way.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2013, 10:31:35 AM »

Oh...there are LOTS of scary clips on You Tube of productions of THE DROWSY CHAPERONE.....I had to stop watching them.

Last night on the way home.....the police were turning everyone LEFT onto a country road.  The road narrowed and then turned into a gravel road....with NO cross roads....and it had hard left turns and right turns....  Eventually I came to a T-Stop....didn't even know which direction I was facing...it was raining....

So I turned right and eventually got to a highway I recognized.  But I didn't know which way to turn....so I went RIGHT....and a few miles down I got to the intersection of THAT highway and my original road.  Police were there to keep people from going into Greencastle.  Nothing on the news today, so I don't know the reason.....

MBarnum

« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2013, 10:32:28 AM »

DR JRand, beware, or be aware...you choose...as Mamie Van Doren is headed to your mailbox!

And so is a Thing that Couldn't Die, for your additional enjoyment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up