Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NOTEWORTHY NOTES  (Read 6556 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE NOTEWORTHY NOTES
« Reply #120 on: September 20, 2013, 06:02:08 PM »

5IVE!!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #121 on: September 20, 2013, 06:02:39 PM »

And now, it's work-leaving time.  I came in early, so I get to leave early!

Until later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #122 on: September 20, 2013, 06:03:37 PM »

Some early Betty Grable-Judy Garland movie called Pigskin Parade came in at the library. It's supposedly set at a Texas college, but all of the students look like their 40+. And Patsy Kelly doesn't seem to be able to act straight. It doesn't help that her character's married to a fey Jack Haley.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #123 on: September 20, 2013, 07:05:38 PM »

VIBES FOR EVERYONE~~~~~~ HUMAN~~~~FELINE~~~~CANINE~~~~~OTHER~~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #124 on: September 20, 2013, 07:22:08 PM »

I have over 100 apples from my little trees.  What is your favorite apple recipe

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #125 on: September 20, 2013, 07:44:40 PM »

Back from the Oz 3-D experience. It looks really good to me. The 3-D is not a patch on what can be done when the film is shot that way, but it was really wonderful .  I saw/noticed things I had never seen before.  The really remarkable effects were achieved on the art direction.  Great depth was achieved in several scenes. The opening sepia sequence is stunning.  It was like I was on the sound stage while they were filming.  It is totally worth your time to see it this way...IMO!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

John G.

« Reply #126 on: September 20, 2013, 07:46:15 PM »

Apples and onions sauteed in a little butter with a little salt and brown sugar as a side dish.

Apple pie with plenty of toasted pecans in the mix.

Baked apples with butter and whipped cream.

A salad of apple diced with lemon juice, a little mint and chopped nuts.

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #127 on: September 20, 2013, 08:07:37 PM »

YUM!!!  All good ideas.  I'm planning to sort them all tomorrow.  We had some really strong winds come up and the apples were so heavy on the limbs I decided I needed to pick them early to make sure the trees didn't break.  I did read the apples continue to ripen after picked if I don't refrigerate them, so I'll sort the ripe ones from the green ones as best I can and start cooking!

Cillaliz

« Reply #128 on: September 20, 2013, 08:08:14 PM »

I'm also thinking of making some apple butter and canning it, but canning is such a pain.

John G.

« Reply #129 on: September 20, 2013, 08:33:44 PM »

Marilyn double feature:

Don't Bother to Knock and Niagara.
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #130 on: September 20, 2013, 09:06:17 PM »

Thank you all for the vibes. Joshie came home a little while ago, and he is very spooked and is hiding.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Cillaliz

« Reply #131 on: September 20, 2013, 09:10:32 PM »

So today Edith and I tackled the file room.   We hadn't really gotten things organized since I got the new file cabinets a month or two ago.  We had boxes everywhere, empty toner cartridges our old computers and just stuff.  It was sort of the "don't know where to put it, put it in the file room" kind of spot.   I've got the cartridges in my car, ready to take back to Staples, and I took the hard drive out of the old computers.  I'll keep the hard drives, at least for now, not sure if I'll turn them into external drives or just keep them, but now I can take the computers to the electronic recycle event next week.  I also have some misc equipment I'll take too.     

Edith couldn't believe we got  a lot of shredding done (6 garbage bags)  all the files are organized and put away and all the misc. stuff is either gone or has a place to stay.   SO nice to have that done. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2013, 09:11:12 PM »

Thank you all for the vibes. Joshie came home a little while ago, and he is very spooked and is hiding.

So glad he's home. At least you know he's safe.  Hopefully he will realize that soon and come out of hiding.

Laura

« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2013, 09:18:05 PM »

He has a tale to tell. Sadly, I can't speak cat.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Cillaliz

« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2013, 09:54:18 PM »

If you can record it, maybe one of mine can interpret ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2013, 09:55:22 PM »

Seriously, I hope he's physically ok.  Maybe after he gets some sleep and wakes up at home he'll come out and see you

George

« Reply #136 on: September 20, 2013, 11:31:19 PM »

Back from the Oz 3-D experience. It looks really good to me. The 3-D is not a patch on what can be done when the film is shot that way, but it was really wonderful .  I saw/noticed things I had never seen before.  The really remarkable effects were achieved on the art direction.  Great depth was achieved in several scenes. The opening sepia sequence is stunning.  It was like I was on the sound stage while they were filming.  It is totally worth your time to see it this way...IMO!

Thanks for the report, Ron. :)

George

« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2013, 11:32:02 PM »

Welcome home, Joshie!!

George

« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2013, 11:45:05 PM »

I watched some old TV shows tonight.  A few days ago, I decided on a whim to record a couple of episodes of "Maude" and "The Nanny" in one block of time. 

George

« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2013, 11:46:38 PM »

I set the recording to go even longer, so an episode of "All In the Family" was also recorded.  That particular episode happened to be the one that introduced Edith's cousin Maude, her fourth husband Walter and her daughter by her second husband, Carol (Maude's daughter, not Maude's second husband). 

George

« Reply #140 on: September 20, 2013, 11:46:50 PM »

In that episode, Carol was played by Marcia Rodd.  Evidently, when the show "Maude" became its own series, she didn't want to do it and the role was taken over by Adrienne Barbeau.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: September 21, 2013, 12:10:04 AM »

Back from Funny Girl and must now write notes.  I am beyond tired.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up