Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: KRITZERLAND AT STERLING'S 38  (Read 10496 times)

Laura

Re: KRITZERLAND AT STERLING'S 38
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2013, 08:07:03 AM »

Get well soon, DR Mike.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2013, 08:07:49 AM »

Woohoo! Page 3!

Laura

« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2013, 08:09:07 AM »

Re flu shots: I always get mine early in the season. I had my immunization about a month ago. Now I find out that the flumist they gave me may not protect me. They gave it by mistake: I am too old for it.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2013, 08:12:25 AM »

That is dismaying, DR Laura!     :-\
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2013, 08:13:14 AM »

Indeed, continued ~ ~ ~ SLEEP WELL VIBES ~ ~ ~ for DR elmore3003, and glad that they found the leak without further mishap.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2013, 08:13:48 AM »

~ ~ ~ FEEL BETTER VIBES ~ ~ ~ for DR Mike!      :P

Kate

« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2013, 08:32:40 AM »

DR Laura,

That's to bad about your flu shot.  Apparently you received flumist, the nasal spray.

They should have reviewed that with you.

Hopefully you will still be protected.

MBarnum

« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2013, 08:37:22 AM »

BK, very glad that the show went well!!

Ginny

« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2013, 09:03:43 AM »

OK, I've played and puttered enough here at my desk and on the computer - bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2013, 09:20:53 AM »

TCB: Congratulations on your casting as Mr. Potter.

That set me to wondering, however.  Would you ever be averse to auditioning for Madame Armfeldt in "A Little Night Music"?

And, if cast, would you shave?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2013, 09:35:16 AM »

Very strange DR LAURA.....I hope you got your money back.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2013, 09:35:34 AM »

Yes DR MBARNUM we need photographs of said breakfast.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2013, 09:44:32 AM »

Yes DR MBARNUM we need photographs of said breakfast.

I, too, would love to see that certain glow you'd have in the presence of Bollywood idols!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2013, 09:46:31 AM »

Good morning.  Congrats to bk and the rest for a great show last night.  I've ordered Dearest Enemy from Amazon as opposed to downloading it from iTunes because from what I can see, iTunes isn't offering a digital booklet. 

Kate

« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2013, 10:11:00 AM »

TOD:

HIGHLY RECOMMEND:

How could I forget the following:

The Benjamin Kritzer Triology,

There's Mel, There's Woody and there's You.

Murder at the High School Musical

All great reads, I read them in a flash!, I couldn't put them down till  I finished!

ChasSmith

« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2013, 10:23:43 AM »

No CD today, consarn it!

But I am pleased to see that THE WORLD OF SUZIE WONG is now available on DVD from Warner Archive Collection:  http://goo.gl/7GQPPh

This is great news for anyone like moi who might have been holding out on paying a steep ransom for an out-of-print DVD.  I like to grab those pressed DVDs when it makes sense to do so, but I'm tired of waiting for this one.

Jennifer

« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2013, 10:34:17 AM »

TOD:

Even though I read a lot I'm not usually a big book recommender.  Unless I know a person loves a certain genre.

Here is a genre that I am sure most people on HHW will not have read before (and maybe not even heard of). It's called NA (New Adult).  It has gotten really popular in the last year or two.  It has characters that are 18-25. And has more mature subjects than YA.

There is one author in this genre who has blown me away. Her name is Colleen Hoover.  It is pretty rare for me to give almost all of an author's books 5 stars.  But I gave four of her five books 5 stars (the last one i gave 4 stars but only because it was mostly the same story but told from another character's POV).

I don't know that this genre will be for most HHWers (probably more geared to 20-40 year old women).  But read the blurbs for the books and judge for yourself.  These books are basically contemporary romance but with lots of emotional/serious issues.

http://www.amazon.com/Colleen-Hoover/e/B006SKAK42/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1381253335&sr=1-2-ent

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2013, 10:34:26 AM »

Totally unprompted, a friend of mine on That Other Site just posted this status update:

Some days, all one wants to do is to make a cup of cocoa, put on one's fuzzy bunny slippers, and curl up with The First Nudie Musical.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 10:36:20 AM by singdaw »

Jennifer

« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2013, 10:35:33 AM »

Congrats to DR TCB.  I don't know but I missed your original post.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2013, 10:36:36 AM »

TOD:  I know my literary tastes pretty well, so I rarely read books I wouldn't recommend. 

The only one I can think of is a tawdry piece of trash called DAMN YOU, SCARLET O'HARA, which purports to be about the secret life of Olivier and Vivien Leigh and basically suggests that the two were rampantly bi-sexual, as was everyone else in Hollywood, and everyone they encountered there or in England, regardless of sex, they slept with....Of course with no real supporting evidence other than dubious, smarmy innuendo.  This seems to be the entire agenda of the scummy publishing house, Blood Moon, that put it out...All their books seem to be show biz bios concluding that everyone in Hollywood was either homosexual or bi-sexual and pretty much screwed anything that moved.  I'd say avoid everything this slimy house publishes unless you like reading a lot of salacious lies posing as non-fiction.

I recently read the new bio, OLIVIER, by Philip Ziegler, which I enjoyed, and I devoured Bernard Cornwell's latest 300-page historical epic in his Warlord series, THE PAGAN LORD, in less than two days and found it excellent.  I also like his series about the Hundred Years War.  I'm looking forward to getting STAGE BLOOD by Michael Blakemore about his years at the National Theatre.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2013, 10:43:26 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - I think I got seven hours of sleep - need more.  I would have had more if I hadn't gotten a really irritating e-mail from a customer who got the wrong CD.  He ordered Carnival and got Camelot - the helper obviously grabbed the wrong title - both are one-word titles, both begin with C, so it's not not understandable in a way.  Anyway, this guy's e-mail was so attitude-laden it was oozing like an open sore.  So, I wrote him back and said that it wasn't a conspiracy theory against him, just simple pilot error.  I said to keep the Camelot with our compliments and that we'd send Carnival right out. 

Then I read his e-mail again and it just rankled me so much that I wrote him another e-mail that basically said, in a nice way, that sometimes it's good to read an e-mail before clicking "send" and think how it might come off to those who will be reading it.  I then went on and said that his e-mail was larded with attitude, whether intended or not and made it seem like we'd committed some heinous crime against humanity.  I closed with "I'm sure worse has happened to you in your life. Perspective is everything."  He then wrote me two vicious e-mails in a row, filled with profanity, telling me he was the CUSTOMER and how dare I send such an e-mail.  Let me tell you dare - write an obnoxious e-mail and I'll dare every time because CUSTOMERS like that I don't need, nor does any business.  He was like a screaming out-of-control eight-year-old - I'm not kidding.  I'm tempted to just post the e-mails.  I'd already refunded him his money as I had no intention of sending anything else to him.  I repeated what I said about his initial e-mail and added, what are you, eight with these threats.  And yes, he was saying he'd come to LA and beat me up because he's 6'5 - I'm not making this up.  Of course, he didn't know who was was conversing with and for all he knows I might have been the helper.  The profanity was breathtaking in its inanity.  He wrote two subsequent e-mails, both worse, these basically saying if I wasn't the owner that my ass was toast (I'm not making this up), again saying he'd beat whoever he was conversing with to a pulp and then saying how he was going to send an e-mail blast to all his Broadway friends and friends in national tours telling them how awful we are and that that would teach us.

At that point, I had two choices - really go to the bad BK place that only few have seen, or to, for the first time in all of the years I've been on the Internet, block someone from e-mailing me.  I chose the latter as it was easiest and I was tired and needed sleep.  I will wait with some excitement to hear from all his Broadway friends and friends on national tours to e-mail me.  I think I'll be waiting until the Twelfth of Never, but should anyone write me, my guess is he will have sent them HIS version of these events without telling them about these four childish and completely out of line e-mails - at which point I will be more than happy to forward the entire conversation to them.  :)

How stupid is someone to send actual e-mail threats of violence in this day and age?  And that is why I lost one of my eight hours of sleep.  Dealing with a complete moron - from Louisiana, and that's all I need to say about THAT.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2013, 10:43:38 AM »

Yay, TCB!

ChasSmith

« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2013, 10:54:57 AM »

Stunning.  Absolutely stunning. 

Had he been a repeat customer?

ChasSmith

« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2013, 10:55:35 AM »

Mind-bogglingly, jaw-droppingly, stunning.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2013, 11:06:06 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Vibes, Marimbas, and Xylophones for the Green Light (?)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2013, 11:08:31 AM »

It will be time soon to bring out TCB as "Scrooge" to enjoy once again.

Thank you, Fred.  That is very kind of you to say.
“One thing’s universal,

ChasSmith

« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2013, 11:08:42 AM »

Yes indeed, GREEN LIGHT VIBES all the way, baby!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2013, 11:10:42 AM »

Back after a few days away. Been quite ill trying not ending up in the hospital. Been battling 101 degree fever that finally went down last night with a respiratory infection and flu that is classified as contagious. I have not been to work for the past three days (which is rare for me to take sick days) I've not been able to sleep at nights and peeing way too many times a day. As of this morning i'm better but far from 100%.

Get Well Wishes to DR Mike!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2013, 11:11:34 AM »

Good morning, all.

And good lord, get well soon, DR Mike.

I beieve that Chas must have a "Way Back" Machine.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2013, 11:14:49 AM »

Yes, Congrats to BK on the show!

Ditto!
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up