Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: IT WAS JUST ONE OF THOSE SATURDAYS  (Read 11406 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re: IT WAS JUST ONE OF THOSE SATURDAYS
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2013, 01:47:47 PM »

Hello, everyone.

A pleasant, fall-ish day in LA.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2013, 01:49:35 PM »

Nice photos of Larry and Kevin and Larry and Ben. I agree that Larry looks quite well and one would not know he's just been through an ordeal. Larry, your waist is smaller now, right?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2013, 01:54:28 PM »

JRand, regarding the original LUCY SHOW, there weren't many retakes. There was always a comic before the actual taping, a warm-up for the audience, to get us in "laugh mode." The taping itself went quickly and came across much like live theatre. There was usually an audible "Ohhh..." when there was a glitch, but there weren't many. And the audience always loved the show.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2013, 01:56:40 PM »

Vibes to DR Chas on his upcoming show. Hope it goes smoothly.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2013, 02:00:40 PM »

This is not an endorsement of the show, but since you asked

Andrew Lloyd Weber's Wizard of Oz (the North American Tour)

from what i've heard its the movie with new songs by lloyd webber based on the music of puccini. :-)

I like the new recording (I don't love it, though).  Here is a link to one of the new songs that ALW wrote for the production.  I actually like this song, but others here have said that they don't.  You decide. :)

thanks for posting this, George.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2013, 02:05:58 PM »

Speaking of TWOO (The Wizard of Oz), the new toilet is a Toto. EVERY time I look at it I hear, "Toto! Auntie Em!"

Bruce, during and after the Bluth production Ethelinn was FOREVER saying this. You probably remember. 
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 02:09:56 PM by Jeanne »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2013, 02:08:41 PM »

Larry's printer activates itself during the night and my toilet recites lines from TWOO. Oy!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2013, 02:09:00 PM »

Intermission...the show is going well, but the audience is small and not very responsive.  Oh, well...they paid their money.

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2013, 02:10:51 PM »

They may still be enjoying it--quietly.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2013, 02:14:26 PM »

John Yap of TER is getting pissy and picking fights today. All because I don't like everything about the new recording of ONE TOUCH OF VENUS.

Let him.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2013, 02:15:24 PM »

Love the picture of DRs Elmore and Ben!

In hindsight, which I am very good at,we should have got one of me and Anthony!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2013, 02:15:29 PM »

Speaking of TWOO (The Wizard of Oz), the new toilet is a Toto. EVERY time I look at it I hear, "Toto! Auntie Em!"

Bruce, during and after the Bluth production Ethelinn was FOREVER saying this. You probably remember. 

Reminds me of Madeleine Kahn's big line in "Blazing Saddles": "It's twoo! It's twoo!"
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2013, 02:15:32 PM »

DR John G, still on the barbeque trail?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2013, 02:16:14 PM »

Nice photos of Larry and Kevin and Larry and Ben. I agree that Larry looks quite well and one would not know he's just been through an ordeal. Larry, your waist is smaller now, right?

I don't know, DR Jeanne. For all I know it's from my fat head!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 02:20:13 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2013, 02:17:53 PM »

John Yap of TER is getting pissy and picking fights today. All because I don't like everything about the new recording of ONE TOUCH OF VENUS.

John Yap has lost his marbles.  I think he said on Facebook (it was removed because of the responses - he's lucky I didn't respond) that One Touch of Venus (or one of his other many unreleased albums) cost $700,000 and would have to sell 500,000 copies to break even.  That is an insane person talking.  No cast album in history has cost anywhere near that figure even with some of the hefty advances companies used to pay in the Golden Age.  The average cast album in 2013 costs under $300,000 and even One Touch of Venus would not fall into that category because there would have been no reuse on the orchestrations (a major part of any cast album budget) or copyist expenses.  And he has to sell 500,000 to break even?  Is he mad?  Presuming he's getting back as low as seven dollars a CD, those with even a perfunctory bit of math knowledge can figure out that would be a net of 3.5 MILLION dollars!  Someone please point this out to him and shut him up.  I'm sure the One Touch of Venus recording is up to his usual standards, which means it won't be to my liking, but I do know others love his stuff so what do I know?

Half a million copies? Will it sell 2,000?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2013, 02:18:41 PM »

The rain continues to fall. It was loud and raucous during church. Then during a church meeting this afternoon, the thunder came through like someone was bowling. Now, it's just raining and raining and, well, you get the picture.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2013, 02:19:32 PM »

Let him.

There are good things on it, but too much that should be better. And, for all of my grievances about Mr Yap, I must say that when his complete show recordings are good - and a few are - they'e very good. This one isn't. I use his bad ones as models on what not to do.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 02:24:24 PM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2013, 02:23:31 PM »

Tomorrow I have physical therapy. They were supposed to be open at 9am on Saturday, but I called and called and no one picked up.  I wanted to move my appointment to Tuesday since I have an appointment to see my eye doctor at 10am tomorrow. Well, tomorrow morning I'll try to move the eye appointment to sometime in the next three weeks. It would be too much of a schlep tomorrow to 22nd and Fifth Avenue without a taxi and i do not want to spend $20 getting there.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2013, 02:25:22 PM »

I am going to watch the DVD that DR Ben and Anthony brought me.  I just made myself a grilled cheese sandwich, Wunderbar!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2013, 02:25:44 PM »

Now I want grilled cheese and ham.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2013, 02:26:02 PM »

I am my own frenzy here.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2013, 02:26:38 PM »

I've also gone back to drinking cranberry juice and diet ginger ale.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 03:03:07 PM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2013, 02:26:56 PM »

Enough Me for this page!

Ben

« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2013, 02:32:54 PM »

Main Street to Broadway, like a few of us here!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2013, 02:38:19 PM »

John Yap has lost his marbles.  I think he said on Facebook (it was removed because of the responses - he's lucky I didn't respond) that One Touch of Venus (or one of his other many unreleased albums) cost $700,000 and would have to sell 500,000 copies to break even.  That is an insane person talking.  No cast album in history has cost anywhere near that figure even with some of the hefty advances companies used to pay in the Golden Age.  The average cast album in 2013 costs under $300,000 and even One Touch of Venus would not fall into that category because there would have been no reuse on the orchestrations (a major part of any cast album budget) or copyist expenses.  And he has to sell 500,000 to break even?  Is he mad?  Presuming he's getting back as low as seven dollars a CD, those with even a perfunctory bit of math knowledge can figure out that would be a net of 3.5 MILLION dollars!  Someone please point this out to him and shut him up.  I'm sure the One Touch of Venus recording is up to his usual standards, which means it won't be to my liking, but I do know others love his stuff so what do I know?

He'll be lucky to sell 1000 copies.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2013, 02:43:33 PM »

Second act vibes to DR GEORGE.

Thanks DR JEANNE....most interesting!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Cillaliz

« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2013, 03:05:33 PM »

Great photo of Elmore and Ben!

Cillaliz

« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2013, 03:08:27 PM »

I finished doing the cubes for my closet today.  They are now three deep and 5 wide which is about the size of the closet below the bar for hanging clothes.  It's a small closet in an old house. I've been sorting and tossing and putting things on the shelves.   I have about one more big push and it will all be done.  Whew!  I found a few things I've been wondering about and thought I had lost in my last move.  No, I put them in a box and it went in the closet during the last move, lol. 

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2013, 03:08:47 PM »

DR Jane, I also thought my niece would be able to go around the lake by bike. However it can get kind of tricky when there are other people on the path (kids, dogs and other bikes especially). Luckily no dogs jumped out at her. That would not have been good (although she was pretty far from them). She did have one problem with another biker. He was trying to pass her. But he didn't let her know that he was there. People have to realize that kid bikers might not be that great. I told her the biker was there. But i think she got a bit nervous and her steering veered. I told her to be more careful since that was dangerous. But really him zooming by was dangerous too. I don't think people who want to race should be on this path since there are so many pedestrians.

I've had experience with bikers like that-dangerous and annoying.  I began walking on the opposite side of the path so the bikers would be in front of me and my dog would be on my left.  Then the bikers would have to pass on my right.  I still walk facing the bikers.  Really annoying are the parents who don't teach their children manners or tell them to move away from people walking.

John G.

« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2013, 03:08:59 PM »

He'll be lucky to sell 1000 copies.

In other words, his promise of a future CD release with a booklet is really just talk.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up