Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SATURDAY REPORT  (Read 16049 times)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
Re:THE SATURDAY REPORT
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2004, 03:46:21 PM »

...then on Page Three.

Tomovoz

« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2004, 03:57:06 PM »

I feel better now that Panni has taken us to page three. I'm off to the post office in a few minutes (not just to take Magnus and Fosca for a ride in the car) to see if My Ship has arrived in port or whatever..

Magnus is already putting me under pressure and Fosca is wanting attention - they love their little journeys to the PO.

Back later - but not much!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2004, 03:58:11 PM »

Try explaining to dogs that Monday's mail is sorted a little later! Pressure!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2004, 04:20:04 PM »

So much for waiting for my ship to arrive. No parcels, no letters and no bills either - not all bad news. At least the dogs are happy now.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2004, 04:23:24 PM »

A 22  minute return journey and nothing to split my posts. I don't even have a split infinitive. (one of my favoured indiscretions - always liked them since Mad magazine represented them in cartoon form as a monster with a wood splitter in its skull).
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2004, 04:24:45 PM »

A mini frenzy from the "Land down under". (A "Men At Work" reference).
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2004, 04:29:48 PM »

Sorry your ship has not come in, Tom.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2004, 04:29:51 PM »

I just hate when that happens, go away only to find no one else has posted while you were gone.

Glad the dogs are now happy.

Jane

« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2004, 04:30:56 PM »

Last night Keith made his first E-bay bid and just now found he won.  Soon we shall have the complete DVD set of the Sci Fi Classic, Science Fiction Theater.  He is very excited.   :D

Jane

« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2004, 04:32:01 PM »

Now that Keith has set up an account maybe I will do a little shopping. ;)

Panni

« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2004, 04:35:04 PM »

Now that Keith has set up an account maybe I will do a little shopping. ;)

Danger! Danger! :o

Jane

« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2004, 04:39:30 PM »

;D I can’t find anything-so far.  ::) I think the danger will be if Keith becomes addicted to the site.  

MBarnum

« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2004, 04:44:19 PM »

DR Jane, join the Ebay club! As JRand53 and I can tell you Ebay is one addiction you will never want to give up! LOL!

Spent most of this afternoon lounging in the back yard with Freddy and finishing the book THE CAT WHO WILL LIVE FOREVER...the last of the wonderful trilogy by Peter Gethers. The final book was sad and touching but still made you feel so good about the people and pets who you surround yourself with and who touch your lives!

Jennifer

« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2004, 04:45:36 PM »

DR Emily, how did I know that you would notice the divers still wear speedos. :)

Yep I noticed too.

I cannot wait till the real diving comps begin.

I have no idea who thought of synchro diving.   But it is totally bizarre!

VERY EXCITING swimming event today (won't spoil it).  Mens 4 X 100 relay.

Hmm, only one Canadian swimmer made it to the finals. :(

MBarnum

« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2004, 04:45:37 PM »

...and speaking of Ebay, it is now time for me to do some shopping to make up for the 3 items I was outbid on today!

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2004, 04:48:43 PM »

I am off to the Hollywood Bowl for a concert performance of Puccini's Turandot.  Will check in when I return.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Panni

« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2004, 04:54:10 PM »

DR Jay, gadding about as usual! Enjoy!

Tomovoz

« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2004, 05:01:29 PM »

I went as far as registering on ebay but I can not afford the addiction. I do not go there at all. If I don't know about what is out there I won't want it.
DR Jay's cultural life is amazing. Some of us live vicariously. We do love to read the reviews.
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2004, 05:10:01 PM »

Hell, my name is George and I am an eBay addict.  (collective "Hello, George.")  I have gotten so many things at such cheap prices that it's amazing.  What's also amazing is when I first started eBaying, how much I thought I would be willing to pay for something, and REALLY glad when I got outbid at the last second.  At that time, there was no "watching" an auction.  You had to either remember what the auction was or just bid on it.  Which is what I did.  Now I try and only get the things that I really, really want...but I'm not yet at the point where I only get things that I really, really need. ::)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2004, 05:11:30 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Panni

« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2004, 05:18:46 PM »

...but I'm not yet at the point where I only get things that I really, really need. ::)

Which brings up an interesting topic: What is it that we really really need? I mean if you had to start life all over again somewhere far away where you could buy nothing other than food, what would you take with you? (Pets, of course, but other than that.)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2004, 05:19:14 PM »

This is indeed strange, coming back from work to find so few postings.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2004, 05:25:02 PM »

I have discovered something really disgusting at work, a habit some customers seem to have that can only be replied to with the word "Eeeeewwwww!"

This disgusting thing is people leaving half-eaten food on our shelves.

(All together now: "Eeeeewwwww!")

I have no idea why people do things like this.  We have a sign in the front of the store, next to the door, that says "No food allowed in the store."  This sign is generally ignored, mainly because there is a Candy Kitchen store right across from ours, and their customers are an impatient lot.

So I regularly find bits of half-eaten foodstuffs on the shelves.  

The only thing that could be worse would be if smoking were still allowed in the outlet mall stores.  Picking up other people's butts would really be...

No, not suggestive...

Something else, something nasty.

Bleh.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2004, 05:26:13 PM »

Which brings up an interesting topic: What is it that we really really need? I mean if you had to start life all over again somewhere far away where you could buy nothing other than food, what would you take with you? (Pets, of course, but other than that.)

ALL OF MY RECORDS AND CDs!!!  THOSE are completely required (to me, at least)!!  AND my complete stereo system and my computer to make CDs of the records.  AND an appropriate power source.

However, if you're only talking about absolute necessities, I'd probably say a regular income and some sort transportation.  I think that most people truly could make due with just the absolute basic necessities if they had no choice.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2004, 05:28:44 PM »

S. Woody, there was a store in a local mall that used to have a sign that read:

"Food and drink are loved by all,
But please partake out in the hall.
"

I don't know if it made a difference, but they had it prominently displayed and festively decorated so that you couldn't miss it.  It certainly made me think about it.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2004, 05:28:51 PM »

May we assume that this somewhere, far far away (a Shrek reference) is relatively balmy and pleasant year-round?  Because otherwise we'd all have to pack a lot of clothes, and the younger we are, the more clothes we'll have to pack.

Or, of course, we could all run around starkers!   :D :o 8)

George

« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2004, 05:30:02 PM »

Now, I must take a shower (not having one since yesteray morning) and go to my sister's house.  My mom is visiting and I don't want to feel too icky.  Later!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2004, 05:33:07 PM »

(All together now: "Eeeeewwwww!")

Eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwww!!

Be careful, Jane. Pretty soon, you'll be addicted to eBay and you'll get the shakes if you're not bidding on an auction with one hand and holding a Cherry Coke in the other.

I am a recovering eBayaholic (although I refuse to give up my Cherry Coke).
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2004, 05:33:33 PM »

Some people, DR George, do not know how to read signs, or at least don't bother to read them.

Yesterday, co-worker Chris was telling me of a woman who had piled various kitchen gadgets on the cash-register counter, and kept rapping on top of a sign he had placed there.  "Will someone ring me up?" she kept saying, while rapping on the sign.  Chris, with a line of customers at the other register, was unable to help her.  She finally left in disgust, leaving all her gadgets on the counter (for Chris to put away later).

The sign she had been rapping on the entire time?  It read, quite clearly, "Register Closed.  Please use other register.  Thank-you."

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2004, 05:34:53 PM »

Now, I must take a shower (not having one since yesteray morning) and go to my sister's house.  My mom is visiting and I don't want to feel too icky.  Later!
You are planning on re-dressing yourself between step A and step B, I trust?

;)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2004, 05:36:22 PM »

I am a recovering eBayaholic (although I refuse to give up my Cherry Coke).
You leave an Cherry Coke in my store, plan on it being poured into your Sweedish Chef hat!

(I can get vicious when provoked!   :o)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up