Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BRIEFS  (Read 15825 times)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
Re:BRIEFS
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2004, 12:43:22 PM »

And one for Mahler. (Who wore boxers.)

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2004, 12:45:00 PM »

My mom is watching three shows at once. Olympic basketball, something about grilling, and the Humane Society telethon.

School starts on Monday, and I still have a lot of sitting around to catch up on before that.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2004, 12:48:07 PM »

Today is the perfect day to once again post (for the third time - no one seemed to notice the first two attempts) this totally juvenile bit of Latin "humor" which we thought was a hoot in my high school Latin days. For those of you who know some Latin, just translate each word and say it out loud:
                   SEMPER UBI SUB UBI.

Semper= "Always"
Ubi= "Where"
Sub= "Under"

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2004, 12:48:30 PM »

Although they are rather expensive, one reason why I like Nordstom's 100% cotton boxers is that the inner side of the waistband (that is, the side of the waistband that comes in contact with my too too sullied flesh--Oh.  A Hamlet reference) is covered in cotton.  Most other boxers (as in underwear, not pugilists) I've encountered tend to irritate the skin with exposed elastic, which is most unseemly.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

François de Paris

« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2004, 01:48:22 PM »

Semper ubi sub ubi:

Always eat submarine sandwiches!

No!
It could be some Woody Allen advise... BUT a Google search would give you the answer!

AND it IS in theme with TOD!
Amen!

François de Paris

« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2004, 01:50:14 PM »

Ooops!

dear reader Sandra gave the answer!

Smart girl! Must be the Hat!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2004, 02:09:18 PM »

I'm back in the home environment.  We're close to being sold out tonight - good news.  I must put on something I don't care about watching so I can fall asleep.

Panni

« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2004, 02:21:53 PM »

Hurray for Sandra!
Semper (always) ubi (where) sub (under) ubi (where)

Now say it together and you have the kid's Latin joke that fits the TOD. (It's also the perfect illustation of what a silly language English is. Words that sound exactly the same should only mean ONE thing. So there.)

Panni

« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2004, 02:25:20 PM »

I must put on something I don't care about watching so I can fall asleep.

Plaid polyester boxer briefs?

Tomovoz

« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2004, 02:25:37 PM »

Not quite the same as marry merry Mary I guess!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2004, 02:26:53 PM »

Plaid polyester boxer briefs?
I hope they don't glow in the dark.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2004, 02:29:14 PM »

I have selected the DVDs for tonight's entertainment (before SHOWGIRLS):

NIGHT & DAY which has been waiting two days to be played

and THIS PROPERTY IS CONDEMNED. May not get to that one before SHOWGIRLS starts. if that happens, I'll watch it tomorrow.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2004, 02:29:40 PM »

Thank you, DR td. What a sweet thing to say.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Tomovoz

« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2004, 02:29:46 PM »

DR Jay seems to have been shuffling his CD collection with mine. I must go and check if my Carly, Melissa and ABBA are still here.

Wonderful trio of CDs: Carly's "My Romance", "Torch Songs" and "Film Noir".  Recommended listening.
James Thurber 1957

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2004, 02:33:34 PM »

Could someone please explain the marry merry Mary thing again?

My mom has fallen in love with every single kitten and puppy on the Humane Society Telethon.

François de Paris

« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2004, 02:38:36 PM »

Judy Kuhn, Alan Menken and Jodi Benson Salute Disney Music
 Aug. 20 and 21

The Hollywood Bowl will offer The Great American Concert with Fireworks—Walt Disney: 75 Years of Music Aug. 20 and 21.

Part of the Bowl's "Weekend Spectaculars" series, the concerts will feature the vocal talents of Judy Kuhn, Jodi Benson, Paige O'Hara, Lisa Vroman and Stuart Ambrose. Tony-winning composer Alan Menken will also be part of the evenings, which feature Mary Costa as narrator and special guest Dick Van Dyke. John Mauceri will conduct the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra, and the Disney salute will also boast the Cal State Fullerton University Singers under the direction of John Alexander. Show time is 8:30 PM.

According to the Bowl's official website, the concerts will "pay tribute to a true Great American icon — the inimitable Walt Disney. This weekend celebrates his commitment to orchestral music, from the beginnings with 'Steamboat Willie' to the drama of 'Fantasia' to the mega-smash 'The Lion King.' From old favorites to new hits to classic songs, there truly will be something for everyone at this first-time event that ends as only a Great American concert could — with fireworks." The concerts are produced in cooperation with The Walt Disney Company.

Tomovoz

« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2004, 02:41:09 PM »

No Washingtonians here today Sandra. Our friends from the North West can hear no distinction in the sounds. They pronounce each word the same way. As they do with Harry and Hairy.. Original post so long ago was because of the words Ferry and Fairy. I think a fairy sank!

Of course I have not heard the words as spoken by our friends!  Perhaps DR Jane can check if DR George says the words as do Jed and Tom.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2004, 02:42:45 PM by Tomovoz »
James Thurber 1957

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2004, 03:10:19 PM »

Now she's watching an infomercial for an omelet-making machine. I think she wants to get it. This is why I don't usually let her watch TV.

Tomovoz

« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2004, 03:15:12 PM »

Very wise DR Sandra.
James Thurber 1957

td

• td
« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2004, 03:28:51 PM »

If we're going back to yesterday's TOD as well as today's, whilst sucking up the waters of August, i have been listening to
A Van Morrison Compilation Disc containing:
"TB Sheets"
"Madam George"
"Cypress Road"
"Summertime in England"
"Take Me Back"
"In the Garden"

as well as Renee Geyer LIVE AT THE ATHENAEUM.
I've gotta say that this is one awesome live set from a very gifted blues-singin' lady.   It takes b***s for a woman to cover James Brown's "It's a Man's Man's Man's World," it takes true talent to turn it into a successful personal anthem.

Just catching up on a few nice things I've missed along the way.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Tomovoz

« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2004, 03:33:47 PM »

Time for you to "Discover" Kate Ceberano and Wendy Mathews td. Also the wonders of Grace Knight and Vince Jones are worth checking out.
James Thurber 1957

td

• td
« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2004, 03:38:06 PM »

Time for you to "Discover" Kate Ceberano and Wendy Mathews td. Also the wonders of Grace Knight and Vince Jones are worth checking out.

Did I somehow inadvertently subscribe to the "Australians Teach Music Appreciation Society?"   ;)

First, someone introduces me to "Making Gravy" by Paul Kelly and all hell breaks loose. . .Oooh!  Renee sings a Paul Kelly song or two, too.  Isn't that just too-too?

Tomovoz

« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2004, 03:40:10 PM »

Paul Kelly is a wonderful song writer. Great Christmas song. (How to Make Gravy)
James Thurber 1957

td

• td
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2004, 03:41:44 PM »

Thank you, DR td. What a sweet thing to say.

You are most welcome, DR MattH.  I try to be as open and honest as a family site such as this will allow.

I'm sure that some of us are very attentive to today's TOD, some more than others, I reckon.   ;)

td

• td
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2004, 03:43:19 PM »

Paul Kelly is a wonderful song writer. Great Christmas song. (How to Make Gravy)

I vow that I shall not modify my previous post, which has the inaccurate name of the song, BUT, you've gotta give me credit, I had the COMPOSER RIGHT!  Or, did I have the composer WRITE.   ;)

No Groaning on Haineshisway!

Panni

« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2004, 03:51:59 PM »

I have just washed my hair. Thought I'd share.
BTW - I, Panni, am going to see WHAT IF? once again tonight. (Viewing #3) I'm excited! I hope the TOD doesn't require me to describe the lovely white cotton unmentionables I'll be wearing to the theatuh. (Cole Porter would not approve. Nor would he care, for that matter.)

Jay

« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2004, 04:27:25 PM »

Hmmm.  No pix of Dear Readers in their undergarments and no word from the Pacific Northwest Convergence.

Dear Reader Jose and I went to see Collateral this afternoon.  It was good in its way, but movies like this are not my favorite genre.

The flick also lost me when cab driver Jamie Foxx picks up Tom Cruise at Los Angeles International Airport and as they pull away you see Walt Disney Concert Hall in the background.  There were plenty of other location inconsistencies in the movie.

Dear Reader Jose, however, did enjoy the film, so the sojourn to the cinema was not a total loss!

Jay

« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2004, 04:34:51 PM »

I will be leaving in a bit to head to the Freud (rhymes with "rude") Playhouse on the UCLA (rhymes with "UCLA") campus to see Brigadoon, presented by the good people at Reprise!  Miss Marin Mazzie and Mr. Jason Danieley, who, I guess, hung around in the neighborhood following their run in 110 in the Shade at the Pasadena Playhouse, star.  Miss Deborah Gibson, Mr. Sean McDermott and Mr. Orson Bean are also featured.

Panni

« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2004, 04:45:27 PM »

The gaddabout gads about!

Panni

« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2004, 04:47:01 PM »

And we journey on, briefs, boxers, bikinis and budgies (don't know how they got in there - but they insist on staying) to...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up