Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SANTA AND HIS ELVES WORKING AROUND THE CLOCK  (Read 12072 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: SANTA AND HIS ELVES WORKING AROUND THE CLOCK
« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2013, 05:53:56 PM »

PAGE FOUR DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2013, 05:54:09 PM »

Holy Crap!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2013, 05:54:10 PM »

Good morning, all.

In Oaxaca, Mexico, this evening is known as Noche de los Rabanos, or Night of the Radishes. How will you be celebrating? 

I have a friend who went to the radish festival there once.   I do have radishes in the fridge....guess I'll eat some

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2013, 05:55:02 PM »

Happy Christmas Eve Eve.to one and all.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #94 on: December 23, 2013, 06:02:29 PM »

hmmm something just for me?   To have a windfall that gives me enough to pay off my house, add on a den in back and put bookshelves all along the north wall in the living room and take some time off to enjoy it. 

George

« Reply #95 on: December 23, 2013, 06:03:05 PM »

And to you, too, Tom!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #96 on: December 23, 2013, 06:03:47 PM »

Speaking of the house....I have hung 10 of the 14 new shades.  I love them.  It was an expensive gift to myself that I'll be paying for, but after 8 years in the house with mini-blinds, I figured it was time to get the good stuff

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2013, 06:04:02 PM »

My super and his son-in-law arrived, moped up the mess under the sink, and determined the leak is coming from the cold water fixture under the sink.  It's been leaking for three weeks. The new sink was installed on Dec. 2.

A plumber will be called in the morning and will hopefully repair the mess tomorrow.  Otherwise I have no cold water for three days.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #98 on: December 23, 2013, 06:04:21 PM »

I love to send Eve Eve wishes!  Same to you!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #99 on: December 23, 2013, 06:05:09 PM »

TOD:

I'd love a few things that money can't buy: A cure for my diabetes, a month with great sleep each night, the end of this book even close to deadline, a clean house (well, money could probably buy the latter) ...

I would settle for a quality reason for not getting a great night's sleep.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #100 on: December 23, 2013, 06:06:04 PM »

My super and his son-in-law arrived, moped up the mess under the sink, and determined the leak is coming from the cold water fixture under the sink.  It's been leaking for three weeks. The new sink was installed on Dec. 2.

A plumber will be called in the morning and will hopefully repair the mess tomorrow.  Otherwise I have no cold water for three days.

Seriously?  Sounds like a washer may fix it or a new part.  I suppose with all the codes etc, they probably can't just fix it without a plumber.  Will you have hot water?  You can always pour hot water and let it cool :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #101 on: December 23, 2013, 06:06:53 PM »

TOD:

I'd love a few things that money can't buy: A cure for my diabetes, a month with great sleep each night, the end of this book even close to deadline, a clean house (well, money could probably buy the latter) ...

:)

Cillaliz

« Reply #102 on: December 23, 2013, 06:07:47 PM »

You're making me feel greedy, TCB, but it's what I've been thinking about as I work on the house

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2013, 06:19:20 PM »

Happy Birthday, DS Bryan

Happy Birthday, E&T Craig Brockman
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #104 on: December 23, 2013, 06:20:05 PM »

And Today Is Errant And Truant Son's Birthday...So Let's Give A Shout Out To CRAIG BROCKMAN Who Is One Year Older Today.

A Very Happy Birthday to Craig Brockman!! :D

Happy Birthday, Craig Brockman!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #105 on: December 23, 2013, 06:21:24 PM »

Wasn't there a video of Bette Davis or maybe a Bette Davis impersonator saying "Merry Christmas - Eve"

Or was it about "New Year's - Eve"

John G.

« Reply #106 on: December 23, 2013, 06:21:25 PM »

TOD:

More I could not wish you, as the song says.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: December 23, 2013, 06:22:42 PM »

Well when I woke up this morning, I read on BookFace that my nephew Lance and his girlfriend Tracie were now ENGAGED.

Then I got a phone call from my sister to tell me that they are going to be married on Christmas Day!  So we have a wedding coming up....

I am okay with this I think.....details forthcoming.....but....well....I'm just not on board yet....but I have a whole day to think about it.

There is a big age difference in that Tracie has at least one child that is the same age as Lance.....

Oh!
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #108 on: December 23, 2013, 06:22:45 PM »

Ugh. Will you be OK without that?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #109 on: December 23, 2013, 06:23:59 PM »

Good morning, all.

In Oaxaca, Mexico, this evening is known as Noche de los Rabanos, or Night of the Radishes. How will you be celebrating? 

I have a friend who went to the radish festival there once.   I do have radishes in the fridge....guess I'll eat some

I'm having a German take on it. Pumpernickel, butter, Swiss cheese and salted radishes.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #110 on: December 23, 2013, 06:26:50 PM »

Happy birthday, DS Bryan!
― Voltaire

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #111 on: December 23, 2013, 06:33:15 PM »

I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

George

« Reply #112 on: December 23, 2013, 06:33:49 PM »

Better no cold water than no hot water.

George

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #114 on: December 23, 2013, 06:35:24 PM »

DR Jrand63 - to answer your question, I have not met anyone famous yet, unless you count a local classical radio personality. But I do live one block away from the house in which F. Scott Fitzgerald was born, and which is still standing.
But yes, I am settling in nicely, and thanks!       :)
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

George

« Reply #115 on: December 23, 2013, 06:37:15 PM »

Well, I need to leave work and brave the parking lot and aisles of Costco.  I was just going to get some diet Pepsi, but my friend Margo called and asked if I could look for some Mr. Clean White Erasers.  I said sure.  I have a couple of DVDs that I need to get to her anyway, so I won't have to make a separate trip for that. 

One of the DVDs is "The Sound of Music," which today I FINALLY mailed to John, Ginny and Vixmom...sorry about the delay.  Let me know when/if you get them!

George

« Reply #116 on: December 23, 2013, 06:37:31 PM »

Be back later!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #117 on: December 23, 2013, 06:43:27 PM »

My wonderful super has just shown up to investigate the mess. When the plumber installed the new plumbing, he clearly forgot to finish it.

It sounds like it.  I'm glad your super showed up, now if he can get the plumber to do the same.

Jane

« Reply #118 on: December 23, 2013, 06:45:17 PM »

TOD:

That sounds heavenly.

Jane

« Reply #119 on: December 23, 2013, 06:46:16 PM »

Seriously?  Sounds like a washer may fix it or a new part.  I suppose with all the codes etc, they probably can't just fix it without a plumber.  Will you have hot water?  You can always pour hot water and let it cool :)

Clever DR Cilla.  I think I would rather be without cold water than hot.  I remember Craig had to boil water for a bath when he was in the Peace Corps.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up