News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: PROOF  (Read 6329 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: PROOF
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2014, 01:42:19 PM »

Four!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2014, 02:01:43 PM »

I'm still kinda freaked out, Ginny, that you would have a review I wrote 29 years ago.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2014, 02:33:28 PM »

Back from a surprisingly delightful lunch with someone I knew from the Bluth Brothers days, when I was sixteen and seventeen.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2014, 02:33:49 PM »

I didn't get out of Toyland until 3:30; Kyle and Michael showed up at around the same time for their scores, and Kyle's friend Sally, who was in town for an opera audition, came with him. I liked them all, and the social interaction was fast and furious. Then, I had a 30-minute wait for the damned bus. I'm home, coughing a lot, and feeling feverish.  I think I will stay in all day tomorrow in hopes that I can get this out of my system before Sunday. 
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2014, 02:34:11 PM »

In thirty minutes I'll be on my way to the book fair and probably back by seven-ish, at which point I'll call Muse Margaret and run a few things by her.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2014, 02:36:19 PM »

In sad news, preparing now to head to a wake for the brother of a friend of mine. A man in his early sixties, who last weekend fell down his basement steps and died from the subsequent head wound.

This is very sad.  I have a FB friend who is a doctor and it took her several days to force her husband to go to the ER after a car accident.  On his own he might not have gone in time to discover he had more than a concussion and was bleeding. 

My condolences to you, your friend, and all who loved him.

Jane

« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2014, 02:36:54 PM »

I'm still kinda freaked out, Ginny, that you would have a review I wrote 29 years ago.

I know, it is exciting too.

Jane

« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2014, 02:41:09 PM »

DR John years ago when I went to NY and met DR elmore he gifted me a book from his personal collection on the Shakespeare Festival here in Ashland.  When I saw who wrote the broke I was trilled as they were a couple I hiked with every week and the husband organized our group and led the hikes.  After I returned I asked them to autograph the book.  They were full of smiles to see I had it.

Now I treasure this book for the connection to DR elmore, my wonderful time in NY, and to two dear people who are no longer with us.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2014, 02:45:29 PM »

In sad news, preparing now to head to a wake for the brother of a friend of mine. A man in his early sixties, who last weekend fell down his basement steps and died from the subsequent head wound.

How sad!  I'm so sorry!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2014, 03:05:57 PM »

Yeah, I was kind of stunned, too, DR John G!  Would you prefer a photocopy by snail mail or a scan by email?  I can do either next time I'm at my computer.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2014, 03:08:09 PM »

Condolences to your friend and his family.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2014, 03:40:02 PM »

Condolences to you and your friend, DR George

Matthew

« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2014, 03:50:44 PM »

I'm listening to what is probably going to be our season opener in the fall at the theatre company I work at.  The recording was released today and I was freaking out because the board insisted on programming this piece next year - even though the Resident Music Director (me!) hadn't even heard the score.  So, now i'm hearing it, and it's not bad, really.  The show recently closed on Broadway in December - has to do with a fish.  You can figure that out. 

What bugs me about next season is that the two big musicals are by the same composer.  I tried to tell the board that really was not a good idea, but both shows would be premieres in the area and they are new.  The other show, by the same composer as the aforementioned show, has to do with a family from a 60's sitcom.  Not one of my favorite scores, but it might be fun anyway. 

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2014, 03:56:00 PM »

Thank you for all the condolences. The deceased was a conservative Lutheran, but the rest of his family was Catholic. They opted to closed the casket just before visiting hours started, thankfully.      :P
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2014, 03:56:38 PM »

When you were all of what...    10?        :)
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #105 on: February 07, 2014, 03:57:27 PM »

The show recently closed on Broadway in December - has to do with a fish.  You can figure that out. 

Wow.   That was quick!

Jane

« Reply #106 on: February 07, 2014, 04:04:11 PM »

I am very happy to report it has been raining all afternoon.

KevinH

« Reply #107 on: February 07, 2014, 04:11:58 PM »

Hope you'll feel better soon, DR elmore, and that you'll be able to meet Sunday.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: February 07, 2014, 04:37:55 PM »

Hope you'll feel better soon, DR elmore, and that you'll be able to meet Sunday.

Thanks, DR KevinH! I hope so, too.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #109 on: February 07, 2014, 05:03:01 PM »

The show recently closed on Broadway in December - has to do with a fish.  You can figure that out. 

This cast album is being released (digitally) today, by the way...

KevinH

« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2014, 05:04:58 PM »

Hope DR vixmom is feeling better.  Sorry she had to go to work today!

KevinH

« Reply #111 on: February 07, 2014, 05:07:28 PM »

I'm glad to see the forecast for NYC on Sunday is scattered flurries.  It looks like there won't be another significant snowfall.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #112 on: February 07, 2014, 05:07:49 PM »

This cast album is being released (digitally) today, by the way...

I've pre-ordered the physical CD. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #113 on: February 07, 2014, 05:36:39 PM »

That's terrible!  My condolences to your friend and his family. :(

Ditto. That is horrible.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #114 on: February 07, 2014, 05:39:07 PM »

And now, I'm off to the theater.  Tonight is the official opening night of "The House on Pooh Corner."  I'm sure that it'll be a hit with the kids.

Until later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2014, 05:40:27 PM »

You can watch Brokeback Mountain, the opera, here:
http://www.medici.tv/

A bit of a tough sled!

Jennifer

« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2014, 05:47:17 PM »

I'm listening to what is probably going to be our season opener in the fall at the theatre company I work at.  The recording was released today and I was freaking out because the board insisted on programming this piece next year - even though the Resident Music Director (me!) hadn't even heard the score.  So, now i'm hearing it, and it's not bad, really.  The show recently closed on Broadway in December - has to do with a fish.  You can figure that out. 

What bugs me about next season is that the two big musicals are by the same composer.  I tried to tell the board that really was not a good idea, but both shows would be premieres in the area and they are new.  The other show, by the same composer as the aforementioned show, has to do with a family from a 60's sitcom.  Not one of my favorite scores, but it might be fun anyway. 

I am very fond of this composer. And like a hundred years ago I used to write a newsletter for his musical that had the same name as another musical that year.

Jane

« Reply #117 on: February 07, 2014, 06:14:31 PM »

I am impressed with Bed Bath & Beyond.  If I had known how easy it would be to exchange the pop corn maker because of a cracked lid I would have called them sooner.  Since the lit still works they are mailing us a new one.  Once it arrives we just take the old one back and get a credit for the price of the new one I just charged.  We don't have the box or the receipt but since we paid with a credit card they verified it was purchased there.

For Keith's sake I hope the lid holds until the new one arrives. He loves this pop corn maker.

Jane

« Reply #118 on: February 07, 2014, 06:34:22 PM »

I laughed when Keith told me the movie he ordered from Red Box today, Escape Plan.  I hope I don't need subtitles to understand what everyone is saying.

Matthew

« Reply #119 on: February 07, 2014, 06:56:04 PM »

Condolences to you and your friend, DR George

Yikes -- need to wear my glasses more often

My condolences to DR singdaw's friend and his family
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up