Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BOOK FAIR  (Read 6699 times)

Cillaliz

Re: THE BOOK FAIR
« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2014, 03:47:49 PM »

I had to go get some bottled water (I have a dispenser for the 5 gallon bottles) and drove by the main break.  The crews are still out there.  I'm lucky it was a block away

Cillaliz

« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2014, 03:48:15 PM »

Page 4!

Cillaliz

« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2014, 03:49:26 PM »

My directv has NBCSports channel so I've watched some of the Olympics live.  I may start taping it over night so I can see more than just the highlights on the network.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2014, 03:51:55 PM »

I had to go get some bottled water (I have a dispenser for the 5 gallon bottles) and drove by the main break.  The crews are still out there.  I'm lucky it was a block away

Still, a good idea to keep stocked with water at this time of year.

Cillaliz

« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2014, 03:53:27 PM »

Today I roasted a chicken.  It was a 6 lb chicken.  My mom said at that weight I should have stewed it, but it tasted fine.  I took it off the bone and will freeze part of it.  I'm looking forward to using it for a number of things.

Cillaliz

« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2014, 03:54:36 PM »

Such as soft shell tacos and maybe even pot pies. Or I'll just make some chicken noodle soup

Cillaliz

« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2014, 04:00:40 PM »

Today I also ran lots of errands, I got cat food, cat grass and cat treats.  Went to the grocery store and got some office supplies and went back out to the bottled water.  I'm in for the night as it's going to be very cold again

Cillaliz

« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2014, 04:01:02 PM »

We did get about an inch of snow.  It looks beautiful, but I can still see the grass

Cillaliz

« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2014, 04:02:57 PM »

Due to lots of conflicts flute choir practice is cancelled tomorrow, I hate to say I'm happy, but I'm happy.  It's cold and I'd really rather stay home

Jennifer

« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2014, 04:27:27 PM »

Has anyone else noticed that many publishers are now putting out only hardback books and Kindle/ereader editions? Apparently, mass market paperbacks have gone the way of the dodo bird. I think a Kindle may be in my future--not really out of choice.

I didn't notice this. But mostly read hardcovers and kindle e-books. I actually don't like paperbacks. You should definitely get a kindle. It is the best invention!

Jennifer

« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2014, 04:28:47 PM »

My directv has NBCSports channel so I've watched some of the Olympics live.  I may start taping it over night so I can see more than just the highlights on the network.

I didn't even know there was an NBC Sports channel. That is great that you can watch some events live.

Jane

« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2014, 04:49:56 PM »

We had sports channels when Craig lived here but don't have them for us.  We only have one tv now and that is in our bedroom.  Since Keith doesn't watch any of the Olympics I would be spending way too much time in there watching tv.  I'm hoping eventually I will be able to find clips of the best of the ice skating on the internet.

Cillaliz

« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2014, 05:18:15 PM »

I didn't even know there was an NBC Sports channel. That is great that you can watch some events live.

Check your cable, they may have it.  There are some events on MSNBC too

Cillaliz

« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2014, 05:18:55 PM »

We had sports channels when Craig lived here but don't have them for us.  We only have one tv now and that is in our bedroom.  Since Keith doesn't watch any of the Olympics I would be spending way too much time in there watching tv.  I'm hoping eventually I will be able to find clips of the best of the ice skating on the internet.

I don't have the sports package but it's part of my Diirectv package

Ginny

« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2014, 05:28:20 PM »

We don't have the package that includes the NBC Sports Network, but I'm getting my live coverage from the NBC Live Extra iPad app.  You have to be a cable subscriber to get all the features.  Once we figured that out, it was smooth sailing.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2014, 05:39:33 PM »

I am very glad I'm not staying in Sochi.  Here are some "interesting" photos http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/quirks-of-sochi-construction-1391548019-slideshow/

There are are few that are outrages, or more so than the others.  This one made me laugh the most.

Jane

« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2014, 05:39:55 PM »

Many of the comments after the photos are funny.

Jennifer

« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2014, 06:09:59 PM »

Check your cable, they may have it.  There are some events on MSNBC too

I definitely don't get NBC sports channel or MSNBC. But we have the Olympics on 3 channels (CBC, TSN and Sportsnet) from 6am till 2pm so I am not missing any events.

DR Jane I still think that you should watch the skating even if Keith doesn't like it. You don't have to like the same things.

Jane

« Reply #108 on: February 08, 2014, 06:11:28 PM »

Bruce I had mentioned to Keith, before we watched, your vocal complaints regarding ESCAPE PLAN.  Good thing I did because when Arnold first said something I busted out laughing.  It WAS loud & clear and easy to hear ;D

Laura

« Reply #109 on: February 08, 2014, 06:14:13 PM »

Vibes to Elmore and Jeanne. I hope you both feel better soon.

Thank you for the vibes for my friend and her husband. It sounds like they are having some trouble getting him stabilized.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #110 on: February 08, 2014, 06:14:49 PM »

DR Jennifer, of course I can watch it without him and I did for many years.  I also watch tv in the evenings with Keith and that would just be too much for me.  If we still had a second tv I would record and save and then watch on a day I didn't feel well even if that was months in the future.

Jane

« Reply #111 on: February 08, 2014, 06:15:59 PM »

Vibes to Elmore and Jeanne. I hope you both feel better soon.

Thank you for the vibes for my friend and her husband. It sounds like they are having some trouble getting him stabilized.

VIBES HE IS SOON STABILIZED!!!

Jane

« Reply #112 on: February 08, 2014, 06:17:19 PM »

Of course I could be watching instead of posting but that would make Bruce unhappy ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2014, 06:30:19 PM »

I watch and post...  :)

Ginny

« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2014, 06:32:00 PM »

Stabilizing vibes for DR Laura's friend's husband!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #115 on: February 08, 2014, 06:32:28 PM »

I am watching and posting right now!

Jane

« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2014, 06:37:26 PM »

If I could I would.

Jane

« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2014, 06:37:52 PM »

Instead I'm up and down from the computer on the opposite side of the house as the tv.

Jane

« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2014, 06:38:04 PM »

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2014, 06:39:59 PM »

It's been a LONG day. Time for a steak, spinach and potatoes, and a bottle of $2+ buck Chuck White Zin. It's possible the bottle will be finished by the bedtime
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up