Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TEAL PUSH  (Read 5742 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: THE TEAL PUSH
« Reply #150 on: February 24, 2014, 10:32:17 PM »

Page Six!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #151 on: February 24, 2014, 10:32:54 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: February 24, 2014, 10:36:11 PM »

At long last page six.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: February 24, 2014, 10:36:18 PM »

Page six?  Really?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #154 on: February 24, 2014, 10:54:04 PM »

Have gotten into Jazz the last few years... I have noted that all singers are NOT created equal. I do like Julie.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #155 on: February 24, 2014, 11:46:20 PM »

In the area of Jazz I also like Ella Fitzgerald, Diana Krall, Wynton Marsalis and many others. Sometimes I hear song but I don't know the artist. Good stuff. It is a good thing to explore many genres of music.... .it makes life infinitely more interesting!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #156 on: February 24, 2014, 11:47:55 PM »

I have tried to listen to rap but I just cant get into it. Country music I can take in small doses...

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #157 on: February 25, 2014, 12:01:51 AM »

Have gotten into Jazz the last few years... I have noted that all singers are NOT created equal. I do like Julie.

You should check out the women of The Manhattan Transfer and their solo work:  Laurel Massé (original soprano who left in 1979), Cheryl Bentyne (soprano since 1979) and Janis Siegel (alto).  At one point, the three of them formed a group called Moxie, but they didn't record anything.  Cheryl left Moxie and for a while, Ann Hampton Callaway sang with them and they renamed the group Grace.  Ann left (she's actually coming to Olympia next month!!) and they brought in Lauren Kinhan of New York Voices.  They then re-renamed the group JaLaLa (the first two letters of each of their names) and recorded the CD, "That Old Mercer Magic.  They're all fantastic singers individually and are wonderful when they sing together. :D

Consider me a fan!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #158 on: February 25, 2014, 12:02:47 AM »

In the area of Jazz I also like Ella Fitzgerald, Diana Krall, Wynton Marsalis and many others. Sometimes I hear song but I don't know the artist. Good stuff. It is a good thing to explore many genres of music.... .it makes life infinitely more interesting!

And then, of course, there's The Manhattan Transfer!  I've loved them since high school and they're still together and still recording!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up