Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TEAL PUSH  (Read 5741 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: THE TEAL PUSH
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2014, 12:19:48 PM »

Page 3
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 03:43:43 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2014, 12:21:56 PM »

Page 3 "Born to Dance" dance:

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2014, 12:27:27 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2014, 12:52:32 PM »

Page 3

It appears that you opted not for the teal push in your depiction of "Page 3" but rather a fuchsia (later known as magenta, so named after a battle near that Italian town in 1859).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 04:23:51 PM by Dan M »
Aunt Esther: I have the spirit of Christmas . . .
Fred Sanford: . . . and the face of Halloween!

A house divided by itself, falls down.
-- Edith Baines Bunker

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2014, 01:02:02 PM »

I love how an idiot can create a description like "The Teal-Push" and all of a sudden it's the word to describe something wrong - and people buy into it.

Kinda like "The French Mistake" from "Blazing Saddles" perhaps?

-- Edith Baines Bunker

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2014, 01:35:51 PM »

You want to see the kind of silliness we're dealing with, teal push-wise?  Someone, one of the prying eyes I sometimes mention, posted today's notes to Blu-ray.com's message board.  Here is one of the responses:

"Bruce will shoot you down dead if you dare to say it looks blue (which it does) because, you know, his word is the word of God (which it's not).

The film may have been shot to look blue back in 65 and prints way back in the 70's and 80's have had a look that has been some what blue/teal. Though Fox has also pushed the teal/orange on some blu-rays last year - maybe they did on ""The Blue Max" - maybe not - but yes, the film does have a blue/teal look to it and you can't deny that aspect of the transfer either way

It's the orange faces that is sometimes questionable"

So, even though he acknowledges (but does not KNOW) that the film may have been shot to look exactly like this transfer (maybe they did - maybe not), the film does have a blue/teal look to it and you can't deny that aspect of the transfer either way.

Here's the point - if it was shot that way to look that way how can it have a "teal push"?  It has its natural look is what it has and there is no reason to mention anything about it other than it's correct.  The fact that this is the only kind of response this guy can make - well, it speaks volume in it's ridiculousness.  Oh, and you'd have to be completely colorblind or your TV settings would have to be completely screwy to see "orange" faces.  What you see is perfect Eastmancolor skin tones (for the first time on home video in the case of The Blue Max - the DVD had flat brown skin tones that blended perfectly with all the other flat brown colors).  It is maddening, this stupidity.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 01:37:49 PM by bk »

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2014, 01:41:32 PM »

You want to see the kind of silliness we're dealing with, teal push-wise?  Someone, one of the prying eyes I sometimes mention, posted today's notes to Blu-ray.com's message board.  Here is one of the responses:

"Bruce will shoot you down dead if you dare to say it looks blue (which it does) because, you know, his word is the word of God (which it's not).

The film may have been shot to look blue back in 65 and prints way back in the 70's and 80's have had a look that has been some what blue/teal. Though Fox has also pushed the teal/orange on some blu-rays last year - maybe they did on ""The Blue Max" - maybe not - but yes, the film does have a blue/teal look to it and you can't deny that aspect of the transfer either way

It's the orange faces that is sometimes questionable"

So, even though he acknowledges (but does not KNOW) that the film may have been shot to look exactly like this transfer (maybe they did - maybe not), the film does have a blue/teal look to it and you can't deny that aspect of the transfer either way.

Here's the point - if it was shot that way to look that way how can it have a "teal push"?  It has its natural look is what it has and there is no reason to mention anything about it other than it's correct.  The fact that this is the only kind of response this guy can make - well, it speaks volume in it's ridiculousness.  Oh, and you'd have to be completely colorblind or your TV settings would have to be completely screwy to see "orange" faces.  What you see is perfect Eastmancolor skin tones (for the first time on home video in the case of The Blue Max - the DVD had flat brown skin tones that blended perfectly with all the other flat brown colors).  It is maddening, this stupidity.

I'd hate to read what these self-appointed experts had to say about the Oompa Loompas in "Willy Wonka" (the classic with Gene Wilder not the kaka Depp-Burton version).

-- Edith Baines Bunker

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2014, 01:46:31 PM »

Manumit any relevance to Kanamit?

-- Edith Baines Bunker

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2014, 01:58:07 PM »

Do any of these review sites ever mention anything about the CONTENT of the movies they review, or are they fixated on technical details?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2014, 02:10:22 PM »

I can't believe I forgot about "The Crying Game."
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2014, 02:15:44 PM »

I hope that whole deal comes together, DR George; that would be really wonderful.

It would, Singdaw!  Thanks!

George

« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2014, 02:16:13 PM »

DR George congratulations on the new home!

Thanks, Jane!

George

« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2014, 02:17:01 PM »

I finally spoke to someone in the HMO referral dept. My referral was approved last Friday.  I could have gone to therapy this morning, had i known.

AARRGGHH!!  Don't you hate it when that happens??  >:(

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2014, 03:20:55 PM »

TOD:

THE QUIET MAN

When I was in Ireland in 1999, I visited Cong, the village in which the movie was shot.  The entire economy of the village is centered around the fact that the movie was filmed there.  You have "The Quiet Man" Cleaners, "The Quiet Man" Pub, etc.

;D 

Was it a charming town in a beautiful location or just a tourist trap?

Jane

« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2014, 03:25:14 PM »

I also decided last night that instead of going to Walt Disney World this summer, I've decided to go to Europe.  Mainly Italy, and probably ending up in Amsterdam to visit my cousin. That's my plan and I'm sticking to it

It sounds like a great plan!!!!

Jane

« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2014, 03:26:00 PM »

I spent much of the weekend sleeping. Am starting to feel better now; thanks all for the continued vibes.

Finally!

George

« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2014, 03:27:58 PM »

TOD:

THE QUIET MAN

When I was in Ireland in 1999, I visited Cong, the village in which the movie was shot.  The entire economy of the village is centered around the fact that the movie was filmed there.  You have "The Quiet Man" Cleaners, "The Quiet Man" Pub, etc.

Was there anything referring to "Donnybrook"?

;)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 03:40:00 PM by George »

Jane

« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2014, 03:28:01 PM »

Monday afternoon greetings!  I accompanied Richard to the Y today for my first workout in more than 6 months (except for a few basement walks).  Took it easy and kept an eye on my heart rate while on the treadmill.  I hope a renewed exercise routine helps me out of the funk I've been in lately.

It should-vibes it does!

Jane

« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2014, 03:31:53 PM »

I know not who/what of Harold Ramis, but I'm sorry he passed away.

Look up his work and then see if you still say this.

Groundhog Day, which Ramis directed & co-wrote the screenplay, is one of my favorite movies.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2014, 03:39:54 PM »

I know not who/what of Harold Ramis, but I'm sorry he passed away.

Look up his work and then see if you still say this.

Groundhog Day, which Ramis directed & co-wrote the screenplay, is one of my favorite movies.

I looked earlier.  I'm not into movies, and especially not into who was involved with them.  I recognize his face, but I would never be able to put a name to it

Matthew

« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2014, 03:42:16 PM »

TOD:

THE QUIET MAN

;)

No fair changing that picture!!  I was in the middle of asking what the former picture was as I've seen in hundreds of times but don't know what it is!

George

« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2014, 03:50:23 PM »

TOD:

THE QUIET MAN

;)

No fair changing that picture!!  I was in the middle of asking what the former picture was as I've seen in hundreds of times but don't know what it is!

It sometimes happens when I link a picture from castalbums.org.  Evidently, they don't like linking from their servers.  I forget that I have to do what I just did and download the image from castalbums.org (there is no "www.") and upload it to a Photobucket.com (also no "www.") account.

Here's that original link again:

« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 03:52:12 PM by George »

Matthew

« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2014, 04:12:35 PM »

TOD:

THE QUIET MAN

;)

It sometimes happens when I link a picture from castalbums.org.  Evidently, they don't like linking from their servers.  I forget that I have to do what I just did and download the image from castalbums.org (there is no "www.") and upload it to a Photobucket.com (also no "www.") account.

Here's that original link again:

There is no link for this picture.  Nevermind, I'll figure it out.  Thanks

Ben

« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2014, 04:22:37 PM »

Here's an article that Sing may have read. It's from what is lovingly called the Strib (the Minneapolis daily newspaper, there used to be 2 of them, The Tribune (the morning paper) and the Star (the evening paper). They merged and it's now called the Star-Tribune and shortened to the Strib.

Anyway, I digress, the article is about actors who are cast in one show and leave to do another. It focuses on actors in the Twin Cities

Actors Being Cast in One Show and Leaving for Another

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2014, 04:22:56 PM »

Here's a clip from youtube (of course there are many there to choose from) showcasing Harold Ramis as Marcel Cousteau (Marcel Marceau combined with Jacques Cousteau) from the 1970s show SCTV:

http://youtu.be/9FS_v_DCEkU

-- Edith Baines Bunker

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2014, 04:52:18 PM »

I haven't bought the CD of Donnybrook! yet. I was hoping BK would clean it up and release it.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2014, 04:56:58 PM »

I haven't bought the CD of Donnybrook! yet. I was hoping BK would clean it up and release it.

We were ALL hoping that BK would (be able to) clean it up and release it.

KevinH

« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2014, 05:32:08 PM »

TOD:  Finian's Rainbow, Waking Ned Devine (thanks to DR ryacko for mentioning it first!

Laura

« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2014, 05:42:09 PM »

Good evening.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2014, 05:44:01 PM »

I loved Waking Ned Divine.  It was actually filmed on The Isle of Man where I have visited twice to spend time with a cousin.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up