Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: HELL BENT FOR LEATHER  (Read 46592 times)

Ron Pulliam

Re:HELL BENT FOR LEATHER
« Reply #240 on: October 24, 2003, 06:30:30 PM »

My supper tonight consists of barbecued chicken, rice and iced tea.

Then comes the daiquiris.

But don't worry.  I'm not planning on driving.

And for me, going into a stupor means I finished half a drink.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #241 on: October 24, 2003, 06:31:46 PM »

Has anyone on this board ever watched "Miss Match", the new NBC Friday night comedy with Alicia Silverstone and Ryan O'Neal?

It's pretty doggoned entertaining....to me, at least.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #242 on: October 24, 2003, 06:34:16 PM »

Ooooooooooooooooof!

There!

Now I'm at 50 posts!!!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #243 on: October 24, 2003, 06:35:00 PM »

And does 51 do the trick?????

Donna

• It's never too late.
    • Cabaret West
« Reply #244 on: October 24, 2003, 06:39:37 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]SHEESH! [/move]
I just finished reading the notes up to page 8. It took me almost an hour! :o

Not to say it wasn't entertaining ...

Have to pause to make dinner (hamburgers). Will try to get back later for some comments.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #245 on: October 24, 2003, 06:40:53 PM »

I'm here, I'm finally here!

I'm sorry for being so errant and truant the past couple of days... CAMELOT rehearsals are going very well, but after eight hours of rehearsals, two hours of total commuting time, plus a couple of hours of post-rehearsal work (can you say, "orchestra parts"?)...  And I still have a trace of jet lag in my system...  In other words, I've been tired.  I was hoping that I'd be back in the swing of things by this week - the second week of rehearsal - but my body is still adjusting.

I know.. Excuses, excuses....

-I also can't seem to find a small enough picture to post here...

Well... I do have some busy-work to take care of tonight... I hope to check back later tonight and catch up on all the posting.  And I have two more days of rehearsal to go this "week"... And I actually think I may have to take the Metro into DC this weekend due to the protest tomorrow, and the Marine Corps Marathon on Sunday...

As for the weekly media check:  Nada, zip, zero, zilch, goose-egg, 0
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #246 on: October 24, 2003, 06:41:17 PM »

The French are playing "what?" in OZ. World Rugby is a non event in my home state and nationally the TV broadcasts are a non watched ratings disaster. Melbournians are more interested in Australian rules football - "we" played Ireland in an "International Rules" match last night - sort of mixture of Celtic football and Australians.  
CD playing at he moment: Johnny Cash "Water From The Wells Of Home". Track playing is "New Moon Over Jamaica" - Cash with Linda & Paul McCartney.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #247 on: October 24, 2003, 06:42:48 PM »

A marine Corp marathon Jose? Some guys have all the luck.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #248 on: October 24, 2003, 06:47:50 PM »

DR Ron" Rhino even notifies me in OZ. "Mame" is on her way. (Actually ordered for a friend who finds it impossible to order from Rhinohandmade for some reason).
James Thurber 1957

Ben

« Reply #249 on: October 24, 2003, 06:49:36 PM »

Just finished dealing with a Trojan Horse on my computer. Thankfully, I run my Norton every week on Friday at 8pm and this week it found something. Luckily, nothing was infected and it was shut off from everything else and deleted. All is back to normal. I love the fact that we all have mailboxes here so we don't have to go to other sites to read mail from Dear Readers.

I am slowly winding down and even though it's only 9:48 I may watch a very little bit of television and then head to bed. As I said earlier this week. I doubt I will ever be the last post of the day, especially now that we are having mega posts of over 200. 9 pages as I look right now.

Night all.

Angela

« Reply #250 on: October 24, 2003, 06:55:18 PM »

So many posts -- yeah!   Please pass the Visine or Clear Eyes......
Where ever you go, there you are.........

Ben

« Reply #251 on: October 24, 2003, 07:00:36 PM »

Oh, what the h*ll, one more, make it 40 for the night. Now, I have to stop this and go away.

Goodnight!

Ben

« Reply #252 on: October 24, 2003, 07:17:51 PM »

One more, just to say that I got an e-mail from Rhino saying my Mame has shipped. So I should have it by Tuesday! I always get an e-mail from them saying when something has shipped. Perhaps it was in the preferences when I filled out the order form. Maybe DR Ron, you checked or unchecked something that has to do with notifying you of shipment.

Anyway, suffice it to say I will be the proud (?) owner of Mame starring Lucy. It's for Anthony anyway. A Christmas present. Don't anybody tell him, OK!

Jennifer

« Reply #253 on: October 24, 2003, 07:35:43 PM »

Ooh tv, my favorite subject! :)

DR Ron wrote:
Survivor: Pearl Island -- Wow! Almost forgot to post about this very important subject.

Holy moly!  Did Drake NEARLY almost vote off Rupert?  Rupert was totally pissed, too, wasn't he!  Mostly because he was being lied to.  Still, it was Trish who started insisting Rupert's allegiance was split between the tribes.  And she based that on???? Who the frell knows?  I guess it's because he was taken by Morgan as part of their booty for winning the challenge that Drake "purposely" threw.  I guess since Rupert was opposed to throwing a challenge, it's his fault the other team selected him as a hostage for a few days.

You hear people say some of the silliest nonsense on this show.

I have liked Rupert until this past show. But I think Trish was correct. She was right to try to get rid of him. I was so mad at Sandra for backstabbing Trish. I cannot stand people who do that.

Also I lost a lot of respect for Rupert's reaction in next week's preview. Who made him the boss of the world?  Did you see how mad he was at blonde guy, demanding to know who voted for him?  What the heck???  Rupert voted for people? Did those people then freak and scream at him? What a baby! I was happy his team lost.

DR RonP also wrote:

Has anyone on this board ever watched "Miss Match", the new NBC Friday night comedy with Alicia Silverstone and Ryan O'Neal?

It's pretty doggoned entertaining....to me, at least.

I have not yet watched tonight's episode. But I do like this show very much.

Btw, re: the pics. I will look for one tonight. And maybe tomorrow or the next day I will post it as a one time thing. But I really cannot bear to look at myself in every post. Sorry.

Jennifer

« Reply #254 on: October 24, 2003, 07:52:10 PM »

Well I just realized I have no idea how to post my picture.
I tried to copy it from my email and paste it.
But nothing I try is working.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #255 on: October 24, 2003, 08:24:31 PM »

Jennifer:  I may turn be totally wrong about this, but I believe Rupert's outrage is a result of learning that he was "lied to" by Jon., who uses his comedic bent to take attention away from his vast inadequacies.  He had Rupert's friendship and then betrayed it.  I'd say that was major.  Only the passage of a week will show us what really happened.

I have no idea what Trish's grief was about.  I've not seen any "straddling" behavior from Rupert that would indicate he was partial to the other side.  What gave her the right to stand in judgment of Rupert and to try turn everyone against him (which it seemed she had done)?

I think she had a FEAR that Rupert had the respect of the other side and that a coming merger would give him a huge advantage with both tribes, which is true.  But it backfired on her.  I know Jon fears him.  Jon ought to fear all of them.

They never showed us, did they, how the tide was turned from Rupert to Trish?

It's only a game show, though, and yes, they manipulate what we see.

Tom from Oz:  Yes, the Marine Corps Marathon is an annual event in Washington DC.  It's sponsored by Headquarters, Marine Corps, located at 8th & I Streets in downtown Washington.  But the bulk of the Marines are at Henderson Hall in Arlington.  This marathon has been run for several decades.  A lot of Marines do participate (as if they'd dare NOT run in it) but it 's always the international runners who win it, just as they do the Boston Marathon and the lesser-known Bay to Breakers in San Francisco.  And yes, it's QUITE the sight!

Tomovoz

« Reply #256 on: October 24, 2003, 08:32:44 PM »

I thought it was different sort of marathon. More related to once upon a matress. I was so happy for Jose.
Glad you can still browse and post after those daiquiris.
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #257 on: October 24, 2003, 08:47:40 PM »

What a lot of interesting posts!   ;D

The book notes on the MAME cd are interesting....nothing really new, but well written.  And the packaging is nice with a lot of small pictures.

If anyone gets FLIX, don't forget that at 6:30 am EST you can see THE APPLE!

Nearly Saturday, at last.  
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #258 on: October 24, 2003, 09:03:15 PM »

VCR Update!  My sister asked me if I had any "bad" movies, you know, just really bad movies, because friends of hers get together and for whatever reason watch bad movies.  I found one (you've admitted this yourself, Bruce:  "Racquet" with BK and starring Bert Convy).  Anyway, while I was looking, I found my videotape of "Ain't Misbehavin'," that I won on eBay.  I love this show and, even though it was taped on EP (SLP) speed, it's great to watch.  So, that's what I'm watching right now!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #259 on: October 24, 2003, 09:05:30 PM »

Only seven (7) more posts till I get to 25!!

And thanks to whoever gave me my third Karma point!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Emily

« Reply #260 on: October 24, 2003, 09:10:31 PM »

And now... a note from absent DR Swishy Sarah - courtesy of MSN (from which Sarah's dad does not have the tech skills necessary to trace her "illegal" activities):

Hello fellow dear readers, courtesy of Emily, of course. I miss you all terribly, and it is SO hard to have this fershluganah computer just sitting here calling me, and not being able to get online. (Without being caught...actually, I'm on right NOW without not being caught, but I'm sure they'll come runnin' in a second, so it's easier to send to Emily and bolt).

Let me update you on the past few days: Parents are indeed being losers, and have banned me from the entire internet, besides my OLD email address (sarah@davishome.us). I got a grade sheet in Algebra and I have an EIGHTY FIVE! That's the lowest B I can have! That is GOOD, considering I turned in more stuff today and did well on it, so hopefully the grades will boost.

In the meantime, I can get email at that address, and I'll start checking it as often as I can, so please keep me updated! I'm working for my priveleges, so I'll be back as soon as I can. I have to say though, they ARE right. I was spending too much time talking to friends and at HHW, and I really need to devote some time to Algebra. But I haven't left you, I promise!

OK...since this is turning out to be long, I'll try to abbreviate the past two days: I've been fighting a cold, and it's been getting considerably worse. This week is Homecoming/Spirit Week, which means I have a million things to do. Yesterday, I was at school from 7:30AM-11:30PM. I stayed after with about 25 people and decorated the most impossible hallway with Cross Country and Pirate things.

My cold was getting worse by the second, but since I was in charge, I had to speak. I ended up yelling the ENTIRE time, and blew out my voice completely. The hallway was alright, and ended up being torn up early this morning after judging, because the Fire Dept. was called on a false alarm, and said that the decorations were fire hazards. 8 hours of work for 3 minutes of judging. ERG!

So here I am, squeaking like no other, after about 7 cups of tea and honey. Tomorrow is the Homecoming Dance, so I won't be able to send Emily a post, Sorry! I'm not even sure if I'll be healthy, as my throat hasn't been getting better. I think it's laryngitis. (Spelling?)

Anyway I'll be glad when this week is over, I'll be able to focus on school and hopefully they'll let up on something. Email me! ~Love from Swishy~

"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Emily

« Reply #261 on: October 24, 2003, 09:14:51 PM »

Can't we send this poor girl a file baked in a cake (don't ask me what for - I only know it's what people send prisoners!)

What about some dynamite? :)

Maybe we'll just unleash that wonderwoman Jason met on Swishy's parents... that'd scare them straight! ;)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

George

« Reply #262 on: October 24, 2003, 09:40:13 PM »

Good to hear from §wishy §arah!  If I could, I'd give her a Karma point for luck!

JUDY KUHN WAS ON "FAITH AND HOPE"!!!  Does anyone know if she's playing a recurring character or if it's a one-time shot??  She looks great, what little of her was seen.  She played one of Hope's (Faith Ford) book club friends.  Faith (Kelly Rippa) horns her way into the book club, pandemonium ensues and everyone gets arrested.  It was a cute episode.  I like the actresses but Faith Ford's character always just seems angry.  I don't know how long it'll last.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #263 on: October 24, 2003, 09:46:12 PM »

Danise, I'm sorry to hear about your loss of a family member this week.

And thank you to all for your good vibes this week.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #264 on: October 24, 2003, 09:50:35 PM »

Oh my! I am quite surprised to see that I have been honored with four karma points. Thank you all very much!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jason

« Reply #265 on: October 24, 2003, 10:10:22 PM »

It's been another long day...MTI and the Met. I'm going to bed soon. Just wanted to check in and say hi! :)

td

• td
« Reply #266 on: October 24, 2003, 10:28:03 PM »

Yes, I have read EIGHT PAGES OF UNSEEMLY comments, not one of which was unseemly to me! !   8)

Earlier, I tried to read the notes and comments, but, for some bizarre reason (probably an ill-natured fairy), everything was going very slowly. . . .

Not much in the way of media, though.  

Tonight, I finally watched my dvd of STAR TREK IV: THE VOYAGE HOME, and thoroughly enjoyed it.   But, after an early week of INDIANA JONES, I must say I was shocked at the poor audio/video content of STIV. . .graininess, blurriness, possibly poor mastering, too.  But the film is good, and the whales are awesome.  For fans of ONE LIFE TO LIVE, you gotta watch it just to see an early Catherine Hickland performance. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Tomovoz

« Reply #267 on: October 24, 2003, 10:41:05 PM »

I thought all the ill-natured fairies were meddling in politics these days. I have met a few bizarre fairies in my time! Shouldn't all you Hainsies be asleep by now?
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #268 on: October 24, 2003, 10:50:02 PM »

I like the actresses but Faith Ford's character always just seems angry.  I don't know how long it'll last.

Let's see now....from playing Corky Sherwood Forrest on "Murphy Brown" to "co-"starring with Kelly Ripa (Regis' Kathie Lee Gifford clone) on "Hope and Faith"?

Yeah...I can understand her always seeming angry!

:D

P.S.  Where is everybody getting all the cool smilies? And how are they inserting them?

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #269 on: October 24, 2003, 10:57:26 PM »

I don't know how close we are to hitting 300, but I feel certain we've passed Thursday's total.  Probably by one or two posts.

I could post another 30 or 31 small posts, I guess, and get us over 300, but it doesn't seem right to consider it.

It was good hearing from Sarah.  I was glad to read that she knows her parents are "right" about withholding her privileges until she gets her priorities straight.  She's one of the most levelheaded 16-year-olds I've encountered, and her parents know -- and want -- what's best for her.

Still, I'm sure we are all a good influence on Sarah and she'll just have to buckle down and work harder to keep her algebra grades up so she can keep company with us.  I don't know about you guys, but I don't think we want to hear her complaining about taking algebra in summer school!!  :)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up