Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MOLD PEOPLE  (Read 15714 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:THE MOLD PEOPLE
« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2004, 04:33:21 PM »

Check this good news out.

Chocolate, blueberries, booze can save your life

http://www.nbr.co.nz/home/column_article.asp?id=10025&cid=17&cname=Executive%20Health

Danise

« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2004, 04:44:20 PM »

Evening all.

Nice to see a message from DR Elmore.  I do hope he is doing very well and wish him continued good vibes.  

Of course I love all of the Indy movies.  I’ve only just seen A.I. and that was on broadcast television so I have no idea as to how much was cut/edited for t.v..  I will say that it kinda surprised me and at one point I honestly thought the movie was over.   I need to see it again on DVD to be able to give a better opinion of it.  I did feel sorry for the teddy.    He was the one that was left alone in the end.

E.T.
as a good film but I don’t quite get the hype around it either.  That’s the me now talking.  The me of the day when it first came out was so angry that it didn’t win the Best Picture Award that I sent Steven Spielberg a little statue of a horses butt with a pair of lips glue to them.  I wanted him to present it to the Academy as the world’s first K.M.A. award.  What can I say?  I was young(er) and more vocal than I am now.  ::) ;D

I liked the Princess Diarys but will wait for #2 to come to T.V. or a DVD near me.  I picked up The Scorpion King DVD this weekend.  

Jane tell Keith to not be embarrassed.  I think he’s wonderful for going with you.  That’s a real nice guy you got there.   :)

I have to say how much I am enjoying reading the FLETCHER saga.   Is Fletcher already trained to American Sign Language and you both just need to learn it to talk with him?  

I feel the same way about my Brandi being a lost cause.  She was very badly abused as a puppy/young dog (she was about a year old when we got her).  She also has a medical problem.  I forget the term at this very moment but she can’t digest her food correctly.  The example I’ll give is that I can eat one Big Mac and not only be full but gain weight from it.  Brandi might have to five or six to get the same result.  

She doesn’t want anyone to touch her.  I leave her alone and let her do her own thing for the most part and that is why you will see me tell more about Bear than her.   I am allowed to pet her on occasion but if you try to cut her nails or brush her, she screams like your killing her.  I don’t know what the sick people who had her as baby did to her (and I’m not sure I want to know) but I do know what I would like to do to them. >:(
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2004, 05:46:17 PM »

I am drinking a Cherry Coke with a crazy straw. I got the Cherry Coke for 49 cents and smuggled it onto the bus in a plastic bottle.

Today is my dad's birthday. I made a cake, and as soon as it is cool enough to frost, we will partay.

The only John Williams movie I've seen is Harry Potter. I know I've seen E.T., but I don't remember it so much.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jane

« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2004, 06:15:27 PM »

Sandra I’m amazed, and not that you smuggled cherry coke with a crazy straw onto the bus. ;D

Have a nice party.  What kind of cake did you bake?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2004, 06:18:53 PM »

Rehearsal was fine - blocked the new song, and Tammy seems to be getting into her head pretty well.  We'll rehearse again on Wednesday and Thursday and then see what we've got Thursday night.

The Mold People have left.  It was heartening to hear the problem wasn't as severe as I'd thought, but that story changed from the time I left to the time I got back.  Now, they have to rip up some of the shower (basically the floor) and the cabinets and part of the tiles around the two sinks have to go.  Plus, the garage mold, which they basically finished - they still have to go through a dry wall which leads into a closet in the second bedroom.  The only problem is that that is where I keep my CDs and I now have to box up close to a thousand CDs so that they can unbolt the CD shelving unit from the wall.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2004, 06:18:55 PM »

I made a chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting.

Our idea of a party consists of sitting around in front of the TV, eating cake and not talking to each other. So it's just a normal day, but with cake.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jane

« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2004, 06:23:04 PM »

Sandra can't recall having chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting-sounds yummy.

Bruce-sorry.  What a pain!

Michael

« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2004, 06:23:38 PM »

I find that most movies done by Steven spielberg are like cotten candy. They are good in the moment and then they are gone. I have gotten the Indiana Jones series, Jaws, ET, Close Encounters...I find it difficult to watch them. They are not as wonderful or exciting as they once were for me. I still however think that the special effects in CE3K still hold up very well. Most of his techno movies do zilch for me.

I was partially to Always mainly for Audrey Hepburn. She could do not wrong. I also like Empire of the Sun, but have seen many similar themed movies before and after it so it will never be a classic in my opinion. As wonderful as Schindler's List was it was a film that I could never watch a second time because of the subject. There is however one sequence that irks me and is really a director technique than a story telling one.

I also saw his other tv movie Something Evil played without commercial interuptions. It was quite good. Building tension, but the ending falls flat and makes the whole viewing experience disappointing.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2004, 06:24:34 PM »

I understand a hurricane is headed my way. What to do what to do. I just might have to get a last minute airline ticket to LA and see What If?
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2004, 06:44:35 PM »

;D You had better hurry before the planes are grounded.  With luck you won't have an earthquake or fires to deal with in L.A.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2004, 07:40:08 PM »

;D You had better hurry before the planes are grounded.  With luck you won't have an earthquake or fires to deal with in L.A.

Drought and smog, however, are reliable standbys.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

MBarnum

« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2004, 07:49:38 PM »

DR Michael Shayne, did you get my e-mail regarding the Yvonne DeCarlo CD????

I am now watching IT HAPPENED IN ATHENS. I don't understand all the bad I have heard about this film, I am actually enjoying quite a bit! Jayne Mansfield is a beautiful as ever and I rather like the role she is playing. Granted some of the acting (well, all of the acting) of Mr. Trax Colton could use a little fine tuning, but he sure is nice to look at! And with Bob Mathias and Nico Minardo...well  ;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2004, 08:08:18 PM »

Least fave Spielberg film: The Lost World: Jurasic Park II.

I can remember seeing the trailer for this film in the theater, and not being able to respond fast enough, because it would have brought down the house if I'd started singing (a la the Sherman brothers):

It's a Lost World, after all!
It's a Lost World, after all!...
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2004, 08:11:07 PM »

I'm back after being E&T for much of the day. I was busy and not near the internet. but now here I am. I also got a message from DR Elmore. Here's part of it:
Well, I'm not ready to come back to HHW yet; this week's bookcase collapse and all the chaos in my apartment, mirroring the chaos in my body, have me totally preoccupied.  Let them all know I'm hanging in there and thinking of them."

I don't know anything about the "bookcase collapse" but it sounds horrible.
At any rate, IMHO, time for collective

HEALING VIBES, TO DR ELMORE!

Tomovoz

« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2004, 08:14:09 PM »

Another quiet day.
My paying hobby of making CD compilations is getting to me!  I now have the job of recording Hank Williams and Red Sovine song. Such is life "Teddy Bear".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Michael

« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2004, 08:14:43 PM »

I'm back after being E&T for much of the day.

So you were extra terrestial today. Did you phone home?
Never stop dreaming.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2004, 08:15:48 PM »

For some reason I have always confused George Lucas and Spielberg. But then a lot of that 1970s and 80s stuff is a blurr to me as I have never watched that many films from those two decades.
India didn't have a film industry back then?

::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Michael

« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2004, 08:16:25 PM »

So BK if I make a last minute trip to LA this weekend, will I still be able to get a ticket for the show?
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2004, 08:17:25 PM »

I liked THE LOST WORLD: JURASSIC PARK II fine until the dino got to the mainland. (San Diego?) Then, I thought the movie went right into the toilet.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2004, 08:23:33 PM »

The Fletcher Chronicles:

Today, we took Fletcher with us as we went ladsitting.  Most of the day was spent keeping watch on William, the four-year-old.  It took him a while, but he (William) finally got along real well with him (Fletcher).

At three, the school bus dropped off Alex, aged seven.  Alex is a GameBoy addict, and was very unsociable for a time after getting home, as his addiction needed feeding more than anything else.  But after a while, he joined the rest of us on the deck, and made friends with Fletcher.  I'm hoping der Brucer will be able to post a pic or two sometime soon.

If there is a problem with Fletcher, it is in his...well, in his farts.  He has really stinky ones, and is not concerned about how unsociable they may appear (or smell).

The only other problem is that it is taking the other dogs a while to adjust to having Fletcher around.  Taking him with us today for the ladsitting, which DID last all day, hasn't helped matters.  Fletcher is just a naturally playful puppy...who weighs seventy-five pounds or thereabouts.  The other dogs simply don't understand that about him...yet.

Matt H.

« Reply #110 on: August 30, 2004, 08:23:54 PM »

I watched a movie tonight I had never seen: HERE COMES THE GROOM with Bing Crosby and Jane Wyman. It was a Frank Capra semi-take on THE PHILADELPHIA STORY (except it's set in Boston) and most enjoyable. I was surprised that at least two numbers were all  or partially sung live by Bing and/or Jane giving the movie a really human touch.

Biggest surprise for me was the jam session on the airplane coming over to America where who steps out of the plane's interior but Louis Armstrong, Cass Daley, Dorothy Lamour, and Phil Harris, all such delightful surprises and in grand voice.

Except for one shot where the frame was so grainy I thought I was losing my eyesight, the transfer is sharp as can be. (I wondered if that frame had been cropped for some reason and then blown up to fit the 1.37:1 frame because the lack of focus and heavy grain is VERY noticeable.) Still, Bing is as breezy as ever, and the film also features Alexis Smith who goes from glum to glam in the blink of an eye. And there is a flitty wedding planner (maybe a cousin to Franklin Pangborn) who steals the wedding rehearsal scene with every wave of his wrists.

Tomovoz

« Reply #111 on: August 30, 2004, 08:23:56 PM »

Some guy from another Australian State just emailed me.! He claims to know td. Weird world.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Michael

« Reply #112 on: August 30, 2004, 08:24:20 PM »

Forgot about John Williams scores

Superman (the only epic score I really like)
Images (The Robert Altman film)
Jane Eyre (TV version with George C Scott)
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #113 on: August 30, 2004, 08:26:43 PM »

I liked THE LOST WORLD: JURASSIC PARK II fine until the dino got to the mainland. (San Diego?) Then, I thought the movie went right into the toilet.

The isn't really just a version of King Kong with a dinosaur instead of a a large ape?
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

« Reply #114 on: August 30, 2004, 08:27:08 PM »

That paramount DVD was a double feature that also contained another Crosby/Wyman film - JUST FOR YOU. I had seen it several times, the latest just a month or so ago on one of my cable channels, so I probably won't watch it again right now. I'll look for something else for tomorrow.

Michael

« Reply #115 on: August 30, 2004, 08:33:09 PM »

Does anyone know if the current tour of OKLAHOMA! is the non-equity version of the recent Broadway/London revival?
Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: August 30, 2004, 08:34:34 PM »

Shayne: At this point in time you'll be able to get a ticket for any of this weekend's performances.  We usually have the rush starting on Wednesday.  But, Thursdays, while full, don't really sell completely out - last Fri and Sat were total sellouts, but if you book prior to those days you'll be fine and dandy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #117 on: August 30, 2004, 08:37:04 PM »

Ahh....DRMATTH, I enjoy both of those Crosby/Wyman films....GROOM might have the edge for some of the reasons you mentioned.  I think they made a fine team and it's always fun to see Bing and Jane sing together.

Fair rehearsal tonight...but if you know your lines and some other people don't, and you keep going back and they keep making new mistakes, well eventually you don't know your lines either....whew!  But I knew most of them!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #118 on: August 30, 2004, 08:37:21 PM »

Bed time for Bonzo.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #119 on: August 30, 2004, 08:53:36 PM »

Least fave Spielberg film: The Lost World: Jurasic Park II.

I can remember seeing the trailer for this film in the theater, and not being able to respond fast enough, because it would have brought down the house if I'd started singing (a la the Sherman brothers):

It's a Lost World, after all!
It's a Lost World, after all!...

It's not very well known, but Sondheim tried his hand at a Jurasic Park musical.  Here is a snippit:

Don't wanna be in
Jur-ass-ic Park!
Raptors run free in
Jur-ass-ic Park!
Guess who gets eaten?
Both Jet and Shark!
By a T-Rex in
Jur-ass-ic Park!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up