Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: PINS AND NEEDLES  (Read 12594 times)

Tomovoz

Re:PINS AND NEEDLES
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2004, 09:59:52 PM »

Just went back though the notes to see what exciting news I had missed from DiT.  I may drink a toast to your success Dan. Then again, I may wait until breakfast time and just butter to your success. I hope the Canadian dictionary spells mould as mould and not mold!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2004, 10:01:19 PM »

Page 5 . I should instigate a corroboree
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

td

• td
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2004, 10:09:43 PM »

Page 5 . I should instigate a corroboree

Please do.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2004, 10:12:58 PM »

Fletcher is so cute!!

Right now, I am putting off doing my homework. Don't you just love that?
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2004, 10:30:05 PM »

Apparently everyone is off doing their homework or, maybe, just being WUSSBURGERS.  We must get back on track - we have been having slow days and nights here at the oasis.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2004, 10:38:10 PM »

I just updated my Final Draft to its newest version. Isn't that grand? It actually worked -- not the way it was supposed to according to the instructions - but it worked.

Other interesting news: This evening I went for an impromptu pedicure. I now have pretty pink toenails. The other customer in the shop was Miss Lainie Kazan. She seemed very nice. I don't know what color her toenails are.

Panni

« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2004, 10:39:42 PM »

I'm thinking of making myself some popcorn.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2004, 10:48:43 PM »

We're all about to wussburger in these parts.  It's going to be a crowded bed, with Fletcher, Bonnie, and Buster sharing it with me.  And Fletcher is BIG!  And he likes to CUDDLE CLOSE!

And, me, I'm working on a headcold.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Tomovoz

« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2004, 10:49:54 PM »

Popcorn - count me out! One of my least favourite smells - a reason not to go to the cinema.

My credit card company just offered me a popcorn maker  when I asked to cash in all my points - I took a voucher for a department store instead.  

James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #129 on: September 01, 2004, 10:51:52 PM »

One post every five minutes or so will do the trick. Not really in a posting mood or a frenzy mood - have a funeral to attend tomorrow.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #130 on: September 01, 2004, 10:52:48 PM »

Any news on the interview situation yet DR Ann?
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #131 on: September 01, 2004, 10:54:12 PM »

And where is DR Mr Slaughter?  He is missed. This should be his time for appearing.
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #132 on: September 01, 2004, 10:57:34 PM »

Before signing off entirely, I might as well report on a project I've been working on.

Drawing data from Steven Suskin's Opening Nights on Broadway and More Opening Nights on Broadway, I've started charting when the musicals opened and closed, in order to find out what was running concurrently.

(I using the opening date, and an estimated eight shows per week, which may or may not be entirely accurate but it's an estimate.  And the data starts with 1943, which is when Suskin started collecting the data for his books.)

There are a lot of shows that open and close like *snap*.  

One detail I wasn't expecting was to find that Oklahoma, One Touch of Venus, and On the Town were all running at the same time, during January of '45.  I knew the first two shows opened in '43, but I somehow hadn't placed On the Town as being of the same timeframe, since I've always thought of Bernstein as writing, well, "later."

Just a detail I thought I'd share.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #133 on: September 01, 2004, 10:58:45 PM »

My credit card company just offered me a popcorn maker  when I asked to cash in all my points - I took a voucher for a department store instead.  
You're buying a department store?  Which one?

::) ;)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #134 on: September 01, 2004, 11:00:53 PM »

I'm not in the mood for popcorn right now.  Buster loves the stuff, as does Mikey, and Marty and Bonnie enjoy the sharing.  Fletcher hasn't had any yet, that I know of.  

But finding out how he likes it will have to wait.  Wussing.

Tomovoz

« Reply #135 on: September 01, 2004, 11:03:50 PM »

Expected that! Which ever one I can buy for $50.
Clothing will be the purchase I expect. A store I wouldn't normally visit - too upmarket for my pension!
I may only be able to afford a pair of socks (or maybe not a pair!)
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #136 on: September 01, 2004, 11:04:53 PM »

Of course I am crying poor and about to fly to spend five weeks in France. It 's all relative. And No! I have no relatives in France.
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #137 on: September 01, 2004, 11:05:06 PM »

I'm having popcorn (sorry, Tom). It's delish. I'm also watching the Republican convention and it's making me ill (sorry, SWW).

Tomovoz

« Reply #138 on: September 01, 2004, 11:05:47 PM »

The good news - tomorrow is a François day.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #139 on: September 01, 2004, 11:06:35 PM »

Relax. We're there!
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #140 on: September 01, 2004, 11:09:19 PM »

We've passed the ATL mark. Wheww!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: September 01, 2004, 11:32:27 PM »

And with excellent postings, too, but it is to wonder where everyone has got to.  

Panni

« Reply #142 on: September 01, 2004, 11:54:06 PM »

All alone on the board.... Sigh....  I'll wait for ze Notes, then bed.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up