Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: REVEALING ABNER  (Read 15617 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: REVEALING ABNER
« Reply #120 on: May 08, 2014, 04:13:33 PM »

It's done. The degree program is finished. I have survived. And I get to take an evening off!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #121 on: May 08, 2014, 04:14:50 PM »

This Monday, May 12, I have an appointment with a surgical oncologist (as if that weren't a specialty) who specializes in the intestines, to assess my ventral hernia which was the result of the surgery I had in January 2013 to treat my sepsis, to remove tumors as well as a piece of the intestine (at least that's what I seem to recall).  This surgeon has a very good pedigree, including a stint at The Cleveland Clinic.  I'm very hopeful that my abdomen will get back to flat, otherwise I will continue to look as if I'm in the first trimester and rolling over to my right side on my stomach will not be all that fun.

MEGA VIBES THE SURGERY WILL BE EASY ENOUGH TO DO!!!

Jane

« Reply #122 on: May 08, 2014, 04:16:05 PM »

It's done. The degree program is finished. I have survived. And I get to take an evening off!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

John G.

« Reply #123 on: May 08, 2014, 04:16:39 PM »

And now, page 5.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #124 on: May 08, 2014, 04:16:52 PM »

What??  It's done??     :)

John G.

« Reply #125 on: May 08, 2014, 04:17:36 PM »

This Monday, May 12, I have an appointment with a surgical oncologist (as if that weren't a specialty) who specializes in the intestines, to assess my ventral hernia which was the result of the surgery I had in January 2013 to treat my sepsis, to remove tumors as well as a piece of the intestine (at least that's what I seem to recall).  This surgeon has a very good pedigree, including a stint at The Cleveland Clinic.  I'm very hopeful that my abdomen will get back to flat, otherwise I will continue to look as if I'm in the first trimester and rolling over to my right side on my stomach will not be all that fun.

MEGA VIBES THE SURGERY WILL BE EASY ENOUGH TO DO!!!

And another mega-dose.
― Voltaire

KevinH

« Reply #126 on: May 08, 2014, 04:21:37 PM »

Nice avatars, DRs TCB and Mike!

KevinH

« Reply #127 on: May 08, 2014, 04:24:38 PM »

Congratulations!!

John G.

« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2014, 04:25:38 PM »

Elmore, thank you for the music. I actually think you were the one who told em about the lyric for Il Est Ne. Wasn't it on your Christmas CD of a few years back?
― Voltaire

KevinH

« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2014, 04:25:56 PM »

Thanks for posting the link to "We'll Take a Glass Together," DR George!  That's one of my favorites too, as you might have guessed.

Jennifer

« Reply #130 on: May 08, 2014, 04:30:03 PM »

My niece called all excited.  Her swim team is having their semi-final meet on Saturday and they had a pep rally today. They gave them t-shirts designed after the Frozen movie.

The song "Let It Go" has the lines "the cold never bothered me anyway".  Their t-shirts are red with their swim team logo on the front. On the back is a picture of the character Olaf and underneath it says "the chlorine never bothered me anyway".  All the kids are loving them.

Jennifer

« Reply #131 on: May 08, 2014, 04:30:27 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Double congrats.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #132 on: May 08, 2014, 04:32:30 PM »

HOO and RAY!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: May 08, 2014, 04:32:47 PM »

Elmore, thank you for the music. I actually think you were the one who told em about the lyric for Il Est Ne. Wasn't it on your Christmas CD of a few years back?

It was part of the "Three French Carols" for Faith Esham and the NYC Gay Men's Chorus.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #134 on: May 08, 2014, 04:33:01 PM »

Another "your goddam file is too big." I hate this crap when I'm trying to post something.

Larry, would you like the HHW Photobucket Instructions?  Or, you can e-mail the file to me and I can post it for you...whatever it is. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

ChasSmith

« Reply #135 on: May 08, 2014, 04:34:11 PM »

It was part of the "Three French Carols" for Faith Esham and the NYC Gay Men's Chorus.

Oh, good!  Excellent!

Cillaliz

« Reply #136 on: May 08, 2014, 04:36:22 PM »

DR ELMORE things will improve when Neptune quincunxes Uranus.

That sounds dirty, tee hee

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: May 08, 2014, 04:49:52 PM »

Another "your goddam file is too big." I hate this crap when I'm trying to post something.

Larry, would you like the HHW Photobucket Instructions?  Or, you can e-mail the file to me and I can post it for you...whatever it is. :)

DR George, I have a photobucket account, and what I hate about the site is it takes forever to load in, I never remember how to reduce a photo to fit the HHW maximum, and it really burns my ass on HHW after writing a post to add a photo and be told the goddam file is too effin large.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 04:52:51 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: May 08, 2014, 05:17:43 PM »

This cheered me up: footage of Elizabeth Seal, who won the Tony for IRMA LA DOUCE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10okXhLU3Co

The original leads of IRMA LA DOUCE singing "Our Language of Love":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvpCEnebk8A

George

« Reply #139 on: May 08, 2014, 05:18:26 PM »

DR George, I have a photobucket account, and what I hate about the site is it takes forever to load in, I never remember how to reduce a photo to fit the HHW maximum, and it really burns my ass on HHW after writing a post to add a photo and be told the goddam file is too effin large.

Oh...the uploading into Photobucket taking a long time is definitely a concern.  I can't help you with that.  And I HATE getting that too large error message, too. :P

George

« Reply #140 on: May 08, 2014, 05:19:25 PM »

Well, I must be going.  I have a Midnight Sun committee meeting, then it's "Chamber Music" time!

Be back later.

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?
« Reply #141 on: May 08, 2014, 05:31:22 PM »

TOD:

Christopher Walken always makes me smile, to wit:

http://youtu.be/rF28PETSYFE
Aunt Esther: I have the spirit of Christmas . . .
Fred Sanford: . . . and the face of Halloween!

A house divided by itself, falls down.
-- Edith Baines Bunker

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?
« Reply #142 on: May 08, 2014, 05:43:00 PM »

TOD:

The PAUL LYNDE HALLOWEEN Special:

http://youtu.be/4psTeRpQ-1o

Just before the 36:00 mark, Billie Hayes appears as Witchiepoo from H R PUFNSTUF and Margaret Hamilton appears as the Wicked Witch of the West.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 05:51:11 PM by Dan M »
Aunt Esther: I have the spirit of Christmas . . .
Fred Sanford: . . . and the face of Halloween!

A house divided by itself, falls down.
-- Edith Baines Bunker

John G.

« Reply #143 on: May 08, 2014, 05:53:31 PM »

This cheered me up: footage of Elizabeth Seal, who won the Tony for IRMA LA DOUCE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10okXhLU3Co

The original leads of IRMA LA DOUCE singing "Our Language of Love":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvpCEnebk8A

Thank you for those. Elizabeth Seal is also in a small vocal role on the recording of "i Remember Mama." She plays one of the aunts.
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #144 on: May 08, 2014, 05:57:19 PM »

Thank you, DR Elmore.  Incredible!

Jane

« Reply #145 on: May 08, 2014, 06:03:13 PM »

My niece called all excited.  Her swim team is having their semi-final meet on Saturday and they had a pep rally today. They gave them t-shirts designed after the Frozen movie.

The song "Let It Go" has the lines "the cold never bothered me anyway".  Their t-shirts are red with their swim team logo on the front. On the back is a picture of the character Olaf and underneath it says "the chlorine never bothered me anyway".  All the kids are loving them.

Cute :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: May 08, 2014, 06:06:27 PM »

Lots of things make me smile. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #147 on: May 08, 2014, 06:06:50 PM »

My cats

Cillaliz

« Reply #148 on: May 08, 2014, 06:06:56 PM »