Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: LARD ON A CHEESE STICK  (Read 13100 times)

Tomovoz

Re:LARD ON A CHEESE STICK
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2004, 05:06:23 PM »

The Phoenix has arisen.
Glad to know you are enjoying the Children's' Literature books Sandra. I like to read some now and again too. The prize winning ones are usually the dull ones!!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

François de Paris

« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2004, 05:35:01 PM »

I still think of Fletcher as a Seagull. I guess they have Bach in common. (Maybe that's obscure as a reference)

Beethoven might be the common "thing" with Fletcher -- NOT Jessica -- the Spotted Dog! ;D

François de Paris

« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2004, 05:37:58 PM »

My! What a Sunday frenzie!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2004, 05:54:15 PM »

Among my tasks in the coming ten days is sending off the first act of my new musical to a prize-giving foundation.  So, it's really quite a rush to polish up a first draft.  Question to the SCRIBES: What font and font size should I use?  I'm on a PC, and will probably use WordPerfect.
You can't go wrong with Times New Roman, or it's equivelent.  Ariel, being a non-serif font, is too sterile.

Size?  I'd go with 10.  Easy on the eyes.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2004, 05:57:16 PM »

MBarnum I can’t remember the last time I was in downtown Medford, aside from the bus station.   :-[

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2004, 06:00:25 PM »

Nobody's mentioned Sandy Kofax.  Oy.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2004, 06:01:03 PM »

The cold is slowly ebbing away.  Thanks to all for the vibes.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2004, 06:40:34 PM »

DR Jason, welcome back.  I am just as nosy as DR Jay...

Dear Reader Jennifer, Dear Dear Reader Jennifer.  I am not NOSY!  I am interested.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2004, 06:46:41 PM by Jay »
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Jane

« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2004, 06:44:26 PM »

Nobody's mentioned Sandy Kofax.  Oy.

:-[  One of my favorite pastimes as a child was watching him pitch.  One of my all time great memories with my father was watching him, in person, in the World Series.  Of course he won the day I was there.  :)

Jay

« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2004, 06:44:56 PM »

I'm watching I VITELLONI. Took a quick break to feed wonderdog. Loving this movie. Now I'm thinking of maybe going to a conference I'm invited to in Rome in November because part of it will be touring Cinecitta.

While you are there, you could visit all three locations depicted in Puccini's Tosca, as they stand to this day.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2004, 06:45:59 PM »

Just finished I VITELLONI. Wonderful! More later.

Jay

« Reply #101 on: September 05, 2004, 06:51:50 PM »

I saw Hair this afternoon, Dear Readers, at the Knightsbridge Theatre, which is something between a semi-professional and community theatre.

The score contains some wonderful songs, surrounded by a good many really lousy ones.  The book is a mess, this production veered from acceptable to fair, and some of the roles were very poorly cast, most unfortunately so Claude.

Just a bit of chaff in my perpetual search for wheat.

Jay

« Reply #102 on: September 05, 2004, 06:58:45 PM »

It isn't Wednesday, I know, but I have a question for Dear Reader Tomovoz, and by golly, I'm going to ask it anyway, dammit.

Dear Reader Tomovoz:

Here in the U.S., the performing arts "season" begins in September, following our summer, the Labor Day holiday and the start of school.  The first major institution to get going here in Lalaland is the Los Angeles Opera, which is opening this Wednesday with Mozart's Idomeneo, starring the company's director (is this a conflict of interest?), Placido Domingo.  The "season" then runs, usually, until June or so, when summer makes its return.

In Oz, you are coming out of winter now.  When does your "season" begin and end?  

Jay

« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2004, 07:00:29 PM »

Although my posts may not qualify as a frenzy, perhaps they would rate at least as a fre, if not a fren.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2004, 07:09:50 PM by Jay »

Jay

« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2004, 07:07:00 PM »

Blue and white striped--vertically striped, of course.  Remember?  I was the one who took Gluttony this morning.  And all you Lusters and Envyers and other Cardinal Sinner Dear Readers out there in the dark who didn't step up to the table:  well, all I can say is you know who you are--all cotton short-sleeved button-down collar shirt, 100% cotton blue denim carpenter's shorts (it's broiling in Lalaland today), white all cotton t-shirt, boxers and athletic socks, black leather blucher oxfords.

Tomovoz

« Reply #105 on: September 05, 2004, 07:16:46 PM »

DR Jay: I shall have to check! I suspect it all starts at the end of summer. Late February/Early March. Certainly nothing much happens bewteen October and February. Beach weather!

Speedos weather rules. Opera does not clash with the Cricket either.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #106 on: September 05, 2004, 07:20:28 PM »

Horror.  I have been asked to help with some gardening. Manuel and I are not close friends.
Back in a few hours - if I can find my way back from the trees and shrubs or whatever they are called.
James Thurber 1957

MBarnum

« Reply #107 on: September 05, 2004, 07:27:55 PM »

DR Jane, got an e-mail from my mom...here is what she had to say about the art galleries in Medford:

Mom wrote:

Actually, there are two art galleries in Medford plus 2 or 3 other places that show some art for sale. The Rogue Gallery has been active for many years and is on Bartlett and 8th. The Valley Art Gallery, which I am involved in, is at 320 Middleford Alley which runs between Central and Riverside and between 6th and Main. It is right outside the parking garage at the Riverside end. However, it is closing the end of the month and hopefully will be reopening Oct. 1st as a new gallery. SOSA (So. OR Society of Artists) is giving up the Valley Art G and a new, co-op gallery will be taking it's place. It will not be affiliated with SOSA but about 2/3rds of its members will also be SOSA members who hung in the VAG.

MBarnum

« Reply #108 on: September 05, 2004, 07:30:35 PM »

Finished watching JUNGLE HEAT with Lex Barker and Rhodes Reason. Well, I didn't watch it WITH Lex and Rhodes, but you know what I mean. It was fun and it made me realize what an underated B-movie actress Mari Blanchard was...if there is such a thing.

Then I ran to the post office to mail letters to director Leslie H. Martinson and actor Edd "Kookie" Byrnes. Hoping to interview both.

Now I am ready for some dinner and maybe another movie...I only have about 100 unwatched DVDs and yet I cannot decide what to view. I hate that.

MBarnum

« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2004, 07:37:56 PM »

Oh, and my letter to Race Gentry came back with "address unknown" stamped on it. I hate that, also.

Where, oh where are you Race!!

MBarnum

« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2004, 07:38:31 PM »

DR BK, I keep getting "upload folder is full" when I try to post a photo, also!!!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #111 on: September 05, 2004, 07:38:35 PM »

I saw Hair this afternoon, Dear Readers, at the Knightsbridge Theatre, which is something between a semi-professional and community theatre.

The score contains some wonderful songs, surrounded by a good many really lousy ones.  The book is a mess, this production veered from acceptable to fair, and some of the roles were very poorly cast, most unfortunately so Claude.

Just a bit of chaff in my perpetual search for wheat.
So, was the nude scene semi-professional or communal?

:o ::) ;)

Panni

« Reply #112 on: September 05, 2004, 07:41:42 PM »

I wish I could speak Italian. Such a gorgeous language. For a while in Toronto, as a kid, we lived in several Italian neighborhoods. (For the Toronto denizens - College Street near Johnny Lombardi's was one location.) My mother, for a short time, owned a gift shop there -- which she called "Agnesa's" (her name being Agnes). She did pretty well as a faux-Italian. Spoke it with all the customers - granted it was with a thick Hungarian accent.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2004, 07:42:57 PM by Panni »

Jay

« Reply #113 on: September 05, 2004, 07:44:41 PM »

So, was the nude scene semi-professional or communal?

:o ::) ;)

It was a semi-nude scene.  Some actors were fully nude, some nude from the waist up and some not nude at all.

Jay

« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2004, 07:46:36 PM »

I wish I could speak Italian. Such a gorgeous language. For a while in Toronto, as a kid, we lived in several Italian neighborhoods. (For the Toronto denizens - College Street near Johnny Lombardi's was one location.) My mother, for a short time, owned a gift shop there -- which she called "Agnesa's" (her name being Agnes). She did pretty well as a faux-Italian. Spoke it with all the customers - granted it was with a thick Hungarian accent.

There's nothing that prevents you from learning it now, cara Panni.

Jane

« Reply #115 on: September 05, 2004, 07:46:44 PM »

MBarnum thanks.  I shall have to check them out.

Panni when we were in Italy we became enchanted with the language and tried speaking it, but before we could open our mouths everyone spoke English to us. ;D

‘night

Panni

« Reply #116 on: September 05, 2004, 07:50:29 PM »

There's nothing that prevents you from learning it now, cara Panni.

Time prevents me, signore.

Panni

« Reply #117 on: September 05, 2004, 07:51:19 PM »

I tried posting a pic as an experiment. Got the same message.

François de Paris

« Reply #118 on: September 05, 2004, 07:55:11 PM »

I wish I could speak Italian. Such a gorgeous language.  

When it's spoken softly or at "human level"....

Alas, most Italians tend to YELL and hence have hoarse voices!!

I'll take portuguese or South American Spanish anytime!

"Speak To Me Of Love" ;)

François de Paris

« Reply #119 on: September 05, 2004, 07:57:02 PM »

I tried posting a pic as an experiment. Got the same message.

Do like I do!

Don't post any pic!

It WORKS like a charm! ;D

Mamma Mia!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up