Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE $2.98 SECRET  (Read 8249 times)

Cillaliz

Re: THE $2.98 SECRET
« Reply #180 on: June 04, 2014, 08:11:56 PM »

do any of your neighbors have pools they may have  just opened?  Maybe your furnace sucked in chlorine fumes?

No, only one pool in the neighborhood and that's a ways away.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #181 on: June 04, 2014, 08:12:19 PM »

DR Cillaliz -I think we need photos of the firemen to fully assess the situation.        8)

LOL, one of them was quite handsome, he walked through the house and commented on some photos etc.  They were all very pleasant. Had no clue what was going on.  They got a reading of some sort of something, but didn't know what it was

Did you remember to get his number?  Just in case of an emergency you know...
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #182 on: June 04, 2014, 08:12:37 PM »

then go throw one of the cats up a tree

Cillaliz

« Reply #183 on: June 04, 2014, 08:13:52 PM »

I'm more upset about the cat outside that killed the baby bunnies,  I love baby bunnies.  I think that maybe one or two of the four may have survived when I chased the cat away.   I'm hoping mom and dad rabbit get them to a safe place. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #184 on: June 04, 2014, 08:15:54 PM »

DR Cillaliz -I think we need photos of the firemen to fully assess the situation.        8)

LOL, one of them was quite handsome, he walked through the house and commented on some photos etc.  They were all very pleasant. Had no clue what was going on.  They got a reading of some sort of something, but didn't know what it was

The assistant chief gave me his number and said they could come back if I needed them to. He said they have better sensors that could maybe tell what it is.  He wasn't the one that walked through the house with me.  We'll see if the smell comes back.  I'm going to pour more water down the drain tonight and see if that helps.  Actually I should go check and see if it still smells bad down the basement.

Cillaliz

« Reply #185 on: June 04, 2014, 08:17:02 PM »

Actually, I was sad because I missed wiener Wednesday at the baseball game.  It was a double header tonight  Oh well I can use my ticket for another game later in the season

vixmom

« Reply #186 on: June 04, 2014, 08:26:27 PM »

The assistant chief gave me his number and said they could come back if I needed them to. He said they have better sensors that could maybe tell what it is.  He wasn't the one that walked through the house with me.  We'll see if the smell comes back.  I'm going to pour more water down the drain tonight and see if that helps.  Actually I should go check and see if it still smells bad down the basement.

cheif schmeif ! Get handsome guy's number!!

vixmom

« Reply #187 on: June 04, 2014, 08:27:04 PM »

Actually, I was sad because I missed wiener Wednesday at the baseball game.  It was a double header tonight  Oh well I can use my ticket for another game later in the season

I'm sorry you missed Wiener Wednesday

Laura

« Reply #188 on: June 04, 2014, 08:48:03 PM »

Yikes, Cillaliz. I hope the smell stays gone.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Cillaliz

« Reply #189 on: June 04, 2014, 08:52:23 PM »

Yikes, Cillaliz. I hope the smell stays gone.

Me too.  My guess is it was from the drain.   I poured a bunch more water down the drain tonight and I'm leaving he AC off and will leave my bedroom window open a little.   I just went downstairs and I didn't think it smelled that bad in there. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #190 on: June 04, 2014, 08:54:31 PM »

The fireman with the sensor did tell me the reading he was getting wasn't a high reading, but he was picking up something. He also said it wasn't carbon monoxide or flammable gas. And it isn't the AC, so I'm guessing it had to be the drain

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #191 on: June 04, 2014, 09:00:52 PM »

Well, in a way, she didn't.    8)
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

Cillaliz

« Reply #192 on: June 04, 2014, 09:07:52 PM »

Well, in a way, she didn't.    8)

:)   I did tell the cute one I'd rather be at the baseball game, just to see if he liked baseball. He just smiled

Cillaliz

« Reply #193 on: June 04, 2014, 09:09:21 PM »

I also got a kick out of Ricky.  I put the cats in my bedroom upstairs so they wouldn't freak out or get outside.   Every time I went upstairs, Boo was by the door wanting out....Callie was on the dresser looking out the window....Ricky.....he was under the bed.  He came out as soon as I called him but I just thought, what a chicken, lol

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #194 on: June 04, 2014, 10:04:21 PM »

Finished with my viewing - two documentaries and half a movie.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #195 on: June 04, 2014, 11:37:48 PM »

DR George -

You can go, but be back soon.

:)

I always do. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #196 on: June 04, 2014, 11:47:05 PM »

oh just incase any one is interested  this is how you make the cake

Preparation:

For the cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a jellyroll pan with parchment paper. In a large bowl, cream 3/4 cup butter with 1/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add cooled melted chocolate and beat in egg yolks one at a time.

In a medium bowl, beat egg whites and pinch salt until whites cling to the beater. Add remaining 1/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.

Lighten the chocolate mixture by stirring in 1/3 of the whites. Then, carefully, fold in the remaining whites. Sprinkle the flour over the batter and, carefully, fold it in without decreasing the volume.

Pour into prepared pan and bake 12-15 minutes, or until cake starts to pull away from the sides. Do not overbake. Cool a few minutes on a wire rack and then invert onto the rack. Remove parchment paper and let cool completely.

For the filling: Meanwhile, Place 10 ounces chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Bring the cream to a boil in the microwave or on the stovetop and pour over chocolate. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand 10 minutes. Add rum and vanilla and stir until smooth. Refrigerate 1 hour. When cold, whip the filling until volume has doubled.

Assembly: Cut the cake in half and place one half on a rack. Spread the filling over the cake and top with the remaining cake half. Refrigerate for 1 hour.

For the glaze: Meanwhile, Place 7 ounces chocolate, butter and corn syrup in a microwaveable bowl. Heat on full power 1 minute. Add vanilla and stir until completely melted and smooth. Let cool 10 minutes.

Set the rack holding the cake over a pan to catch drips. Holding the glaze 2 inches above the cake, pour the glaze evenly, using a spatula to cover the sides, if necessary. Refrigerate 20 minutes or until glaze is set.

This cake is very rich. Cut into 5 by 7 rows for a total of 35 small squares. Refrigerate leftovers.

Thanks for this, Vixmom...I was wondering how it all went together.

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up