Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: YOU'LL WONDER WHERE THE YELLOW WENT  (Read 8278 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: YOU'LL WONDER WHERE THE YELLOW WENT
« Reply #90 on: August 06, 2014, 02:20:11 PM »

That said, I like it so I'm sure I'll see the film at some point.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2014, 02:20:19 PM »

Yes, DR TCB.  They serve coleslaw and porterhouse steaks.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2014, 02:20:49 PM »

It will be like the "film" of Forever Plaid, a film that literally played a day somewhere and has never been heard from again.  One wonders who funded THAT and why.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2014, 02:25:01 PM »

Hey, George, are you going to audition for pug's show in Tacoma?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2014, 02:26:41 PM »

Back from a cup of chicken corn chowder and a grilled cheese and bacon sandwich - neither as good as usual.  Picked up a couple of packages.  Am listening to Ormandy doing Shostakovich's 14th symphony - lots of singing, seems more of an oratorio than a symphony, but what do I know.  The orchestration is great, though.  Can't say I love it, so won't.  But this CD also has Britten's fantastic Four Sea Interludes from Peter Grimes.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2014, 02:26:51 PM »

Well, it is not decided for certain, but it looks like I will be traveling to Burbank next month for the Ray Court's Show! My buddies Laurie Mitchell and Kenny Miller will be there and I plan to join them!

Plus, there are some guests that I am looking forward to meeting...among them, Dolly Read from BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS! And the wonderful singer Monica Lewis!

Can't wait to see who else is added to the guest list! Hopefully Bruce Kimmel will be among them.

Have you looked at hotel prices?  I hope you can find a good deal as they just keep going up & up, especially in West Los Angeles.

MBarnum

« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2014, 02:33:32 PM »

Well, it is not decided for certain, but it looks like I will be traveling to Burbank next month for the Ray Court's Show! My buddies Laurie Mitchell and Kenny Miller will be there and I plan to join them!

Plus, there are some guests that I am looking forward to meeting...among them, Dolly Read from BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS! And the wonderful singer Monica Lewis!

Can't wait to see who else is added to the guest list! Hopefully Bruce Kimmel will be among them.

Have you looked at hotel prices?  I hope you can find a good deal as they just keep going up & up, especially in West Los Angeles.

Ya, I noticed that. West LA is too spendy for me, so I never look there. I can afford the hotels in downtown, but I don't want to die.

MBarnum

« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2014, 02:34:28 PM »

Actually, I will be staying at the Burbank Marriott for the weekend that the show is on, as that is where it is at.

After that, who knows where I may end up  8)

MBarnum

« Reply #98 on: August 06, 2014, 02:36:21 PM »

I should talk to Kenny and see if he can wrangle me a stay at Richard Harrison's guest house in Malibu. That would be great fun!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2014, 02:39:35 PM »

Ya, I noticed that. West LA is too spendy for me, so I never look there. I can afford the hotels in downtown, but I don't want to die.

It is easier for us to stay on the Westside because of family, otherwise we have people to stay with but feel it is rude to stay at someone's house and then run off to constantly visit other people.  Our solution is to just stay home.  :-\

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #100 on: August 06, 2014, 02:45:41 PM »

Do they have fire escapes in LA?

Or bobsleds in San Juan?
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #101 on: August 06, 2014, 02:55:50 PM »

I am looking forward to Dancing With the Stars tonight.....on TV
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: August 06, 2014, 03:11:04 PM »

Been reading up on the 14th symphony - written in 1969.  He called it a symphony because the poems that he set all have to do with death and are thematically related.  He didn't call it an oratorio because it doesn't have a choir.  But the orchestration is interesting - chamber orchestra of strings and percussion.  I'm still not sure symphony is the right word for this thing, but again, what do I know of such things.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: August 06, 2014, 03:24:24 PM »

Good morning, all! After several god nights of sleep. last night wasn't so good. I had a dream set in a Macy's warehouse, filming a wedding commercial with Liz Callaway, but it's vague now. I remember table settings and white clothing, lots of crew, and a subway ride. I was awake about 3-5 times last night, and I really hate that.

So, today's program: Yesterday, I had to send the Man from Philadelphia all of the completed liner notes for the recording. They had been trimmed to shreds to cut the number of pages to keep the production costs down. Then, further complications affected the booklet and there was room to expand the various essays, which I did, and sent them all to New World Records. When he learned this yesterday, he demanded all for review. I've received his revisions for two of this morning, and I have to deal with that. I'm no longer being paid, so that irks me.

At 11, I shall head for a bus and meet for lunch my friend Roberta at the Cole Porter Trust. That will at least be fun after all the New World Records angst. I think that's all my news. I expect more aggravation before the day is over.

I didn't know that they served food at the Cole Porter Trust.

The law firm has its own lunch room/cafeteria on the 29th floor.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: August 06, 2014, 03:27:16 PM »

I just met Michele McKenzie, who was with us in Dublin last summer, and her husband John for a smackerel.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

KevinH

« Reply #105 on: August 06, 2014, 03:58:38 PM »

Health vibes for DR Mike.

Cillaliz

« Reply #106 on: August 06, 2014, 04:16:04 PM »

Hope all goes well for Cilla.

Thanks FJL, and thanks Singdaw.  Every day is a little better.  Today was tiring, but I got a lot done and I'm enjoying the freedom of doing things when and how I want to.   

It's a relief to have the application in - the ball is in their court now and I'll just wait to hear something.

Cillaliz

« Reply #107 on: August 06, 2014, 04:23:45 PM »

Exciting news from DR CILLA LIZ.....continued success.....the planets are on your side!

:)

Cillaliz

« Reply #108 on: August 06, 2014, 04:24:59 PM »

DR LAURA here are some photos of actual Little House locations that my sister and niece took on their trek a couple of weeks ago.  Pa's wagon and barn, the schoolhouse, the store, and the real little house....you should be able to link to it.    ;D

https://www.facebook.com/CharlotteS0metimes/media_set?set=a.10152574147652350.1073741834.529142349&type=1

I can't see them because I'm not her "friend"  But they are all fairly close to me.  I've wanted to do the LH tour for a while, just never done it

Cillaliz

« Reply #109 on: August 06, 2014, 04:31:11 PM »

I am looking forward to Dancing With the Stars tonight.....on TV
???

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #110 on: August 06, 2014, 04:45:19 PM »

I (and I'm sure so many others, too) really hope that it'll be good.

You betcha.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #111 on: August 06, 2014, 04:49:44 PM »

It will be like the "film" of Forever Plaid, a film that literally played a day somewhere and has never been heard from again.  One wonders who funded THAT and why.

I hope it's not. I saw Forever Plaid on film. As much as I loved the show lived, I was bored to tears by the movie. It was filmed in a theater and it just deader than the Plaids. 

Plus, Flaherty and Ahrens have supposedly written two or three new songs for the movie of Lucky Stiff, so there will be something new there.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: August 06, 2014, 05:11:00 PM »

Listening to music - Sibelius to be exact.

John G.

« Reply #113 on: August 06, 2014, 05:14:06 PM »

Listening to music - Sibelius to be exact.

Got a box set of his symphonies recently, no major conductor or orchestra, but the music is just lovely. Great to work to.
― Voltaire

KevinH

« Reply #114 on: August 06, 2014, 05:17:59 PM »

Ask BK Day---Have you cast the New York shows?

KevinH

« Reply #115 on: August 06, 2014, 05:19:28 PM »

Happy Birthday to DR td!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: August 06, 2014, 05:23:21 PM »

Ask BK Day---Have you cast the New York shows?

Not really.  Our group of kids is coming in to do what they did, and I've asked RYacko to see if there's any way he could come in to do the off-Broadway show.  Maddy Claire Parks is coming in to do that one, as she did here.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2014, 05:24:53 PM »

Mr. Sibelius and I share a birthday.  As well as the Czech composer Martinu.  As well as James Thurber.  I'm in some very good company.

KevinH

« Reply #118 on: August 06, 2014, 05:24:58 PM »

Thanks!  Just curious!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up