Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE POLAROID LAND CAMERA  (Read 7959 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: THE POLAROID LAND CAMERA
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2014, 08:09:15 AM »

I wrote a cover letter and enclosed it with my jury duty summons and doctor's letter. I'll send it by priority mail this week and hope it gets where it should go.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2014, 08:10:23 AM »

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2014, 08:12:34 AM »

Hope it all works out the way you want it to, DR Elmore!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2014, 08:15:44 AM »

Hope it all works out the way you want it to, DR Elmore!

All I want is for the NY State government not to drag me off to jail for evasion.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2014, 08:22:52 AM »

One year ago today, I arrived in Dubln with Rob Berman and Patrick Cummings to record ROBERTA. Around 3:00 or so, we had our first rehearsal with our three couturier ladies, Anna the fitter (Aine Mulvey), Marie the cutter (Christina Whyte), and Sidonie the presser (Mary O'Sullivan). I remember Rob's surprised and happy look when they burst into their 3-part harmonies.

Jason Graae and Annalene Beechey joined us the next day, with Eamonn and John Molloy, and my memory is that Kim Criswell showed up on the 14th.  I miss them all.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2014, 08:28:09 AM »

Good morning, all.

Weird morning so far. Boss is sharing stories of how his chandelier came crashing down into the dining room table at 5:55 this morning before anyone was awake. And only he, the cat and the dog went to investigate. Cat and dog, however, were not going into the room until Mike did.

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2014, 08:29:23 AM »

TOD: Never had a Polaroid. Always liked them -- and the James Garner-Mariette Hartley commercials.

Here are a few:

http://www.technologizer.com/2014/07/20/james-garner/
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2014, 08:30:07 AM »

Ginny: My mother made my sister Linda's wedding cake, complete with a blue-tinted water fountain in the middle. It was leaning as much as yours.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2014, 08:36:07 AM »

DR Vixmom, I was looking for something else in the HHW archives and came across a post of mine from May 25, 2009, which answers the question you asked last night:

More TOD - I just put one of my favorite cook-out specialties in the oven - baked beans.  Actually, it's just Campbell's Pork & Beans, doctored up with brown sugar, molasses, catsup, mustard, and hotdog relish.  I got this recipe from a friend of my Mom's almost 40 years ago.  For just Richard and myself, I'm making a small batch, but if you invite me to a cook-out, I'll make a double or triple recipe!

1 28-oz can Campbell's Pork & Beans
2 T brown sugar
1/4 C molasses
1/4 C catsup
1 t mustard
1 t hotdog relish

Put bacon slices on top, bake at 375o for 1 hour & 15 minutes.

(The original recipe calls for one small onion chopped, but we don't cook with onions in our house...)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2014, 08:36:51 AM »

My dad had a Poloraid camera, and I have quite a few of those photos sitting around. Picture quality is not the best, but certainly better then the pics I snapped with my 110 camera!

MBarnum

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2014, 08:42:39 AM »

A few other recent celebrity deaths to report:

Character actor Charles Keating

Norma McCarty from PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE

Marilyn Burns, star of THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2014, 08:42:48 AM »

Kitty litter is also good to soak up oil leaks from the car.  At times I have wished we still had some litter here.

Jane

« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2014, 08:45:06 AM »

TOD - I was director of the Middletown Campus library when expecting Rob and casually mentioned during coffee break that we'd like a Polaroid camera to photograph our new baby.  My staff took me to lunch at the Golden Lamb and gave us the funds to purchase the camera - a Polaroid Sun 660.  We first used it at the second wedding of Richard's older brother on July 13, 1985, and then many times after Rob was born on September 7.  I sent a lot of Polaroids with thank-you notes for newborn gifts.  Some of the photos have held up well and others have deteriorated.

Nice story Ginny and I can picture you at the Golden Lamb :)

Jane

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2014, 08:45:29 AM »

Here is one of the first Polaroid photos we took with our new camera.  Can you tell why John and Jayne cut their wedding cake earlier than planned?

;D

Jane

« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2014, 08:47:13 AM »

Good morning, all.

Weird morning so far. Boss is sharing stories of how his chandelier came crashing down into the dining room table at 5:55 this morning before anyone was awake. And only he, the cat and the dog went to investigate. Cat and dog, however, were not going into the room until Mike did.

Thank goodness no one was under it.

ChasSmith

« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2014, 08:48:33 AM »

2 T brown sugar
1/4 C molasses
1/4 C catsup
1 t mustard
1 t hotdog relish

Want!!!!!

Jane

« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2014, 08:49:50 AM »

We had a tree fall down in the wind last night.  I hadn't realized how hard it was blowing.

Jane

« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2014, 08:50:53 AM »

That reminds me, I had better see if someone can meet me at the bottom of the road and take me to my book group discussion.  There might be more trees down preventing me from driving.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2014, 08:50:54 AM »

Good morning, all.

Ghosts. Plain and simple.

Ginny

« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2014, 08:51:36 AM »

For Saturday's cookout, I put the "baked" beans in the crockpot before we left for the birthday party and we picked it up between events.  For crockpot cooking, you should drain most of the liquid off the canned beans because the crockpot makes a lot of liquid during the cooking process.  And, Saturday, I made a double-double recipe!

ChasSmith

« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2014, 08:52:21 AM »

Boss is sharing stories of how his chandelier came crashing down into the dining room table at 5:55 this morning before anyone was awake.

This how the End begins.

Ginny

« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2014, 08:54:23 AM »

2 T brown sugar
1/4 C molasses
1/4 C catsup
1 t mustard
1 t hotdog relish

Want!!!!!

Well, DR ChasSmith, there's about one serving left...

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2014, 08:58:08 AM »

I knew Charles Keating and his death saddened me. He used to hang out in the Drama Book sHop, and occasionally he'd bring actors from whatever soap he was on to meet me. We'd hide in one of the stacks and gossip. He was absolutely charming and completely outrageous. He was a wonderful actor, but the revival with Charles, Alec Baldwin, Joseph Maher, and Zoe Wannamaker miscast Keating and Maher, who should have changed roles.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 09:36:29 AM by elmore3003 »

John G.

« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2014, 09:29:28 AM »

I knew Charles Keating and his death saddened me. He used to hang out in the Drama Book sHop, and occasionally he'd bring actors from whatever sap he was on to meet me. We'd hide in one of the stacks and gossip. He was absolutely charming and completely outrageous. He was a wonderful actor, but the revival with Charles, Alec Baldwin, Joseph Maher, and Zoe Wannamaker miscast Keating and Maher, who should have changed roles.

Both Keating and Joseph Maher were on Another World. Watched them for years.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2014, 09:41:57 AM »

I knew Charles Keating and his death saddened me. He used to hang out in the Drama Book Shop, and occasionally he'd bring actors from whatever soap he was on to meet me. We'd hide in one of the stacks and gossip. He was absolutely charming and completely outrageous. He was a wonderful actor, but the revival with Charles, Alec Baldwin, Joseph Maher, and Zoe Wannamaker miscast Keating and Maher, who should have changed roles.

Both Keating and Joseph Maher were on Another World. Watched them for years.

I saw Joseph Maher in two Orton comedies, LOOT and ENTERTAINING MR SLOANE with Maxwell Caulfield, who was also a Drama Book Shop friend in the early 1980s. Maher died a couple of years ago. I admired his work, although he was miscast in LOOT, but I don't recall ever meeting him.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2014, 10:11:09 AM »

I worked with Joe in the TV version of Forget-Me-Not Lane - I loved him.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2014, 10:11:24 AM »

I'm up after eight hours of sleep.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2014, 10:15:52 AM »

Kitty Litter....GOOD!

Oil Leaks -- BAD!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

John G.

« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2014, 10:19:29 AM »

This story is too wack to describe. No synopsis could do it justice.

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/cops-woman-crashes-car-shaving-privates/story?id=10065885
― Voltaire

Kate

« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2014, 10:25:55 AM »

Hello All:

I am so SAD to hear of Robin Williams Death.

I thought he was so TALENTED and from the new reports so NICE.

May God Bless him and he Finally be at peace.

It's so hard to be a COMEDIAN and always feel you have to be funny.   Thats certainly a lot of pressure.

I loved him in all his movies, and particularly as a Serious Actor.

He was great in THE DEAD POETS SOCIETY!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up