Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: INSTALLING THE NIPPLE  (Read 12351 times)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
Re:INSTALLING THE NIPPLE
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2004, 12:53:07 PM »

I know I'm too late... But BON VOYAGE, Tom and Colin!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2004, 12:58:25 PM »

And another nice story from Jose.  All those thank you notes to make up for the oversight were great.

Matt H thanks for the answer that has been on my mind.  
My brother was sorry they changed the theme song to MONK.  Now I’m trying to catch a first season show and listen to the old song.  I believe TWO AND A HALF MEN returns next week at which time I will listen to the theme song more carefully.

Danise I’m really sorry about your fish.  I know it hurts. :(

Panni

« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2004, 12:58:36 PM »

I also recently listened to Purlie, and found it intriguing, but a student of mine read the book and was horrified.
I'm pretty happy with these Encores! choices.

I'm a bit of an expert on the non-musical Purlie (PURLIE VICTORIOUS) as I've written a sequel of sorts to it ("Purlie's Summer") with the cooperation of Ossie Davis who wrote the original play. Mr. Davis does not like the musical Purlie. And "does not like" is putting it mildly.

Jane

« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2004, 01:02:44 PM »

I too missed wishing Tom and Colin bon voyage.  However François can let us know when they are in Paris and pass along our good wishes.

Days of Wine and Roses.
Dear Heart
Moon River
Two for the Road

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2004, 01:11:20 PM »

I'm happily ensconced in my room at the Renaissance Hotel in the heart of Hollywood.  The beautiful and TALL Sophie Jones got me a suite and it's all just too too.  I have the high speed internet and there's a gym and if I'm feeling up to it, I could even walk to rehearsal tonight.  Also, she gave me a parking pass so I don't even have to pay for parking.  Hoo and ray.  And if you knew what rate I was getting you would fall over and plotz.  I must get some Diet Coke up here shortly.  And I've never really visited this whole complex here at Hollywood and Highland, so I'll be exploring.  I'm told that I'll be able to get the key to my new home environment on Wednesday, which I'm thrilled about.  I was over there this morning briefly and it's a lovely place and for the first time, home-wise, I'll have a pool and a jacuzzi.  

But, here's the best news of all: I logged on to see an e-mail from the online C.C. Brown's, who informed me that they have a shop open again, in the new complex at Sunset and Vine.  I don't think the Schumachers run it, I think it's franchised, but how thrilling is that, to once again be able to go to C.C. Brown's for a hot fudge Sundae after dinner any time we feel like it?  Hoo and ray.

Jennifer

« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2004, 01:15:59 PM »

Got my new waterbed mattress.  But cannot figure out if I have enough water in it.

Plus the customs people/UPS people made me realize why I don't order anything from the US that is not a gift. :(

Did anyone see the new WB show Jack and Bobby last night?  Very good.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 01:18:09 PM by Jennifer »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2004, 01:19:27 PM »

I'm a bit of an expert on the non-musical Purlie (PURLIE VICTORIOUS) as I've written a sequel of sorts to it ("Purlie's Summer") with the cooperation of Ossie Davis who wrote the original play. Mr. Davis does not like the musical Purlie. And "does not like" is putting it mildly.
Interesting, since Davis is listed as co-author of the book to Purlie, along with lyricist Peter Udell and director/producer Philip Rose.

It certainly had a more-than decent run on Broadway, at 689 performances.  From what I've read, the reason the musical lost money was because of the cost of switiching theaters twice during it's run.

I've a strong suspicion that the young woman objecting to the book of the musical doesn't realize that it was intended as satire (as was the original play).  Sad, how some things don't come off as funny when they're stated in the black and white of print.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2004, 01:31:12 PM »

Greetings from the Tacoma Public Library

Sorry to report that my computer passed away on Friday morning.... Not just ill this time, but quite dead. No windows, no AOL, no Freecell, NOTHING!  Oh well, I guess I will be E&T for the foreseeable future, but I will try to check in whenever I get the chance.

At the last minute, I decided not to move to the other apartment.  Something about a master bedroom smaller than my current closet was the deciding factor.  I will deal with the flight of stairs for now.  Unfortunately, my decision to move did not come in time to stop cyberson, Jed, and cyberdaughter, Anne, from volunteering their services to the aborted move.  Well, at least they got to come and see the opening night of TEN LITTLE INDIANS.

Well, so long for now!!!    
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Panni

« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2004, 01:32:15 PM »

Interesting, since Davis is listed as co-author of the book to Purlie, along with lyricist Peter Udell and director/producer Philip Rose.

That was probably a contractual thing.
Here's Mr. Davis on Purlie:
"My only contribution to the production was to supply Phil [Rose] with the names and telephone numbers of two actors working with me in Cotton Comes to Harlem [which he was directing at the time] - Melba Moore and Cleavon Little.
[He then talks more about the musical - he wasn't even in the country when it opened and concludes with...] What had been in the original script a subtle satire based on the folklaughter of the real inhabitants of a culture, was now a blatant cartoon, played for laughs, that had little to do with ther real lifestyle of the people being portrayed."
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 01:34:07 PM by Panni »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2004, 01:33:58 PM »

Did anyone see the new WB show Jack and Bobby last night?  Very good.

I watched the preview DVD that came in last week's Entertainment Weekly.  While I thought it sometimes went into Dawson's Creek territory, I liked it very much overall.  Interesting concept and good acting (particularly from Christine Lahti.)

The only thing I didn't like was that they told you which brother does become president.  I thought that not knowing was the one of the premises of the show.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2004, 01:36:22 PM »

I think those are three splendid ENCORES choices. I think each of those scores has a lot to recommend it for inclusionj in the series. To be honest, THE APPLE TREE is my least favorite of the three.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2004, 01:38:45 PM »

Greetings from the Tacoma Public Library

Sorry to report that my computer passed away on Friday morning.... Not just ill this time, but quite dead. No windows, no AOL, no Freecell, NOTHING!  Oh well, I guess I will be E&T for the foreseeable future, but I will try to check in whenever I get the chance.

DR Danise TCB, I never kept fish PCs, but I remember hearing from friends that do saying that many species models are very sensitive to changes in air pressure (which is strange, since they're underwater.)  With all the hurricane weather you've been having down up there, it's possible that the up-and-down barometric pressures ill-effected him your PC more than the moving back-and-forth.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2004, 01:41:15 PM »

Bruce enjoy your vacation, and then your new house.  It sounds very nice.  Here it is too cold for swimming but I’m sure in the valley you still have many more warm days ahead of you.  

Jennifer, sleep well tonight.

Matt H.

« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2004, 01:43:04 PM »

The MONK theme for season one was an instrumental played on (what sounds like) mandolin and bass and drums. It's cute, sprightly, jumpy. A fine piece of music, but I do think the Newman theme now used is more appropriate to the title character.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2004, 01:44:24 PM »

Good Afternoon!

DR Jane - Thank you.

DR Danise - Sorry to hear about your fish.  Maybe once the weather conditions start to level out, you might change your mind about getting another fish. ;)

DR TCB - Sorry to hear about your computer.

DR Panni - Very interesting "news" about Purile.

DR Noel - It will indeed be interesting to see what happens with this current incarnation of Little Women.  I will say that the "Theater Previews at Duke" series has not had the best track record in regards to shows having a successful life after their time in Durham, so...

DR Ben - Great pics!  I want to see the various fried foodstuffs-on-a-stick now!

Esteemed BK - C.C. Brown's at Sunset+Vine?  Hmmm...  I walk by that complex each time I walk to the theatre, and I haven't noticed a C.C. Brown's there.  Hmm... There's a new "famous Schwab's Restaurant", a Kabuki Sushi place, a Baja Fresh, and various retail shops, but I haven't seen a C.C. Brown's.  I guess I'll have to check it out closer today on my way to rehearsal tonight.

D-i-T - I'd answer your trivia questions, but... ???

;)

-Sorry for the list nature of this post, but I've been catching up things this morning, and I still have some more stuff to get done before heading into Hollywood this afternoon...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2004, 01:49:02 PM »

Continuing to watch WILL & GRACE this afternoon including the episode which won Eric McCormack his Emmy - "Lows in the Mid-80s." He's wonderful, but I honestly think Debra Messing's performance was the superlative one in this episode. She submitted this episode that same year for consideration, but the Emmy went to Patricia Heaton in EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2004, 01:51:05 PM »

The C. C. Brown's is, I believe, located in Schwab's.

Panni

« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2004, 01:57:23 PM »

Schwab's has been reborn?? I have to shrink a sweater and go sit at the soda fountain. You never know...

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2004, 01:59:36 PM »

Continuing to watch WILL & GRACE this afternoon including the episode which won Eric McCormack his Emmy - "Lows in the Mid-80s." He's wonderful, but I honestly think Debra Messing's performance was the superlative one in this episode. She submitted this episode that same year for consideration, but the Emmy went to Patricia Heaton in EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND.

Is is just me or does anyone else sing the melody from "Everybody Loves Louis" from Sunday in the Park With George EVERY time you read "Everybody Loves Raymond?"  I do...every time!  And I've still never seen an entire episode of the sitcom.  And could that be a "What If?" entry?  What if Sondheim had written an episode of "E.L.R."?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 02:00:26 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Panni

« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2004, 02:01:51 PM »

Sorry to hear of the passing of your computer, TCB. Hope you can check in often. Could you perhaps get a used one somewhere? Sometimes you can get them dirt cheap. I've even seen them at garage sales. Especially this time of year when kids get brand new set-ups as they go off to college. The old but perfectly servicable computers are worth nothing to the kids or the parents.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 02:02:37 PM by Panni »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2004, 02:01:56 PM »

Everybody loves Raymond,
Him, as well as his folks!

Okay, who wants to continue it and add a line or two?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2004, 02:10:54 PM »

I have now been on hold with Direct TV for a half-hour.  I may just tell them to go jump in the lake and get Adelphia cable instead, since it's already installed there and would just have to be activated.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2004, 02:18:58 PM »

Are these two different questions?  The first actor would be Alan Alda.  Nothing is yet ringing a bell with the second.

Yes, two different questions - sorry if I didn't make that clear.

And yes - Alan Alda is correct. Well done, DTM.

These questions are much easier to concoct than to answer.

Michael

« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2004, 02:36:44 PM »

I would also have to vote for the haunting theme of Whitling Away the Dark. I don't know what it is about the music but it calls to me. Also the lyrics by Mercer are some of his best.

Next up I also like Crazy World from Victor/Victoria.

Also BK mentioned the track where Holly looks for her pussy. A great piece of music climaxed by a reprise of Moon River.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 07:09:05 PM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2004, 02:40:22 PM »

Talking of the Emmy awards. It is interesting that the late tv series The Practice won the Emmy for Best Guest Actor in a Drama seven times (one for each year it was on) This year the winner was William Shatner. It was his first win and he had only been nominated once before!

The Practice also won Best Guest Actress three times including this year for Sharon Stone!
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2004, 02:41:06 PM »

Also Elaine Stritch At Liberty won the Emmy for best program in its classification.
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2004, 02:41:59 PM »

I really don't care at all for EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND. I've watched a few episodes figuring there must be something there since it's so popular, but whatever is there that makes it so appealing to others simply evades me.

Matt H.

« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2004, 02:43:22 PM »

Elaine is also a nominee for her performance in her special. If she was a producer or executive producer of that special, she already won an Emmy for the show, but she'll still be competing for her performance in this Sunday's ceremony.

Matt H.

« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2004, 02:45:49 PM »

And QUEER EYE FOR THE STRAIGHT GUY also won as Best Reality Series (non-competitive category).

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2004, 02:54:40 PM »

I think I've done the following:

Dealt with the change of phone service, Direct TV, Adelphia and booking the guy who does all my wiring.  Whew (wehw, spelled backwards).

Shayne:  Who is "BJ"?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up