Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SMELLY FILMS  (Read 5431 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: SMELLY FILMS
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2014, 12:10:53 PM »

I received a friend request today at Classmates.com from someone I don't know, never heard of and who doesn't appear to have been anywhere in the world at the same time I was there.  How, I wonder, did he happen upon me?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2014, 12:11:09 PM »

I'm delighted and thrilled to have started page 3.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2014, 12:13:42 PM »

Good morning, all! I'm happy to hear that the tempest on Long Island yesterday did not prevent DR Ben's and Anthony's departure this morning.

I will shortly head down to Toyland and schlep home some books and programs or CDs. I will spend some of the weekend putting the CDs back to their original home and wrestling books and the ladder. I need about 18 more feet of bookcases.

Yesterday, I had meant to finish up a Moross project and take a serious look at the existing materials for the Rodgers & Hart show Chee-Chee, but the day got eaten up with more New World Records Roberta requests - a promo blurb, photo decisions, and a discussion of the unreleased  2001-2002 McGlinn recordings of Kern and Herbert and the foundation that funded them. So, my curiosity running, I contacted the foundation and had a short spurt of messaging with the person now on that project. Who knows?

DR vixmom, I am happy to know you are okay, but I'm very sorry you have to deal again with a flooded basement and roads.

I think that's my news. More from Toyland.

Larry, hope something good comes out of the messaging!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2014, 12:14:47 PM »

well the basement is nearly dry   I feel as if I have laundered  hundreds  upon hundreds of towels.... the two loads are respectively in the washer and dryer

~~~Dry Vibes of All Kinds for Vixmom and Vixfamily!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2014, 12:15:40 PM »

Yesterday was my parents' 59th wedding anniversary

we took a break from the basement bailing to go to dinner at the Miller's Ale House down the road as they have a steamed lobster special on Wednesday's  and that is my folks' favorite (the roads in my neck of the woods were clear by last night)

The meal was fun and good and then I came back to more basement cleaning

Happy (belated) Anniversary to your parents, Vixmom!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2014, 12:17:26 PM »

I am house-sitting for the assistant director of my agency in the County of Alameda.  She lives in the Oakland hills in a home built in the 1930s.  It's huge, is on three levels, is rambling, etc.  I have two cats and three chickens to care for.  My first day started after work yesterday.   So many stairs...up to the bedroom, down to the living area where the dining room and main kitchen are, and then down again to the TV room and second kitchen where the cats are fed.  There is a side door on the second (albeit the "street") level with some steep steps going to a door out of which I must trod to reach the chickens...down three more flights of steps to the tiered-off garden and chicken coop area.  Actually, there is a coop and henhouse.  And then there is a fenced-in exercise area.  I was given freedom from actually herding them into the exercise area, but I thought "what the heck"!  I swear, chickens are really odd.  And I chased one chicken all over the garden area.  I was up and down those steps several times before tackling each chicken one at a time and putting them back into the coop.  I got more exercise yesterday than I normally get in a month.  Seriously.

I slept VERY WELL last night on a wonderfully firm mattress in the "unused" master bedroom (the owner of the house says it's too large for her tastes and she uses an adjoining, small room).  Her "roommate" has a bedroom on the 1st level (down where the cats hang out).
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 12:19:24 PM by Ron Pulliam »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2014, 12:17:40 PM »

Good morning, all! I'm happy to hear that the tempest on Long Island yesterday did not prevent DR Ben's and Anthony's departure this morning.

I will shortly head down to Toyland and schlep home some books and programs or CDs. I will spend some of the weekend putting the CDs back to their original home and wrestling books and the ladder. I need about 18 more feet of bookcases.

Yesterday, I had meant to finish up a Moross project and take a serious look at the existing materials for the Rodgers & Hart show Chee-Chee, but the day got eaten up with more New World Records Roberta requests - a promo blurb, photo decisions, and a discussion of the unreleased  2001-2002 McGlinn recordings of Kern and Herbert and the foundation that funded them. So, my curiosity running, I contacted the foundation and had a short spurt of messaging with the person now on that project. Who knows?

DR vixmom, I am happy to know you are okay, but I'm very sorry you have to deal again with a flooded basement and roads.

Thanks, DR George!  I also had this morning an interesting phone conversation with the dean of the School of Fine Arts at Miami University about some possibilities.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2014, 12:17:47 PM »

TOD:  The first I recall was on ALL IN THE FAMILY.

Edith's cousin's funeral was one of the earliest mentions that I can recall, and one that I knew what it meant.

I also remember "Making Love" with Michael Ontkean and Harry Hamlin (which I loved), and "A Different Story" with Perry King and Meg Foster, which I HATED...mainly because the gay man and the lesbian fell in love with each other...how could they do that??  I don't know how I'd feel about it now, though. ::)

George

« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2014, 12:19:16 PM »

TOD:

Probably the TV series HOT L BALTIMORE, although at the time I did not know what 'gay' was, so it all went over my head. 3s COMPANY or SOAP might be the first tv shows where I knew what was what.

I barely remember HOT L BALTIMORE, but I remember it.  For some reason, I mostly remember that Conchata Ferrell was in it.  And SOAP was one of my favorite shows when it was on.

Ben

« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2014, 12:20:30 PM »

Here we are in Richfield, OH. It's the same hotel we stayed in last November on our road trip to Minnesota. It's a nice place, with a pool, free breakfast, free Internet and it puts us just a few hours away from our final destination tomorrow.

Sing, glad the root canal went well. They don't bother me so much. Anthony says I have a high tolerance for pain. I guess I do since I had a tooth extracted in June and didn't need pain pills or any kind of meds afterward. I'm fully recovered from that and in September the work will begin to fix that tooth and the surrounding two teeth which also need work. Thanks to NYU School of Dentistry for low-cost dental procedures, otherwise I would be paying boatloads of money!

Richfield, btw, is near Cleveland. Ginny and Richard would know where it is. It's nowhere G&R so we can't drop in for an unannounced visit.

Ben

« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2014, 12:21:01 PM »

That's it for now.

Off to the pool!

Vibes to everyone.

George

« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2014, 12:21:47 PM »

TOD:  I can't remember the earliest, but I know that I saw Merchant & Ivory's Maurice about 8 times in the theater.

I bought the DVD from Australia on eBay.  At the time, it wasn't available for US DVD players, but I had just gotten a region-code-free player, so the Region 4 DVD was watchable. :D

George

« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2014, 12:22:00 PM »

Root canal is accomplished. It wasn't too unpleasant. Thanks, all, for the vibes!        :)

Great news, GrinMaw!

;)

George

« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2014, 12:22:10 PM »

Thursday afternoon greetings!  Richard and I were up and out early (for us) for him to have X-rays and an EMG to find the cause of the numbness and tingling he's been having in his right hand.  The doctor who performed the EMG suspects carpal tunnel syndrome and we're awaiting confirmation from our family doctor.  Richard's fine and is now in the backyard supervising the removal of yet another tree  :-\

~~~Vibes for No More Numbness and Tingling for Richard!!~~~

Ginny

« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2014, 12:25:42 PM »

Welcome to Ohio, DR Ben!  Yes, Richfield is about 4 hours from us.  You are near Cuyahoga Valley National Park, a beautiful part of NE Ohio.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2014, 12:27:48 PM »

I also remember ..."A Different Story" with Perry King and Meg Foster, which I HATED...mainly because the gay man and the lesbian fell in love with each other...how could they do that??  I don't know how I'd feel about it now, though. ::)

I think you'd still hate it.  Perry King and Meg Foster gave good performances...certainly attractive people.  BUT, the message I got from it was that if you give the opposite sex a chance (i.e. get to know the opposite sex), you, TOO, will have a loving, full-bodied heterosexual experience.   

I know such things are possible, although not probable.   The most that would happen "today" is that they'd agree to have a child together and raise it together, although retaining their affinity for same-sex partners.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2014, 12:28:54 PM »

Root canal is accomplished. It wasn't too unpleasant. Thanks, all, for the vibes!        :)

Great news, GrinMaw!

;)

I'm not sure sorejaw is grinning much right now.   
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 06:29:32 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ginny

« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2014, 12:31:40 PM »

Thank you for the vibes for Richard, DR George!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2014, 12:32:14 PM »

I liked the HOLIDAY IN SPAIN preview.....Beverly Bentley was very pretty.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2014, 12:34:33 PM »

Thanks, DR George!  I also had this morning an interesting phone conversation with the dean of the School of Fine Arts at Miami University about some possibilities.

A residency, perhaps?

Ginny

« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2014, 12:40:50 PM »

By the way, DR Elmore, it's now the College of Creative Arts - rebranding is rampant!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2014, 12:40:55 PM »

A residency, perhaps?

I have no idea.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2014, 12:42:06 PM »

By the way, DR Elmore, it's now the College of Creative Arts - rebranding is rampant!

Yes, you are correct. I completely missed that.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2014, 12:52:19 PM »

The old ladies to our south and west just b&$@h about everything.

I can just picture them. Refugees from a Grant Wood painting on the loose.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2014, 12:55:12 PM »

Yesterday was my parents' 59th wedding anniversary

we took a break from the basement bailing to go to dinner at the Miller's Ale House down the road as they have a steamed lobster special on Wednesday's  and that is my folks' favorite (the roads in my neck of the woods were clear by last night)

The meal was fun and good and then I came back to more basement cleaning

Happy (belated) Anniversary to your parents, Vixmom!

Happy belated anniversary wishes from me, too. My folks have been married for 59 years, too.

And I'm going out next Saturday to celebrate the 61st anniversary of some friends.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2014, 12:57:30 PM »

I received a friend request today at Classmates.com from someone I don't know, never heard of and who doesn't appear to have been anywhere in the world at the same time I was there.  How, I wonder, did he happen upon me?

Suggested friend? I find people I don't know being suggested as friends all the time. Those and snooty little brats who never spoke to me in high school.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2014, 12:58:44 PM »

Edith's cousin's funeral was one of the earliest mentions that I can recall, and one that I knew what it meant.

I also remember "Making Love" with Michael Ontkean and Harry Hamlin (which I loved), and "A Different Story" with Perry King and Meg Foster, which I HATED...mainly because the gay man and the lesbian fell in love with each other...how could they do that??  I don't know how I'd feel about it now, though. ::)

Love Meg Foster, but I did hate that movie. Her performance, though, as Hester Prynne in a PBS version of "The Scarlet Letter" was magnificent.
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2014, 01:08:30 PM »

Suggested friend? I find people I don't know being suggested as friends all the time. Those and snooty little brats who never spoke to me in high school.

What a coinkydink...just today, I got a Facebook friend request from someone in high school.  I remember her name, but don't really remember her (typical for me).  I usually just ignore the request.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2014, 01:26:48 PM »

Good to hear. 

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2014, 01:29:00 PM »

Thursday afternoon greetings!  Richard and I were up and out early (for us) for him to have X-rays and an EMG to find the cause of the numbness and tingling he's been having in his right hand.  The doctor who performed the EMG suspects carpal tunnel syndrome and we're awaiting confirmation from our family doctor.  Richard's fine and is now in the backyard supervising the removal of yet another tree  :-\

Much like Keith's symptoms only with a different cause.  I hope it can be treated without surgery.

Actually I have had similar problems, long before Keith did, that I have not found the cause.  Maybe I should look for it again.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up