Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE RETURN OF THE RAY COURTS CELEBRITY SHOW  (Read 5987 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re: THE RETURN OF THE RAY COURTS CELEBRITY SHOW
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2014, 12:44:37 PM »

I'm experimenting with this lactose intolerant idea, so this morning I have had a cup of coffee with soy milk and a cup with almond milk. Soy wins!

Many people have trouble using soy milk in coffee because it doesn't have the same texture as cow's milk. Glad it works for you.

As someone with a lot of allergies, I've given up many foods. It's a nuisance at first, but it's sooo nice to NOT have the allergic reactions! My diet may be unusual, but it works for me and it's just a lot easier.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 12:48:10 PM by Jeanne »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2014, 12:47:27 PM »

Looks like a nice place DR ELMORE....I need new glasses though....I thought the menu said Day Old Fries......but it was Old Bay Fries....

LOL. i find I'm misreading a lot these days myself.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2014, 12:48:09 PM »

Larry, you said your brothers have gotten realistic about selling the property. Has it actually been listed now?

Vibes this moves swiftly!

DR Jeanne,rhey listed it four years ago after refusing to meet with the broker i'd been speaking to. And . . . they listed it at too high a price. That's why it never moved.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2014, 12:49:12 PM »

Larry, you said your brothers have gotten realistic about selling the property. Has it actually been listed now?

DR Jeanne,rhey listed it four years ago after refusing to meet with the broker i'd been speaking to. And . . . they listed it at too high a price. That's why it never moved.

So it's listed now at a realistic price?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2014, 12:50:10 PM »

And I am home. It's a lovely restaurant. The food and staff were wonderful.

We began with the shrimp lobster spring rolls, and I had the crab BLT and parmesan-truffle fries.

Ned had the seafood cobb salad and his mother had fish and chips.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 12:57:41 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2014, 12:51:26 PM »

DR John G, yes, holding the CDs was indeed a thrill! I'm listening to it now. I'm very happy with the recording.

I think I need a nap.

BTW, I also think Audra, like Ms Clark, is a frighteningly overrated performer, but  I don't think she has the "I'm not the star I deserve to be, dammit" chip on the shoulder or "see how hard I'm working" attitude I get from Ms Clark.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 12:56:34 PM by elmore3003 »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2014, 12:52:10 PM »

You can actually watch "Sweeney Todd" on PBS's website here:  http://video.pbs.org/video/2365329433/

I had to log in to be able to watch it in hi-def, and I don't know how long it's be available, but you can watch the whole thing on-line.

:D

Hopefully they will repeat it sometime soon.  Or I suppose I can buy the DVD (during the  next Pledge Drive).

It'll probably be available on Netflix in a month or two. You can usually get a free one-month trial subscription.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2014, 12:53:42 PM »

I know it is not "Ask BK  Day".   But I came home from a meeting this morning to find    Vixdad  watching Penn & Teller's  Bull*bleep* this morning, specifically the episode where you are putting snails on people.   He asked where it was filmed

I believe that was the snail facial episode.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2014, 12:55:31 PM »

So they tell me.  They generally do not listen to me.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2014, 12:55:42 PM »

TOD: So many names, but a few that really stayed with me:

Lena Horne
Bobby Short
Lily Tomlin
Lillian Gish
Charles Strouse

I would have loved to have met Lena Horne. Always loved her.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2014, 12:56:58 PM »

At least their thinking has changed. You can always negotiate further.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2014, 12:58:24 PM »

And I am home. It's a lovely restaurant. The food and staff were wonderful.

We began with the shrimp lobster spring rolls, and I had the crab BLT and parmesan-truffle fries.

Ned had the seafood cobb salad and his mother had fish and chips.

Glad it was such a nice lunch. I'd like to go there myself.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2014, 12:58:46 PM »

At least their thinking has changed. You can always negotiate further.

Exactly. They have at least proposed a more realistic selling price.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2014, 01:03:03 PM »

Speaking of lunch, I believe I need some myself.

TTFN. A great weekend to all!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2014, 01:40:06 PM »

TOD:

Without question, it was Jimmy Durante.

He was also the first celebrity I ever met.  I was 9 or 10 years old.  My folks had taken me on vacation to Los Angeles, and we were dining at the House of Murphy restaurant.

Durante was seated in the booth across from us, and when I went to ask for his autograph he was so nice; sat me on his knee and  talked with me for several minutes.

There will never be another like him.
You can dream…or you can do.

Jennifer

« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2014, 02:10:29 PM »

The weather today is gloriously warm and sunny. I just went for a bike ride in a tank top and shorts (which i had to get out since i'd already put all my shorts away). i love this weather!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2014, 02:36:00 PM »

I enjoyed SWEENEY TODD.  I thought the Anthony and Joanna were the weakest links.....and there was that miscast useless lump of Tony-winning flesh that everyone thinks they can't do a show without.....but I actually thought the staging was good.  The ensemble was good as well.

Emma Thompson was on the money - maybe not vocally - but acting wise.....and I liked Terfel, too.  Some funny bits here and there....that helped relieve the unrelenting darkness....

The Hearn-Lansbury version is so ingrained in my brain, it is difficult to see anyone else, but this was fun and certainly - to paraphrase DR GINNY - not as bad as it could have been.

I actually liked Anthony.  I though Johanna overacted a bit, but otherwise was pretty good.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2014, 02:41:35 PM »

I enjoyed SWEENEY TODD.  I thought the Anthony and Joanna were the weakest links.....and there was that miscast useless lump of Tony-winning flesh that everyone thinks they can't do a show without.....but I actually thought the staging was good.  The ensemble was good as well.

Emma Thompson was on the money - maybe not vocally - but acting wise.....and I liked Terfel, too.  Some funny bits here and there....that helped relieve the unrelenting darkness....

The Hearn-Lansbury version is so ingrained in my brain, it is difficult to see anyone else, but this was fun and certainly - to paraphrase DR GINNY - not as bad as it could have been.

Who is teh useless lump of Tony-winning flesh?  May I have a clue?
Audra? She had been a part of the show the last time they did with Patti and George. But she couldn't make the taping, so they did it with Elmore's least favorite piece of Tony-winning flesh, Victoria.

Victoria was on the previous version of the concert staging, but Audra was there last night.  I enjoyed her performance...I've always liked her.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2014, 02:45:05 PM »

George  could you please add me to your little list?

Absolutely. 

Also, did you want a copy of when Barbra Streisand was on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon...or was it someone else?  I don't remember.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2014, 02:53:14 PM »

the Chinese army must have been marching over me all night.

I hate it when that happens.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2014, 02:54:18 PM »

My advance copies of ROBERTA just arrived!

Huzzah!  Can't wait for a listen when it hits the street.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

George

« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2014, 02:57:22 PM »

Ditto!!

ChasSmith

« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2014, 02:58:51 PM »

YAY!!!!!!!!!      :)

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2014, 03:01:10 PM »

Of course, what the streets did to deserve being hit...

;D

George

« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2014, 03:02:32 PM »

Today is my sister's 50th birthday!  The first plan was that the whole family would have dinner at the Space Needle's SkyCity Restaurant...it's terribly expensive!  I've never been.  However a few days ago, my sister said that they didn't get reservations in time.  And now, I still won't go. :P So, then the plan was to go to another restaurant in Seattle and go on the Seattle Great Wheel!  Tickets for that are only $13.  But now that's not even happening.  My sister told me but from cell phone to cell phone, I couldn't really understand what she said.  Anyway, we're all going to Anthony's HomePort here in Olympia.  It'll be good, just as exciting as it could've been.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 03:04:07 PM by George »

George

« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2014, 03:02:45 PM »

Of course, it's not my birthday, so I really don't have anything to complain about. ;)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2014, 03:08:54 PM »

From DR Jennifer:
We had a big family dinner for Rosh Hashanah.  So much yummy food.  Potato knishes.  Bean and barley soup with meat (this is one of my absolute favorite homemade soups).  Brisket.  Bean salad.  Brownies. Yum.

Keith loves bean and barley soup, without meat.

Growing up I went to Services, however my family did not have special meals for the holidays.  Keith's family had the dinners but didn't go to services.

Jane

« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2014, 03:10:37 PM »

The DD appears to be just about wholly back to normal. Whether he picked up a bug at the kennel or just had a psychotic break, we're not sure - but we know one thing: we will never be boarding him again!

Wonderful, absolutely wonderful.  I have had too much sad dog news this week and am extremely happy DD Zack is better.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2014, 03:13:01 PM »

Best of wishes to the DS of DR George on this LANDMARK birthday day!         

Jane

« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2014, 03:13:58 PM »

She had on tons of WHITE makeup....and she was freaked out by an Elvis impersonator who wanted his photo with her....and she almost didn't do it...but finally did....

After learning more about her relationship with Elvis - it was a wonder she didn't slap his face.

She wasn't very tall....maybe 5'....and still had a nice slender figure.  As Jonathan Winters used to say:  "Not much upstairs...but from there down...gangbusters!"

She had a relationship with Elvis!?!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up